Justin Flowe

Advertisement
Advertisement
would have to think usc vs Miami battle if he does enter. Need him to be healthy tho. I’ll take I’m middle with chase and Gil

Sam coached Jammi and Taylor Timmons...he was Originally from West Virginia....Hoover coached Deion...Warren Williams...Javon Kearse...Devine and a Guy named Johnny Long, a Legend at NFM....my Hoops coach was Joe Jackson who was also a Dean with Steve D'Shazo

Small world. My dad played HS football against Frank Sirianni back in WV. I think Sam Sr. was a little older than them. Crazy they all ended up in Southwest FL later on

Advertisement
Earnest was from Cape Coral...same with Mr Florida Hoopster Teddy Dupay...both went to Cape High School, then UF....Cape Coral is a known UF town....when I was in HS (living in Cape Coral) there was No Cape High...didn't open until 1979...it was either North Ft Myers, Cypress Lake, or if you were Catholic with $$$$$$...Bishop Verot
Earnest and Teddy both went to Mariner. I went to Cape during that same timeframe. I got to know Earnest a little while working in Tampa for a couple years. One of the few Gaytors I can say is not meth trash.

Hummel was @ North when I was back there. Sirianni was great until all the new schools opened up and they started raiding his cookie jar in Dunbar
My freshman year in 93 at Cape, going in to the playoffs, Cape had the #1 Football and Basketball team in the State for whatever class they were. Just so happens that was the one year the maps changed and most of Dunbar ended up at Cape. Lots of talent came from that area. Still does.

Advertisement
Earnest and Teddy both went to Mariner. I went to Cape during that same timeframe. I got to know Earnest a little while working in Tampa for a couple years. One of the few Gaytors I can say is not meth trash.
Grew up and played PW with Brandon, time flies

Advertisement
My freshman year in 93 at Cape, going in to the playoffs, Cape had the #1 Football and Basketball team in the State for whatever class they were. Just so happens that was the one year the maps changed and most of Dunbar ended up at Cape. Lots of talent came from that area. Still does.

I'd love to see how they split that area up as far as school zoning. You had kids living a couple streets over from each other going to Cape, Mariner, North, FM, etc. 4th Down to go in Dunbar is a great book by David Dorsey if you enjoy reading about local athletes.

Cape was loaded in bball back then. Harold, Rosevelt, Mike Jackson, Jason Hopf, Tony Green, Paul Heywood. Fred Funk had a squad.

Earnest is a really great guy. His son Myles will be a junior next year. Already ranked a 4 star. They recently moved up to Georgia. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at UGA. UF just offered though. I imagine his dad will let him make his own decision.

I'd love to see how they split that area up as far as school zoning. You had kids living a couple streets over from each other going to Cape, Mariner, North, FM, etc. 4th Down to go in Dunbar is a great book by David Dorsey if you enjoy reading about local athletes.

Cape was loaded in bball back then. Harold, Rosevelt, Mike Jackson, Jason Hopf, Tony Green, Paul Heywood. Fred Funk had a squad.

Earnest is a really great guy. His son Myles will be a junior next year. Already ranked a 4 star. They recently moved up to Georgia. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at UGA. UF just offered though. I imagine his dad will let him make his own decision.
The best Hoopster that EVER came outta Cape Coral was Rick Feldmeth (North Ft Myers HS)...he passed away a few yrs ago in North Carolina...Spent HOURS shooting Hoop with him at the Old Cape Coral Elementary...Ask anyone in the know about him....circa 74-78....Was insanely good....

Best I saw was Teddy, Joe Cherry from Riverdale, and Noel West from Mariner. If he wasn't a 7th Day Adventist, Noel would've had some big time offers. I respect his commitment to his faith, but nobody big would offer him knowing he wouldn't play Friday nights. Him and Teddy on the same team wasn't fair

Advertisement
Back