Justin flowe

Advertisement
I don’t understand how they don’t get it. A recruiter won’t win here because he’ll never be able to recruit with Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU down here. We need a developer/evaluator like Matt Campbell, Matt Rhule, Dave Clawson, and PJ Fleck. Proven guys who developed dead programs and have hit on evals.
Does UM need to use South Beach, the Grove, and all the other South FL glitz & glamour to attract recruits?

Advertisement
Does UM need to use South Beach, the Grove, and all the other South FL glitz & glamour to attract recruits?
We do brotha, they’ll actually be going to school 15 minutes away from most of it. What we don’t have is the “resources”.

PS: I’m connected here in broward so don’t hit me with “we don’t do that”. You do...sorry to burst your bubble.

We do brotha, they’ll actually be going to school 15 minutes away from most of it. What we don’t have is the “resources”.
Exactly, and that’s what I was gonna get at. Places like Bama & Clemson essentially only need to sell the program, facilities, and university, and top recruits are drawn in mostly for the great football environment. There’s no South Beach or Grove near Clemson, yet who currently gets the better players and even the better players out of Florida? That UM has to rely on “location” as a selling tool [or a selling crutch more accurately] speaks to the inherent problem. Miami unfortunately can’t sell kids on location and past reputation alone anymore with the resources that all these programs are developing. Top recruits who are serious about their football careers have a lot of destinations at their disposal now that feature premier on-campus facilities, on-campus stadiums, packed energetic stands, and outstanding game-day atmospheres. Just don’t see how Miami can compete with that until they reach the point where “South Beach” no longer needs to be employed as a heavy selling tool.

PS: I’m connected here in broward so don’t hit me with “we don’t do that”. You do...sorry to burst your bubble.
?? Not sure what you’re referring to.

Advertisement
Exactly, and that’s what I was gonna get at. Places like Bama & Clemson essentially only need to sell the program, facilities, and university, and top recruits are drawn in mostly for the great football environment. There’s no South Beach or Grove near Clemson, yet who currently gets the better players and even the better players out of Florida? That UM has to rely on “location” as a selling tool [or a selling crutch more accurately] speaks to the inherent problem. Miami unfortunately can’t sell kids on location and past reputation alone anymore with the resources that all these programs are developing. Top recruits who are serious about their football careers have a lot of destinations at their disposal now that feature premier on-campus facilities, on-campus stadiums, packed energetic stands, and outstanding game-day atmospheres. Just don’t see how Miami can compete with that until they reach the point where “South Beach” no longer needs to be employed as a heavy selling tool.

Miami does have one another advantage over Clemson. If you go to Clemson and don't make it to the NFL you will never get a good job. A Clemson degree is a joke. I would literally laugh if a Clemson resume ever crossed my desk.

He was wrong twice last year wasn’t he. I remember him crystalballing Stevenson and Hasselwood to us.

I mean yea of course he can be wrong and I hope he is lol

I put rarely wrong in my post not never been wrong in his life.

The odds are not in our favor right now it seems

This is a really weird statement. The two schools are practically tied in overall USNWR ranking, despite Clemson being a third of the cost of attendance. Clemson has better employment outcomes (they have a higher employment rate and their graduates on average make $2,000 a year more, despite living in cheaper areas as a whole) and their programs are ranked higher in general (for example, Clemson engineering is #54 in the country and Miami is #108). Clemson has a higher graduation rate and freshman retention rate. Clemson is also more competitive, as the two schools have the same average incoming SAT and Clemson has a substantially higher average entering GPA (3.74 vs. 3.5). The honors college is particular is much higher regarded and more competitive in admissions. Clemson also sends more students to elite graduate schools. One's the top rated school in its state, the other lags behind its two main competitors. I'd recommend doing some research next time before making yourself look really stupid. I'd imagine you'd never be in position to make hiring decisions.

But Flowe's probably going to Oregon.

Only middle aged mothers care about USNWR rankings. Academics is something like 20% of the criteria they use when making the rankings and no businesses actually care about those rankings. Graduation rate and freshman retention rate don't have any bearing on how important their degree is.

GPAs are not standardized. UM has a massive amount of kids from NY, NJ, CT, MD, and New England. Those high schools are significantly harder than the schools filled with trailer trash in South Carolina. So I would hope the low lives that go to Clemson would have higher GPAs than the kids at Miami.

Being the top rated school in SC is nothing to be proud of considering no one with money wants to live in that schit hole.

Starting salaries also don't matter at all either. You could have a UM grad making 60K fresh out of college working as an associate, but in 5 years he will be making 7 figures . Then you have a kid from Clemson who goes and gets a blue collar job at Bill Bobs factory getting paid 80k a year with all the OT, but he will barely crack 6 figures after 5 years at that job.

I have no reason to brag to a poor imbecile that graduated from Clemson, but tons of members here know me personally and what I do for a living. A Clemson degree is laughed at in the financial world. You will never find a recent Clemson grad with a front office Wall Street job.

Unless your name is Tom Chapman you do not make more than me or make higher level hires than I do. So maybe you should go and talk to actual successful people and get a real grasp of the topic before responding.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only middle aged mothers care about USNWR rankings. Academics is something like 20% of the criteria they use when making the rankings and no businesses actually care about those rankings. Graduation rate and freshman retention rate don't have any bearing on how important their degree is.

GPAs are not standardized. UM has a massive amount of kids from NY, NJ, CT, MD, and New England. Those high schools are significantly harder than the schools filled with trailer trash in South Carolina. So I would hope the low lives that go to Clemson would have higher GPAs than the kids at Miami.

Being the top rated school in SC is nothing to be proud of considering no one with money wants to live in that schit hole.

Starting salaries also don't matter at all either. You could have a UM grad making 60K fresh out of college working as an associate, but in 5 years he will be making 7 figures . Then you have a kid from Clemson who goes and gets a blue collar job at Bill Bobs factory getting paid 80k a year with all the OT, but he will barely crack 6 figures after 5 years at that job.

I have no reason to brag to a poor imbecile that graduated from Clemson, but tons of members here know me personally and what I do for a living. A Clemson degree is laughed at in the financial world. You will never find a recent Clemson grad with a front office Wall Street job.

Unless your name is Tom Chapman you do not make more than me or make higher level hires than I do. So maybe you should go and talk to actual successful people and get a real grasp of the topic before responding.

:thumbsup-kid:

Miami does have one another advantage over Clemson. If you go to Clemson and don't make it to the NFL you will never get a good job. A Clemson degree is a joke. I would literally laugh if a Clemson resume ever crossed my desk.

THREE THREE THREE POINTER ,

The Playmaker tells young kids on there OV , do NOT think of the next 4 years think of of 30 years .
Think of what business contacts the U brings , think of the City of Miami, Miami Beach , Ft. Lauderdale relationships to open doors.

This is what Flowe knows is important, he knows he can to to division IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII just above pop Warner at still be #1 MLB Draft choice.

Like safe driver looks 2-3 car’s ahead to be safe and smarter then the low rider MING running nitro methane supercharger.

I’m not against MING punks crashing because we always need organ donors like crazy motorcycle street racers there awesome body part donors.

BACK on topic, Flowe is all business smart young man.

Flowe looks ahead like his game be ahead of the play then DESTROY.

Yes, we don’t have the on campus shît, like a play slide, but those aren’t the “resources” he’s talking about. Z’s very connected in Broward with the recruiting scene and I think what he’s saying is that he knows for fact that you have guys running around with bags.

Advertisement
THREE THREE THREE POINTER ,

The Playmaker tells young kids on there OV , do NOT think of the next 4 years think of of 30 years .
Think of what business contacts the U brings , think of the City of Miami, Miami Beach , Ft. Lauderdale relationships to open doors.

This is what Flowe knows is important, he knows he can to to division IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII just above pop Warner at still be #1 MLB Draft choice.

Like safe driver looks 2-3 car’s ahead to be safe and smarter then the low rider MING running nitro methane supercharger.

I’m not against MING punks crashing because we always need organ donors like crazy motorcycle street racers there awesome body part donors.

BACK on topic, Flowe is all business smart young man.

Flowe looks ahead like his game be ahead of the play then DESTROY.

Who needs connections with billionaries in Miami when you can meet up with the guy that owns the local Bowling Alley in Clemson SC.

Thank you. That USNWR is the most misleading rankings report out there. The boldened statements are facts.

Well Cot ****...If ever a Drop the Mic Moment....

Advertisement
Back