Justin Flowe

@ChoadCane To be honest I believe that kids around the nation are beginning to look at UM very differently ever since Manny Diaz took over. There is a huge TNM buzz out there. Couple that with the style of defense we play and I think that if we start winning again like we should that we are going to be a very desirable program on a national level.

Advertisement
No other way to get (and keep) the attention of kids this caliber besides winning. Winning is necessary, have to hope we can keep them interested enough until the season begins so they can see it for themselves.

I remember last summer he said he was going to visit the big 3 consecutively. He didn’t end up visiting us im pretty sure, not sure on the others.

Right..double digit wins from here on out. Can’t afford anymore 9 win seasons.

ACC champ game every year the next ten years

Advertisement
I hope we really go for this one and sell him on being the ambassador of our defense like Chaney will be for the offense!

Kid looks legit and would kill it in this scheme playing down hill like he does

Advertisement
Tell him to bring his whole **** family and neighborhood! But for real step one with these out of state kids are getting them to visit at least once. Most fall in love and least end up OV'ing to us.

Yep. ****, get him to bring some of those other west coast beasts with him like Smalls, Ringo, Washington, and Ricks. Have guys like Brevin, Phillips, Tate, and Bubba host them.

Advertisement
Yep. ****, get him to bring some of those other west coast beasts with him like Smalls, Ringo, Washington, and Ricks. Have guys like Brevin, Phillips, Tate, and Bubba host them.
Tate and Bolden at their lowest came here and people who think that won't matter to west coast kids are crazy. Helton and Chips Kelly suck and don't get west coast kids excited so strike now

Fun Fact: his high school is also known as the U
(Upland) and uses the Miami U logo as their own.
The symbolism familiarity cant hurt. Right?
(Haha here's to wishful thinking at least)

Advertisement
I think something really cool that should be done is bring in a bunch of former great U linebackers
Ray, Vilma, DJ, Morgan, Denzel have them all dress up in their canes uniforms of years past with a video of a torch being passed until it reaches Flowe..then grab dinner with the coaches, then of course waking up next to a **** *** white chick after a night to remember with our current squad.

@ChoadCane To be honest I believe that kids around the nation are beginning to look at UM very differently ever since Manny Diaz took over. There is a huge TNM buzz out there. Couple that with the style of defense we play and I think that if we start winning again like we should that we are going to be a very desirable program on a national level.
I'm more skeptical than you are. I don't know how long you've been following recruiting, but even during our glory years, we lost scores and scores of recruiting battles over elite recruits, especially out-of-state recruits. Don't tell me I wrong, I know better.

I want to see the results. I think, even with TNM, we will do better, but we will continue to face some disappointments. One factor we will continue to fight is the problem of bags. We didn't face the kind of problem in the '80's and that we face now.

I'm more skeptical than you are. I don't know how long you've been following recruiting, but even during our glory years, we lost scores and scores of recruiting battles over elite recruits, especially out-of-state recruits. Don't tell me I wrong, I know better.

I want to see the results. I think, even with TNM, we will do better, but we will continue to face some disappointments. One factor we will continue to fight is the problem of bags. We didn't face the kind of problem in the '80's and that we face now.
I completely understand and appreciate your position. I'm not saying that all of a sudden we are going to be Alabama and get everyone we want. I'm not saying that at all and I'll also say that skepticism is perfectly natural and we could all stand a little tempering of expectations as this is Diaz's first year. However what I will say is that we will do significantly better than what we have done. Yes we will lose some battles. That is inevitable but I will tell you right now. We are going to start winning our share and I'm fairly confident in saying that. I will also add that I think Manolo's ceiling pretty high but that is my personal opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree on no matter how good we become that we will continue to face disappointments and lose out on scores of “elite” recruits. Both local and OOS. It’s always been the case and we have overcome it. It just a matter of getting the right recruits with the right mindset and attitude. I believe this is why we have had so much success producing NFL stars because when they signed here it wasn’t because they had just signed their “big free agent” deal.

I will disagree that we didn’t face bags back then. I know you are not saying this but most people on here think this is a new phenomenon. Back then the SWC was as out of control as the SEC is now and the SEC was no choirboy either. The issue back then was that you didn’t have all the different media outlets you have now focusing on sports and much less kids posting selfies on social media with bags of cash or their brand spanking new sports car, but it was bad. In 1988 they even made a comedy about the absurdity of the recruiting process and the enticements offered called “Johnny Be Good”. That was the closest anyone got to talking about it in polite circles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Be_Good

Advertisement
Back