Justin Fields transferring

I agree

However when the playcall is all verts on 3rd and 2 for the 5th time in a game.... it doesn’t matter who the QB is

Of course it does. When the QB makes the correct read and completes the pass, or when he can actually keep the ball in bounds and draw a DPI, or when he can quickly recognize the defense is in man and step up in the pocket for 6 yards......when those things happen, people tend to not criticize the OC too much.

I’m not defending Mark Richt here. His offense is archaic, predictable, and lacks creativity. I’m just saying stick a really good QB in there...not a baseball player or a kid who can’t think...and watch how much better “Richt” is.

Good coaching makes good players, but let’s not forget that also in a lot of cases, good players make good coaches.

Advertisement
I understand everyone’s disappointment with Richt but why is Pope’s lack of freshman productivity ‘more on the coaches’? There were a number experienced players ahead of him when he arrived on campus. Acclimating to P5 college football, especially at a school like Miami, takes a lot of effort on the part of the incoming player. Pope earned a lot of hype in high school but is he entitled to reps based on expectations? Doesn’t Pope or any other player have to earn playing time?

When you have a 5 star receiver you design ways to get him the ball, period.

It’s not like anyone but Thomas was setting the world on fire.

Also, this is why if you’re Richt and don’t go Air Raid you’re crazy. Pope is the best example of the types of dudes South Florida produces, no reason he shouldn’t make an immediate contribution.

See lots of fans from Pittsburgh in a lot of places and I dislike the Cowboys especially with Zeke there, but they are America's team.

I dunno. I actually think the labeling of any team as "America's Team" is a flawed idea but I will tell you this- I'll take the Steelers' fanbase to show up more en masse to any road game over Dallas' and I'll bet you that I kind find a Steelers bar faster and in more supply in any city (worldwide).

Do you remember when the Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens? Cleveland is lucky to even have a team today.

Pittsburgh is a prestigious job. Dallas is more prestigious, but at least for the Steelers, you can make an argument. Cleveland is and always has been a bottom-feeder.... right up there with the Tampa Bay Bucs and the Carolina Panthers.

I hate Cleveland with a passion so I'm not going to argue too vehemently on their behalf but I was just talking pure football. I take that job with their current roster and sans Jeh-ruh & son's meddling over the Cowboys. But yeahhhh, Dallas is obviously a marquee job and marquee franchise and a preferable place to live.

I agree

However when the playcall is all verts on 3rd and 2 for the 5th time in a game.... it doesn’t matter who the QB is

Has it ever occurred to you he might call different plays or the ball may go to different people if another QB is in the game?

Advertisement
I hear you. The plays would be different for a QB he does not have to have serve suspensions.

Is Michael Thomas wearing UGA cleats tonight? No troll is that some perverted recruiting tool?

Side comment: Martell might be my most hated player of all time.

Advertisement
When you have a 5 star receiver you design ways to get him the ball, period.

It’s not like anyone but Thomas was setting the world on fire.

Also, this is why if you’re Richt and don’t go Air Raid you’re crazy. Pope is the best example of the types of dudes South Florida produces, no reason he shouldn’t make an immediate contribution.
Except for the fact he looked 120pds soaking wet when he stepped on campus, clearly needs time to develop in the weight room, is embarrassing to watch try and block, got penalties when he did block, and can't create separation at all vs D1 guys right now. Yeah, other than that, he should have had a 1,000yd season this year!

Advertisement
Except for the fact he looked 120pds soaking wet when he stepped on campus, clearly needs time to develop in the weight room, is embarrassing to watch try and block, got penalties when he did block, and can't create separation at all vs D1 guys right now. Yeah, other than that, he should have had a 1,000yd season this year!

Blah blah blah. Good coach would have gotten him the ball in space where his size doesn’t matter, and they DEFINITELY wouldnt have made him a lead blocker. Rondale Moore agrees with me.

Of course it does. When the QB makes the correct read and completes the pass, or when he can actually keep the ball in bounds and draw a DPI, or when he can quickly recognize the defense is in man and step up in the pocket for 6 yards......when those things happen, people tend to not criticize the OC too much.

I’m not defending Mark Richt here. His offense is archaic, predictable, and lacks creativity. I’m just saying stick a really good QB in there...not a baseball player or a kid who can’t think...and watch how much better “Richt” is.

Good coaching makes good players, but let’s not forget that also in a lot of cases, good players make good coaches.

Why did you put quotations around Richt?

Advertisement
I am assuming Fields is going to announce soon. If he plans on enrolling somewhere in the spring he has about a week left.

Advertisement
Back