Just one thing

I don't think your statement is correct.

MTSU played 8-9 in the box the entire game and 1v1 against our WRs. They didn't respect our WRs or passing game.

Adding additional blockers to run the ball was the right move. Otherwise, you have more defenders than you can block.

The problem is they actually have to block. The entire offensive line looked like they took the day off. They overlooked their opponent. They expected MTSU to just lay down. You can't just turn the switch to ON on GameDay. The mental preparation is all week.

You have a numbers advantage with your WR's (More than two) outside if they try to load the box like like.

I've even seen Richts dumbass hit that bubble repeatedly until defenses spread out of the box.

Also, it's not that they were playing heavy sets because of the defense, they do it anyway regardless.

Advertisement
@gogeta4 @Liberty City El and a few others told y'all what was to come with Mario Cristobal.... don't get angry now 🤷🏿‍♂️
I am on board with Mario.
.but I deadass HATED THE GATTIS HIRE!
.Me and my guy LCE was clowning TF out of this **** BIG10 wack *** slow *** plodding ND 2017 slow *** developing Marty Ball offense... **** is ******* wack.

Advertisement
“tUfF & FiZicUlL!”
image-2022-09-25-170812482.png

image-2022-09-25-170951678.png

I don't think your statement is correct.

MTSU played 8-9 in the box the entire game and 1v1 against our WRs. They didn't respect our WRs or passing game.

Adding additional blockers to run the ball was the right move. Otherwise, you have more defenders than you can block.

The problem is they actually have to block. The entire offensive line looked like they took the day off. They overlooked their opponent. They expected MTSU to just lay down. You can't just turn the switch to ON on GameDay. The mental preparation is all week.
Lol what he is saying is when we went 4 wide they could only have 7 in the box. When we had 2 TE in line or in the backfield they stacked the box and put 8-9. So adding more blockers brings more defenders in the box. Simple

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back