Just How Low Have We Fallen

"The Miami job elicits more polarizing views than almost any in Power 5. Coaches from Power 5 programs I talked with are split: some say it's still a great job, others have concerns about admin support and infrastructure. Two agents told me tonight that all things considered, UCF might be a better job than Miami." - Adam Rittenberg ESPN

It'll be interesting to see who is interested in the job and who is hired. I think this hire is the most important in our program's history. We can't absorb another crappy coach.

When we fired Coker everyone we approached did not want to even talk about taking the job. Shannon saved the day. When he was fired the same thing, they settled on Golden. Don't expect national recognized coaching talents to be breaking the doors down to get in.
The fan base is horrible, stadium likewise. They have improved facilities somewhat.

Maybe just maybe the problem is the people we have "approaching" the coaches and running the process.
They are incompetent and I'm sure that comes across when they try to "sell" this job.

Advertisement
**** them ..
(We did it ..).
We don't like them, they don't like us......

Translated, my client wants this job bad and I'm going to downplay it. Anyone who's ever been in a contract negotiation knows this.

"The Miami job elicits more polarizing views than almost any in Power 5. Coaches from Power 5 programs I talked with are split: some say it's still a great job, others have concerns about admin support and infrastructure. Two agents told me tonight that all things considered, UCF might be a better job than Miami." - Adam Rittenberg ESPN

It'll be interesting to see who is interested in the job and who is hired. I think this hire is the most important in our program's history. We can't absorb another crappy coach.

Advertisement
low pay, no fan support at games = empty stadium, dumb admin, and super high expectations. Who would think it was a great coaching gig?

it’s prestigious, and coaches up for the challenge then **** yeah, but it’s not an easy job by any means

Al golden and Randy Shannon both got similar or more time compared to Lane kiffin, Randy Edsall, Will Muschamp, Rich Rodriguez, Brady hoke, and Gene chizik. I fail to see one can conclude our expectations are much higher than any other P5 admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back