Just How Low Have We Fallen

CanesNation26

Sophomore
"The Miami job elicits more polarizing views than almost any in Power 5. Coaches from Power 5 programs I talked with are split: some say it's still a great job, others have concerns about admin support and infrastructure. Two agents told me tonight that all things considered, UCF might be a better job than Miami." - Adam Rittenberg ESPN

It'll be interesting to see who is interested in the job and who is hired. I think this hire is the most important in our program's history. We can't absorb another crappy coach.

Advertisement
Bull**** conclusion. I like it, though. Makes it more likely we "settle" for a guy like Butch Davis to stabilize the program. Build up the staff, the recruiting channels, and the buzz around the program.

Then these same people will be the ones writing articles about Miami's attractiveness. Always a step behind. Hope our BOT members aren't a step behind this time.

"The Miami job elicits more polarizing views than almost any in Power 5. Coaches from Power 5 programs I talked with are split: some say it's still a great job, others have concerns about admin support and infrastructure. Two agents told me tonight that all things considered, UCF might be a better job than Miami." - Adam Rittenberg ESPN

It'll be interesting to see who is interested in the job and who is hired. I think this hire is the most important in our program's history. We can't absorb another crappy coach.

When we fired Coker everyone we approached did not want to even talk about taking the job. Shannon saved the day. When he was fired the same thing, they settled on Golden. Don't expect national recognized coaching talents to be breaking the doors down to get in.
The fan base is horrible, stadium likewise. They have improved facilities somewhat.

This is all because of our wonderful BOTs and Admin. Apathetic and Cheap, let's make sure we continue this in the future.

We have the money, we just need to spend it.

Advertisement
I just stumbled upon this. We may have poor facilities, a bad location in terms of where the stadium is, and poor attendance at games, but worse than UCF? C'mon man. That's ludicrous. Coaches would kill to be so close to arguably the richest recruiting ground in America. Everybody knows winning solves the attendance issue, so win and the distance to games won't be a problem.

low pay, no fan support at games = empty stadium, dumb admin, and super high expectations. Who would think it was a great coaching gig?

it’s prestigious, and coaches up for the challenge then **** yeah, but it’s not an easy job by any means

USCalifornia is the only open job opportunity comparable to us right now. Possibly South Carolina too only because it's an SEC job.

Bull**** conclusion. I like it, though. Makes it more likely we "settle" for a guy like Butch Davis to stabilize the program. Build up the staff, the recruiting channels, and the buzz around the program.

Then these same people will be the ones writing articles about Miami's attractiveness. Always a step behind. Hope our BOT members aren't a step behind this time.

I agree with you about what Butch could do here but haven't we been hearing that Butch is not going to be considered?

Advertisement
I hope every candidate turns us down, except one. Butch Davis is the only answer.

If by bull**** conclusion you're referring to the last statement of the tweet then I agree with you. Miami is still, by far, a better coaching destination than UCF. But I think the allure and esteem of the Miami job has taken a huge, huge hit.

A lot of clowns who have never been to Miami. Chastise Miami for everything it's not and don't appreciate what it is. Last time I check, the game still comes down to players. We got those. UCF, really? Some of these so called sources are trolling

If by bull**** conclusion you're referring to the last statement of the tweet then I agree with you. Miami is still, by far, a better coaching destination than UCF. But I think the allure and esteem of the Miami job has taken a huge, huge hit.

I did. And, it's taken a huge hit as it should. We've sucked for more than a decade. If I'm a shrewd coach with a desire to prove myself - perhaps for personal reasons (Butch, Hue Jackson) or career trajectory (Herman, Fuente) - I'm going to ASK to be here so I can collect talent and "overcome" these challenges to shine very, very bright.

Advertisement

It has. But it is still Miami... Coaches know wtf is up.

The huge hit is the reputation for not spending on the program. The next coach needs to make it clear he needs money for assistants. No one on our staff were going anywhere under Shannon or Golden

The huge hit is the reputation for not spending on the program. The next coach needs to make it clear he needs money for assistants. No one on our staff were going anywhere under Shannon or Golden

Agree 100 percent on the head coach demanding money to pay assistants, I think that ultimately keeps a guy like Herman away from here. Pure speculation, but he's going to want (or other coaches) commitment from the BOT to designate a certain amount of money to assistants over his tenure, and I don't think we'll commit. Which makes our next guy's eye for coaching talent extremely important- par the course, he'll probably be working on an average budget.

Advertisement

Agree 100 percent on the head coach demanding money to pay assistants, I think that ultimately keeps a guy like Herman away from here. Pure speculation, but he's going to want (or other coaches) commitment from the BOT to designate a certain amount of money to assistants over his tenure, and I don't think we'll commit.
Then we will be stuck in the same crap. No more no names like Paul Williams and Brennan Carroll. And no ore friends deal like No D.

Meanwhile our estimated 2.5-3 million a year payout will spend as well as any other. Strange how money talks to the right folks - ie the motivated ones.

I did. And, it's taken a huge hit as it should. We've sucked for more than a decade. If I'm a shrewd coach with a desire to prove myself - perhaps for personal reasons (Butch, Hue Jackson) or career trajectory (Herman, Fuente) - I'm going to ASK to be here so I can collect talent and "overcome" these challenges to shine very, very bright.

Yeah I'm very, very intrigued by the Hue Jackson inquiry.

Advertisement
Back