Just Hear Me Out

Let's make this simple.

The Iron Arrow Mound is RIGHT NEXT TO the UM Bookstore and the Student Union. You can literally see the Iron Arrow Mound from inside the Bookstore. The wall with the Iron Arrow plaque is about 5 feet tall. It's right next to the gigantic U sculpture where everyone who goes to UM poses for a picture.

Are you saying you never bought books from UM before? Never taken a picture at the big U before? Never walked through the very center of campus before?

Surely you understand the difference between, say, sending us a picture of a degree (which can be found in Google images) and ACTUALLY KNOWING SOMETHING VERY SPECIFIC about your so-called alma mater? Right?

I'm not sure that you've provided any other details about UM that only a student would know. On the other hand, I can tell you that I lived in Eaton 206 for 3 years, and that my window was directly above the side entrance/exit that looks over at the Pool and the Student Union. And if you walked inside Eaton, I guarantee you that you could verify that in 60 seconds, and THAT is a fact that you wouldn't know unless you were actually inside the building. ****, I can also tell you that my phone number for three years was 305-284-2599. Sadly, that phone number has been reassigned to the Law School now that Eaton is unoccupied.

So...I don't know...if you've got something that specific, you might try again. But throwing out Andreu Swasey's name is not some proof. In fact, because you spelled his name wrong, it ALSO makes me question whether you actually knew the man.
Ah! Well I stayed in Eaton as well! My roommate was a music major. Don’t know what years you went, but there were a lot of music majors on my floor. Eaton was kind of known for this at the time. I only lived at Eaton for one semester since I transferred from an out of state school in Upstate NY. I lived off campus as soon as I was eligible since dorm life wasn’t really for me. The dorms at Eaton were a little dated. One bathroom was shared between two rooms, so 4 to a bathroom. Eaton was much smaller than the other 2 main dorm facilities. I want to say I was on the 2nd floor too, but I can’t remember if I’m being honest. The lake fountain was right near Eaton.

What years did you stay there?

Advertisement
It's fine, I've said just about all I intend to say. If the Mods want to give you another chance, that's up to them.

Just realize, because this is a free-of-charge Board, we get more than our fair share of imposters and frauds and trolls. Our primary defense is vigilance.

It should be the overall goal of the Board and the Mods to have a DECENT experience on CanesInsight, where people who do love UM and/or the UM sports teams can talk and debate and share information without feeling overhelmed by negativity because they share a positive story or an optimistic outlook about our program's future.

Speaking for myself only, I'm willing to give a lot of space to someone criticizing the performance of the sports teams, or players, or coaches. I have a shorter leash when it comes to criticism of UM's academics, which is an all-too-common target for people who are NOT UM alums or supporters.

That is all.
Fair enough. I mean I’d gladly pay the membership fee if it mattered to these mods and would benefit the forum.

So you still believe I’m USC19 or whoever you thought I was the first time?
No, you’re not him. There was an electronic match but It was a weaker one which is why I let you out. I still felt troll but I relented anyhow against the advice and opinion of others.

I still think troll, and at a minimum a headache where the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. We get those too.

That said, as a result of my previous role, I’m out of this case. It’s with other Maude’s and these guys in here.

Advertisement
Membership fee doesn’t matter. Keep it to the situation.
No, you’re not him. There was an electronic match but It was a weaker one which is why I let you out. I still felt troll but I relented anyhow against the advice and opinion of others.

I still think troll, and at a minimum a headache where the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. We get those too.

That said, as a result of my previous role, I’m out of this case. It’s with other Maude’s and these guys in here.
Okay, well thank you for confirming you don’t think I’m the USC guy anymore. I wasn’t sure if it was the issue or not and was probably giving me the biggest headache. I’ve been brought some degree of peace, at least.

Okay, well thank you for confirming you don’t think I’m the USC guy anymore. I wasn’t sure if it was the issue or not and was probably giving me the biggest headache. I’ve been brought some degree of peace, at least.
I don’t know man but you are a good arguer. I am out of this one but if you know @Atom Atlas and he has a way to confirm who you are who you say you are from state of the U, and you’re not a total mess over there either, then it should be communicated to the other Maude’s.

@Atom Atlas ’ word is good with me and other Maude’s involved.

Decisions on this rest with others here.

YES!! SBERG!?! Is that you!?!? Help me??!

Assuming you don’t hate me for something I did on SOTU. If that’s the case, disregard and sorry.
I don't hate anyone and have no reason to feel that way with you.... I can confirm that you've been online in forums for some time as I do remember you from time spent on SOTU... I've been reading the various posts both here and the original thread and honestly I can't offer anything due to no knowledge of my own of the campus... I've done work there but was never a student so I have very limited knowhow of how the place is laid out....
The mods here are generally very fair but in certain instances they will lash out....
Maybe try to just stay off the threads for a bit and just talk with a mod in DM if they let you and get it worked out.... Over explaining things tends to go further down the rabbit hole rather than hitting the mark intended... Not saying you're right or wrong , just saying scale back a bit and let the initial hit pass by ....

Advertisement
I don’t know man but you are a good arguer. I am out of this one but if you know @Atom Atlas and he has a way to confirm who you are who you say you are from state of the U, and you’re not a total mess over there either, then it should be communicated to the other Maude’s.

@Atom Atlas ’ word is good with me and other Maude’s involved.

Decisions on this rest with others here.
He was never a problem in a bad sense... Like most just opinionated and willing to carry on in discussions but nothing nasty or over bearing.... I think we've all seen what " bad " is on here.... As far as the subject matter at hand I just can't offer anything due to never being a student there...

I don't hate anyone and have no reason to feel that way with you.... I can confirm that you've been online in forums for some time as I do remember you from time spent on SOTU... I've been reading the various posts both here and the original thread and honestly I can't offer anything due to no knowledge of my own of the campus... I've done work there but was never a student so I have very limited knowhow of how the place is laid out....
The mods here are generally very fair but in certain instances they will lash out....
Maybe try to just stay off the threads for a bit and just talk with a mod in DM if they let you and get it worked out.... Over explaining things tends to go further down the rabbit hole rather than hitting the mark intended... Not saying you're right or wrong , just saying scale back a bit and let the initial hit pass by ....
Thanks for the tip buddy! And yeah SOTU is kinda dead these days and the new site platform is crappy. It’s why I created an account here. Needed a new place for Canes stuff and to share my drawn out opinions. Hope you’ve been doing alright!

Thanks for the tip buddy! And yeah SOTU is kinda dead these days and the new site platform is crappy. It’s why I created an account here. Needed a new place for Canes stuff and to share my drawn out opinions. Hope you’ve been doing alright!
I'm doing fine.... Hopefully you get this worked out....

It's fine, I've said just about all I intend to say. If the Mods want to give you another chance, that's up to them.

Just realize, because this is a free-of-charge Board, we get more than our fair share of imposters and frauds and trolls. Our primary defense is vigilance.

It should be the overall goal of the Board and the Mods to have a DECENT experience on CanesInsight, where people who do love UM and/or the UM sports teams can talk and debate and share information without feeling overhelmed by negativity because they share a positive story or an optimistic outlook about our program's future.

Speaking for myself only, I'm willing to give a lot of space to someone criticizing the performance of the sports teams, or players, or coaches. I have a shorter leash when it comes to criticism of UM's academics, which is an all-too-common target for people who are NOT UM alums or supporters.

That is all.
That U statue is comparatively new. But there used to a falafel food truck outside the bookstore.

Advertisement
Alright, tell Bigdaddy to have a little pride in his alma mater and...

4Hyrz8.gif

Advertisement
That U statue is comparatively new. But there used to a falafel food truck outside the bookstore.
I realized sometime yesterday that it’s literally impossible to prove I went to UM on a message board for several reasons:

1. I can provide as many details about the school as I’d like, but the problem there is anyone can Google anything or ask someone who did go to UM for information. A non-student who routinely visits the campus might also be able to provide specifics a typical student would know. While I think it’s unlikely someone would go this far to make up a fake story, it can certainly be done.

2. So much has changed at that place over the years, anyone with a 5-10 year attendance gap might have an entire different perception of what the campus looks like based on their experience. The Rat used to be indoors when I was attending UM, sort of near the center area where the book store is if I’m remembering it correctly. It’s outside now, right across the lake from Eaton near the relatively new student center. They probably built this new student center in 2014/2015ish. I’ve only been to the new Rat because I was visiting a friend who went back to Law School. The new med school building behind the Greentree practice fields down the road from the Wellness Center is also relatively new, oh and the Carol Sofer indoor practice facility + the brand new dorms. All this has been built over the last 8-9 years. Not a whole lot of time for so many new facilities when you think about it. They’re also about to build a new 100 million dollar football facility near the Wellness Center. Buildings just keep popping up.

3. You guys don’t know me or my actual name. I’m just a name on a screen. If I showed you my degree with my name on it, you could just say it’s fake even if it’s real. Part of me understands because theoretically, anyone can photo shop or edit something in the age of smartphones, however I’d argue an actual picture of the thing hanging from my wall with a subtle reflection of my head in the background would be tough to fake. My stupid head is basically like a seal on a $100 bill.

Anyways I think I’ve spent enough time pleading my case. I was thrown in here before because someone thought I was an old troll named USC19 or something, but we established I’m not that guy so was my first time in here really justified? That’s up to you guys to decide I suppose. I realize I can be a bit annoying and opinionated, but there’s no malicious intent behind it.

I realized sometime yesterday that it’s literally impossible to prove I went to UM on a message board for several reasons:

1. I can provide as many details about the school as I’d like, but the problem there is anyone can Google anything or ask someone who did go to UM for information. A non-student who routinely visits the campus might also be able to provide specifics a typical student would know. While I think it’s unlikely someone would go this far to make up a fake story, it can certainly be done.

2. So much has changed at that place over the years, anyone with a 5-10 year attendance gap might have an entire different perception of what the campus looks like based on their experience. The Rat used to be indoors when I was attending UM, sort of near the center area where the book store is if I’m remembering it correctly. It’s outside now, right across the lake from Eaton near the relatively new student center. They probably built this new student center in 2014/2015ish. I’ve only been to the new Rat because I was visiting a friend who went back to Law School. The new med school building behind the Greentree practice fields down the road from the Wellness Center is also relatively new, oh and the Carol Sofer indoor practice facility + the brand new dorms. All this has been built over the last 8-9 years. Not a whole lot of time for so many new facilities when you think about it. They’re also about to build a new 100 million dollar football facility near the Wellness Center. Buildings just keep popping up.

3. You guys don’t know me or my actual name. I’m just a name on a screen. If I showed you my degree with my name on it, you could just say it’s fake even if it’s real. Part of me understands because theoretically, anyone can photo shop or edit something in the age of smartphones, however I’d argue an actual picture of the thing hanging from my wall with a subtle reflection of my head in the background would be tough to fake. My stupid head is basically like a seal on a $100 bill.

Anyways I think I’ve spent enough time pleading my case. I was thrown in here before because someone thought I was an old troll named USC19 or something, but we established I’m not that guy so was my first time in here really justified? That’s up to you guys to decide I suppose. I realize I can be a bit annoying and opinionated, but there’s no malicious intent behind it.
What years did you attend?

2011-2015

Yes, under sufficient justification - the Mods here will leap at you - and I'm missing a big chunk out of my a . . . backside for crossing a line - very recently.

It's NEVER what you say - it's HOW you say it.

I deserved it - and so do you.

You get another chance - be like me. A . . . Backside-less, assymetrical - with a limp.

Advertisement
Back