Coaching Just Gonna Set This Here...

Advertisement
The most frustrating take I’ve been hearing from some people the last few days is, “It’s no big deal, everybody does it.” No, everyone doesn’t do this. If there’s a line, they crossed it about 10 miles back. As far as punishment goes, I think Harbaugh is a self-righteous prick, but if you punish the team this year that means the kids will have to suffer the brunt of it, and I don’t want that to happen.

The most frustrating take I’ve been hearing from some people the last few days is, “It’s no big deal, everybody does it.” No, everyone doesn’t do this. If there’s a line, they crossed it about 10 miles back. As far as punishment goes, I think Harbaugh is a self-righteous prick, but if you punish the team this year that means the kids will have to suffer the brunt of it, and I don’t want that to happen.
I think it’ll be an End of Year punishment, where Harbaugh leaves for the league, and UofM gets some lessened punishment

Advertisement
Gattis is a stain to the credibility of the Broyles award, make him vacate it
Stealing Mike D GIF by Beastie Boys

The thing is there doesn’t seem to be a clear definition of punishment for this type of behavior. So even if something severe gets thrown at them, they will likely get it reversed in some manner. Only path forward is to establish a clear definition of cheating and punishment for future.

Advertisement
The thing is there doesn’t seem to be a clear definition of punishment for this type of behavior. So even if something severe gets thrown at them, they will likely get it reversed in some manner. Only path forward is to establish a clear definition of cheating and punishment for future.
There’s gotta be some bylaw against cheating or “compromising the integrity of the game”. I’d imagine all parties involved get show clauses.

Harbaugh's punishment should be to hire Gattis back and let him run the O 100%.

Well... but everyone does it tho. Every big team with large supporting staffs does it and we have guys on here who have already confirmed that story on lower-tier football games. It happens at every level.

It's more frustrating to me that people are this upset at this. Like, no Clemson or Oklahoma fan should even begin to raise his voice here.

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. The good thing is the NCAA deals with it and the public evidence is so enormous, they're just figuring out how deep the hole actually gets within Michigan. Given that early talks are about Harbaugh getting potentially banned...

I mean, this could range from a big fine, to a coaching suspension, but the problem is, the university not only knew about it, they financed and encouraged it. They'll likely ban Michigan from Bowl Games and limit scholarships.

They won't impose the death penalty though. Michigan dies the moment they'll receive that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, the tricky thing here is it’s not just the NCAA they have to worry about. They’re notorious for dragging their feet anyways so their decision likely won’t come down until next year, but Michigan should be worried about what the Big Ten might do. On one hand they don’t want to punish a playoff caliber team from their conference, but if the rest of the Big Ten has their pitchforks out and want retribution it’s going to be a sticky situation.

Advertisement
Back