Just found out a coworker played for the Gators in 2000-2004...

Advertisement
Had to bring up Devin Hester returning that opening kickoff and the fight in New Orleans. He wasn't too pleased. GO CANES.
I was standing 150' away, (at most) when Blades Dotted Browns Eye...Then stood there with wifey as melee insued....Big Vince threw Gators around like WCW....Cops on Horseback came outta the Woodwork...LoL

I'm proud to admit I attended UF in G-ville from 97 to 2000 and swiftly flunked out due to a plethora of combos including alcohol, ******, chemical compounds, and Krispy Kreme donuts. I was a cane to the core throughout my brief adventure in turdville, but it didn't stop me from having a good time. Yes Gator fans can be obnoxious, but my in laws wear the label and my son just graduated UF. I'm in a precarious position. Hopefully Manny shocks the world and it will all be worth it.
On the Bright Side....Your only Half "The Ghey".....

I was standing 150' away, (at most) when Blades Dotted Browns Eye...Then stood there with wifey as melee insued....Big Vince threw Gators around like WCW....Cops on Horseback came outta the Woodwork...LoL
Amazing you were right there. That was a glorious week!

Amazing you were right there. That was a glorious week!
Not 5mins after this Pic was taken (Patty O'Brien's)

Advertisement
the hate for the gates around here is insane

for someone that grew up in the middle of florida, reading this place for years you'd never know it otherwise

the younger gator fans are fine that i've seen, they have no recollection of the powerhouse that miami was in the 80s and 90s. It's the older crowd that has done **** like order me to take my shirt off while grabbing my shirt at a bar near gainesville ( yes a female did this in here mid 40s ). For like 2 minutes solid she would not release it and it took her friend yelling at her to finally let it go.

working in st. augustine not too long ago with a younger gator, there was no hate just two florida teams.. that's all that mattered two FLORIDA teams. His mom found out I was a cane and I can't remember now what happened but he was awe struck at what she said.

I might have turned that guy into a cane, I know he was starting to watch our games when florida was getting worked 2 seasons back. I know he was warming up to it right before the va tech and notre dame games in 17

maybe i'll run into him again one day

Every Gator I have ever met has been a pompous *******. Not even exaggerating. Every single one of them will start talking about how Miami football is trash and that if they were in the ACC they would have won the Coastal year after year. Then they start spouting off about how Miami is for the kids that didn't go into UF. I then shut them up by questioning were they currently work, but the fact that they even bring that up is laughable.

I don't go around talking **** to FSU students faces about how much of a joke their academics are.

Advertisement
Good dude and gator don't go together in my book. He will reveal himself in due time. Now, I want you to go home this weekend read cane mutiny, watch the 30 for 30's, go on youtube and watch highsmith call Bosworth a *****, watch jerome come down the stairway in fatigues, and most importantly watch the gator flop.

You have strayed to far from your core values.

Plus watch Swamp People non stop for 48 hours to refresh ways to properly handle a gator.

My Ex Father in law played football for the gators and his father was an administrator for UF. We had to drive to Gainesville every Thanksgiving every year for their family get togethers. I always wore my Miami gear. Back in the 80s when Miami was killing everybody. Always had to rub it in.

My grandfather and both parents went to UF, grandfather was and parents are Bull Gators. I went my own way at an early age (thank you, Ron Frasier and football team wearing fatigues)!

Indirectly UF allowed me to attend Miami. Past Miami/Florida games have almost cost me my relationship with my Dad! We both are relentless with each other.

Advertisement
Back