Just a quick refresher on how crazy recruiting can be

accomadus

Junior
Please recall that our beloved freshman CB, Artie Burns was once an Alabama commit.

He grew up an FSU fan, almost committed to FSU, committed to Bama, and ended up a Miami Hurricane.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. That's what Golden would say, I'm sure

He's moved UM up to No. 2 on his list of favorites.

"Miami is still in the picture," Burns said. "I'll be attending one of their scrimmages and I've been to Miami a couple of times.

"Miami's been recruiting me hard. I've talked to all the coaches. They tell me they really want me down here. I'm high on their board - they say they want me to come to the University of Miami."

The bad news for the Canes: Burns says he plans to decommit from Alabama to Florida State.

"Right now it's Florida State No. 1, then Miami," Burns said. "I'm still committed to Alabama, but I'm going to decommit from Alabama and go to Florida State - it probably will be during the spring that I do that. I'm going to sit down and talk to my head coach - he wants to talk to me to see if I really, really want to go there."

Regardless, Burns says UM has jumped ahead of the Crimson Tide.

Asked what UM can do to try and pull even with the Seminoles, Burns said, "There's nothing they can really do. It'll just be what I want to do."

Burns says what's drawing him to FSU is "Growing up I just always had a dream of playing for FSU. That gave them an extra boost. My family was UM fans, but I always liked the FSU players, the colors and the chant."

There's local pressure for him to stay close to home, of course.

"People are saying stay closer to home, you don't have to go away, you have family right here, local support and everything is basically here," Burns said.

Of how he views his recruitment so far, Burns said, "It may seem like it's gone crazy, but I'm handling it well."

Advertisement
If Al flips any of the big guys this cycle after a 9+ win season ill crown him. Getting Artie to flip, pulling Coley late when it looked bleak was great, but in the recruiting game, it's all about what have you done for me lately.

Personally I like what he's done lately pulling Thomas and Bethel. Kind of understand the other side of it though, would sure be nice to pull one more elite player for '14.

Good point.

Similarly, it'll be great to have 6'7 WR-Griffin begin and his college career at UM.

Advertisement
That's really crazy cuz in his commitment video he says he gave up his dream of playing for LSU to play for the Canes and the only hats he had was LSU and the U

That's really crazy cuz in his commitment video he says he gave up his dream of playing for LSU to play for the Canes and the only hats he had was LSU and the U

I was just going to post this.

I had never read that article. Pretty crazy.

I feel like every year, under Al, we're going to land at least one WTF-DID-THAT-COME-FROM stud. I just hope this year that it's Cook or another DT.

Advertisement

Im pretty sure FSUs hat was on the table, and he did say LSU was his dream so who knows.

At one time Keith Bryant, Levonte Whitfield, Alex Collins, Jayron Kearse, Travis Johnson, Jeremy Kerr, Teddy Bridgewater, Eli Rogers, Trent Taylor, Louis Nix, Marcus Jackson etc...were Miami commits.

Reuben Foster had an Auburn tatoo, and Marlon Lane had a Clemson tatoo.

Dallas Crawford was committed to Michigan, Antonio Crawford was committed to GT, Artie to Bama, Bunche to Rutgers IIRC, Asante to Washington State.

Craig Loston was committed to LSU, Dante Fowler to FSU, Yeldon to Aub, Ricardo Louis to Aub then FSU then back to Aub, Skai Moore Rutgers to South Carolina, Robert nkidemche Clemson to Ole Miss.

At one time Keith Bryant, Levonte Whitfield, Alex Collins, Jayron Kearse, Travis Johnson, Jeremy Kerr, Teddy Bridgewater, Eli Rogers, Trent Taylor, Louis Nix, Marcus Jackson etc...were Miami commits.

Reuben Foster had an Auburn tatoo, and Marlon Lane had a Clemson tatoo.

Dallas Crawford was committed to Michigan, Antonio Crawford was committed to GT, Artie to Bama, Bunche to Rutgers IIRC, Asante to Washington State.

Craig Loston was committed to LSU, Dante Fowler to FSU, Yeldon to Aub, Ricardo Louis to Aub then FSU then back to Aub, Skai Moore Rutgers to South Carolina, Robert nkidemche Clemson to Ole Miss.

seems like a bunch of random info that we already know

Advertisement
This is the reason I don't understand why so many people think there not a good chance we get Cook. The only issue with Cook for the moment being is getting him on campus, which 1) he will be a lot supporting his brother and 2) he is looking to give us an official visit.

Granted getting him on campus is difficult already but I'm sure the staff along with the two teammates in his ear can do it.

what I hate is i transitioned in to this recruiting cycle from last years without a full season of football in the middle.

Couldn't have even imagined if both Coley and Burns went to FSU. Glad they stayed home to rep their city!

Advertisement
Is Artie the kid that was going to visit LSU and the whole staff went to the airport of something to see him? I remember something like that last year.

The takeaway in all of this is that Artie Burns is clearly a mentally unstable lunatic.

Advertisement
Back