Junior Day Updates

Advertisement
Kids are already showing up per Ivins. It was supposed to start around now

Might wanna head to 247 if you want updates. Gonna be tough for insight to cover the 7v7 tourney and junior day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My first Junior day where I hope we don't get any commitments, Lol. Let these kids go on numerous visits, chase a bag or two, etc...but I wouldn't be in a rush for these guys to commit this early.
We need to flip the script on the higher star kids around here....

Sounds like boxes that need checked in order to commit are parent has to be present, have to have previously camped or visited Miami . Not sure if any others

Advertisement
January commitments = Monopoly money.

Wouldn't take a single commit from anybody until September.

Agree to the sentiment. But I’d pull that forward to April now that early signing is so big a deal. Also I stick by the truism that a local kid who doesn’t commit by September is 9 out of 10 times not coming. The perfect commit period for me is between May and August. Jan is way too early though.

How do you say no if a top talent says he wants in at this point?

Advertisement
Agree to the sentiment. But I’d pull that forward to April now that early signing is so big a deal. Also I stick by the truism that a local kid who doesn’t commit by September is 9 out of 10 times not coming. The perfect commit period for me is between May and August. Jan is way too early though.

How do you say no if a top talent says he wants in at this point?
You just say no.

Any kid that commits to Miami early is on decommit watch the second they make the announcement.

For this class in particular I think we should go late on everybody, because over the past 4 years all we've done is get early commits then have to hang on for dear life, then once the season rolls around & we start losing to teams we have no business we end up losing a bunch of prospects & remain the laughing stock on the recruiting trail.

We should win games first & show on the field that we're not a joke & that we can actually win. It gives us a stronger product to sell, at this point it's just all hype hopes & dreams, we should let the kids do what they do, not accept any early commits, win as many games as possible then when crootin' season comes around give them something to really think about IF we're actually having a good season.

It honestly doesn't matter when you recruit players, if you're winning & showing on the field what you are you can show up as late as you want & they'll hop on the bandwagon.

Taking early commits only puts pressure on the player to wanna decommit after they start taking visits elsewhere, so let them visit everywhere else as much as possible, don't bring them on campus all the time, just fall back & focus on winning. If we win trust me, they'll all come running to wanna join us.

You just say no.

Any kid that commits to Miami early is on decommit watch the second they make the announcement.

For this class in particular I think we should go late on everybody, because over the past 4 years all we've done is get early commits then have to hang on for dear life, then once the season rolls around & we start losing to teams we have no business we end up losing a bunch of prospects & remain the laughing stock on the recruiting trail.

We should win games first & show on the field that we're not a joke & that we can actually win. It gives us a stronger product to sell, at this point it's just all hype hopes & dreams, we should let the kids do what they do, not accept any early commits, win as many games as possible then when crootin' season comes around give them something to really think about IF we're actually having a good season.

It honestly doesn't matter when you recruit players, if you're winning & showing on the field what you are you can show up as late as you want & they'll hop on the bandwagon.

Taking early commits only puts pressure on the player to wanna decommit after they start taking visits elsewhere, so let them visit everywhere else as much as possible, don't bring them on campus all the time, just fall back & focus on winning. If we win trust me, they'll all come running to wanna join us.

Real talk. The early commitments usually turn out to be placeholders while the kids wait on offers from OSU, Clemson and the SEC. ****, most of the kids even admit it. "Yes, I'm committed but my recruitment is still open and I'm still gonna take visits."

You just say no.

No, you don't just say no. That is just bull**** posturing. I understand the decommits and the basic stupidity of this, but you can't say no to the elite kids now.

So many of these recruits talk about the "early love" and that may be bull**** in the end, but they will absolutely remember the school that wouldn't even take their commitment, and other schools will use that to negatively recruit.

It is a stupid game, but you have to play the game. Even when it is often a waste of time. Some schools can really be picky and put the onus on the recruit (see Clemson right now, and Alabama over the last few years). Miami is in a position where we have to prove it to recruits, not the other way around.

Last edited:
No, you don't just say no. That is just bull**** posturing. I understand the decommits and the basic stupidity of this, but you can't say no to the elite kids now.

So many of these recruits take about the "early love" and that may be bull**** in the end, but they will absolutely remember the school that wouldn't even take their commitment, and other schools will use that to negatively recruit.

It is a stupid game, but you have to play the game. Even when it is often a waste of time. Some schools can really be picky and put the onus on the recruit (see Clemson right now, and Alabama over the last few years). Miami is in a position where we have to prove it to recruits, not the other way around.
If an elite kid commits to Miami early, he's going to decommit 100%, so it honestly doesn't matter anyway.

But if you guys wanna keep doing the same thing & expecting different results be my guest lol.

Advertisement
Back