Junior Day Surprised Bates

Advertisement
Size? Speed? Anything quantifiable on this guy?

Listed at 6'3 218
http://247sports.com/Player/Dillon-Bates-22535

This guy is the prototype for what an elite HS LB prospect looks like IMO. Supposedly he won MVP at the Army Combine a couple weeks ago.

This guy looks like a young Urlacher to me. Big yet fluid

I'm really impressed by him and would love if we could get him to the U

U think he'd be a better SAM or MIKE?

I think he has the full range of skills to succeed at any of the 3 LB spots honestly. But, due to his coverage ability, I'd say he may be best suited for MIKE or WILL.

Honestly though, with a prospect like him, I think he could do well at any spot so where he ends up lining up may be determined by who he is playing with and which spots they are best suited for.

Advertisement
Sadly this guy is all Tennessee....next.

Wow! This is how easily you give up on elite talent? I am glad you're just a poster on a message board.

He's a tennessee legacy....don't get your hopes up.
The kid came to campus on his own which means there is some interest on his part. You never know until you try. Even if you are right about his level of interest in Tennessee, they may have NCAA violation by then or some other problem so why don't you want the kid to have another choice? Inferiority complex at its finest.

Wow! This is how easily you give up on elite talent? I am glad you're just a poster on a message board.

The kid came to campus on his own which means there is some interest on his part. You never know until you try. Even if you are right about his level of interest in Tennessee, they may have NCAA violation by then or some other problem so why don't you want the kid to have another choice? Inferiority complex at its finest.

You pick your battles in recruiting. There is a huge difference between realism and inferiority complex. No problem with him coming down. But last I checked Chick took lots of visits and went to UF on his own dime several times. Like I said, don't get your hopes up.

How about we mark this down and we can revisit it...

Last edited by a moderator:

You pick your battles in recruiting. There is a huge difference between realism and inferiority complex. No problem with him coming down. But last I checked Chick took lots of visits and went to UF on his own dime several times. Like I said, don't get your hopes up.

How about we mark this down and we can revisit it...so you can see what a ****** you really are.

Seriously? Posters like you should be banned hiding behind keyboard and insulting people they don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ dont get your hopes up foreal.

Will be an uphill battle to get him. He's from Jax, and his dad is a bigtime Tenn Volunteer guy.

Al/Jimmy would hve to be all over Bill Bates and we better be making some big waves oty capture him for next yr...love his skill set though.

Advertisement

Will be an uphill battle to get him. He's from Jax, and his dad is a bigtime Tenn Volunteer guy.

Al/Jimmy would hve to be all over Bill Bates and we better be making some big waves oty capture him for next yr...love his skill set though.

I am not getting my hopes up and I don't get fixated on one two recruits. All I was saying if you don't try you won't have a chance. He may well end up there. That doesn't mean AG shouldn't try hard to get him. That's all I was saying.

Hey hey now...settle down before Southcane starts calling you out for having an inferiority complex (even though you are simply pointing out the reality of the situation)

Hey hey now...settle down before Southcane starts calling you out for having an inferiority complex (even though you are simply pointing out the reality of the situation)

Doesn't mean you don't recruit him. By your thinking, we lose AQM to Rutgers because he was considered a ND lean the entire time. Something could happen with Bates and Tennessee. Luck favors the prepared man.

Advertisement

Doesn't mean you don't recruit him. By your thinking, we lose AQM to Rutgers because he was considered a ND lean the entire time. Something could happen with Bates and Tennessee. Luck favors the prepared man.

Pointing out he is a legacy to Tennessee and already a heavy lean to them is in no way the same as AQM. No problem bringing him down. Kids a beast no doubt....that all said, don't get your hopes up. Not sure what the problem is here.

Advertisement

Pointing out he is a legacy to Tennessee and already a heavy lean to them is in no way the same as AQM. No problem bringing him down. Kids a beast no doubt....that all said, don't get your hopes up. Not sure what the problem is here.

You said "All Tennessee...next" which implies that we should just move in a different direction.

And yes, with Bates being a legacy, it is different than AQM, but that doesn't say anything of the fact that AQM was once a silent to ND but we never stopped recruiting him. Circumstances could arise so you continue to recruit guys that you really like. Maybe you don't put the full court press for a kid who seems destined to go elsewhere, but you certainly keep the lines of communication open.

You said "All Tennessee...next" which implies that we should just move in a different direction.

And yes, with Bates being a legacy, it is different than AQM, but that doesn't say anything of the fact that AQM was once a silent to ND but we never stopped recruiting him. Circumstances could arise so you continue to recruit guys that you really like. Maybe you don't put the full court press for a kid who seems destined to go elsewhere, but you certainly keep the lines of communication open.

That's fair....but just adding, his dad is in the Tennesee hall of fame. Imagine how we'd react if some school was talking about one of our stud legacies. We'd be mocking them all over this board and probably trolling them on theirs.

It's pretty obvious that the problem was the way you went about communicating your thoughts (which were totally legit once you actually got them out there)

I stopped reading when I got to "Ponte Vedra High School." You know what they say, "Fool me 17 times, won't get fooled again..."

Advertisement
Back