Visits Junior Day 2023 March 4

I know yall will say its the record 5-7 and all that but texas a&m had the best class in history with a trash record otherwise recruiters recruit
TAMU went 8-4, including knocking off Bama. We went 5-7, including blowout home losses to MTSU, Duke, and our rival FSU. I hope you aren’t trying to compare the 2 seasons and said we should have expected TAMU results after the season we just had?

Advertisement
TAMU went 8-4, including knocking off Bama. We went 5-7, including blowout home losses to MTSU, Duke, and our rival FSU. I hope you aren’t trying to compare the 2 seasons and said we should have expected TAMU results after the season we just had?

It doesn’t matter does it. All that does matter is if 5-7 hurts us for one year or FOUR. They need to cut the excuses and go pull a top 3 class whatever it takes. More NIL whatever it takes just get that **** done

Ohboy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

Our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz so maybe we pulled back on the nil

I know yall will say its the record 5-7 and all that but texas a&m had the best class in history with a trash record otherwise recruiters recruit

Ok. So you think the issue is that Ruiz got pulled into the principals office over NIL.

What do you suggest Miami does?

He doesn't really believe that because it's not true, he's full of ****, and he's conjecturing that one of our biggest boosters is scaling back NIL despite that same booster saying the opposite.

It was reported the NCAA interviewed John Ruiz back around June 14, 2022 (Link). Here's the list of UM commits who committed afterwards:

Emory Williams 6/20/22
Nathaniel Joseph 6/28/22
Robert Stafford 6/30/22
Riley Williams 7/1/22
Antoine Jackson 7/2/22
Francis Mauigoa 7/4/22
Jaden Wayne 7/9/22
Malik Bryant 7/27/22
Tommie Kinsler 7/28/22
Kaleb Spencer 10/28/22
Raul Aguirre 11/5/22
Collins Acheampong 11/29/22
Marcellius Pulliam 12/3/22
Josh Horton 12/4/22
Chris Johnson 12/11/22
Rueben Bain 12/13/22
Samson Okunlola 12/15/22
Mark Fletcher 12/18/22
Damari Brown 12/21/22
Dylan Joyce 12/21/22

Advertisement
Our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz so maybe we pulled back on the nil

I'm sorry, this isn't the stupidest thing I've read on this site. I know you keep trying and I hope one day you succeed.

I know it's a pretty high bar but I believe in you.

I'm sorry, this isn't the stupidest thing I've read on this site. I know you keep trying and I hope one day you succeed.

I know it's a pretty high bar but I believe in you.

Whats our recruiting ranking for 2024 and how many blue chip players we have committed. Ill wait

Pay more nil. Be the best offer. Go offer every 5 star kid more money than anyone else. Pull 7-10 of them and land a top ranked class by shelling out.

Ok. I agree with this approach.

How do you suggest we organize as a fan base?

Asking others to spend their money is pretty easy to do, so let’s think about how we could put our $ where our desires are.

We both want a Top 3 class and are willing to engage in NIL opportunities for the players. Let’s see if we can get something moving in this thread.

Advertisement

Our recruiting did dry up for a bit during the season where we kept hearing about the monster wave coming then a few weeks before ESD we turned up the heat again with Bain,Pancake,Brown and Fletcher.After that for some reason it got really cold and we lost out on just about every recruit we were after.

Our recruiting did dry up for a bit during the season where we kept hearing about the monster wave coming then a few weeks before ESD we turned up the heat again with Bain,Pancake,Brown and Fletcher.After that for some reason it got really cold and we lost out on just about every recruit we were after.
It seems to me most kids are committing in the summer months (June/July) before their senior season, or in November/December when their seasons end. Some kids commit earlier and some in between, but since ESD became a thing those 4 months are the money months for commitments.

What most definitely did NOT happen last year is some fake "drop" in commitments after BS NCAA interviews of Ruiz and others at UM caused some alleged decrease in NIL. That's pure horse **** and anyone saying that is an enemy of this U or an imbecile (or both). The overwhelming majority of the class committed AFTER those BS interviews.

It seems to me most kids are committing in the summer months (June/July) before their senior season, or in November/December when their seasons end. Some kids commit earlier and some in between, but since ESD became a thing those 4 months are the money months for commitments.

What most definitely did NOT happen last year is some fake "drop" in commitments after BS NCAA interviews of Ruiz and others at UM caused some alleged decrease in NIL. That's pure horse **** and anyone saying that is an enemy of this U or an imbecile (or both). The overwhelming majority of the class committed AFTER those BS interviews.
Yea, we got 3 of our highest rated players the days leading up to ESD.

People act like the 2023 cycle was smooth sailing and all the recruits were on board at the start. I just looked up the dates of the 2023 board threads I created, all were started in late June/July. I created the boards because we had no visibility to what was going on and it looked like nothing was happening. At this point last year, Mario was just starting to build relationships. This year, he's built relationships, look at the net that has been cast this year versus last year. Probably offers to 5-6x more kids at this point.

The crazy thing is after the 2023 boards were created, kids started committing out of nowhere who we weren't tracking. This is just now Mario rolls with recruiting (and coaching for that matter). Seems like nothing is happening, and then all of a sudden, everything happened and you didn't see any of it coming.

Advertisement
and BTW, read some of the threads with MULTIPLE kids making their SECOND visit to Miami in March on their own dimes. You don't have to be a recruiting expert to see a pattern emerging here and this is what we missed last year cause we weren't tracking it close enough.

So smith was supposed to be here and cancelled for fspoo. And then trader just decided to go there instead of us.
I remember folk here weren't too worried when Hykeem skipped our Junior Day and went up to the Noles Junior day. Don't worry they said, he's just having a good time and its a dumpster fire up there.

This scenario is starting out eerily similar. Mario better break this pattern and with a quickness for the Chaminde duo.

I remember folk here weren't too worried when Hykeem skipped our Junior Day and went up to the Noles Junior day. Don't worry they said, he's just having a good time and its a dumpster fire up there.

This scenario is starting out eerily similar. Mario better break this pattern and with a quickness for the Chaminde duo.
need to hire a WR coach....... And it needs to be a stellar hire.

Advertisement
@DMoney breaks down high priority targets that are visiting on Junior Day

Added links to the names on D$ list

Elijah Rushing, DE, Tuscon, AZ, Five Star
David Stone, DT, IMG via Oklahoma City, Five Star
Air Noland, QB, Atlanta, Four Star
Chance Robinson, WR, St. Thomas Aquinas, Four Star
Aydin Breeland, DL, Mater Dei, CA, Four Star
Daniel Cruz, OL, Richland, TX, Four Star
Kendall Jackson, DL, Gainesville, Three Star
Chalil Cummins, S, Starke, FL, Three Star'
Juan Minaya, OL, Paramus, NJ, unranked
Daylen Russell, DL, Miami Columbus, unranked
Chris Wheatley-Humphrey, Dillard, unranked

"As 247Sports reported earlier this month, Fairburn (Ga.) Langston Hughes Top247 quarterback Prentiss Air Noland plans to take spring visits to Miami and Ohio State.

The trip to Coral Gables has been moved from the first weekend in March to the 23rd and 24th. The itinerary to see Ohio State remains the same, March 31-April 1.

Beyond those trips, Noland tells 247Sports he has locked in several more dates. He'll be at Clemson March 10-11, Arkansas March 13-14, back to Texas A&M March 27-28, a return to Alabama April 3-4 and to Purdue on April 6.

Noland tells 247Sports he'd like to make a visit following this wave of visits."

Advertisement
Back