June 9th Al Golden Camp Full Report

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**The news of the day from today's camp was Santaluces WR Darrell Langham committing to the 'Canes. He pulled the trigger during the lunch break and Coach Golden, Carroll, and Coley were all with the family congratulating them and welcoming them to the family. Langham was the first prospect I noticed from a physical standpoint at the camp. He is a legitimate 6'5" with long arms and doesn't look like he needs to put much weight on, which is rare for such a tall, rangy receiver his age. From what I saw, he has very strong hands as well. He left after the first part of the camp, so unfortunately we couldn't see him in the one-on-ones portion of camp.

**2015 Westminster TE Devonaire Scott (6'5", 210) sat out the first part of camp, but suited up for the second half. I've seen him multiple times now and he passes the eye-test, but I really want to see him continue to progress as a pass-catcher. His hands are inconsistent and is not very natural. He will be a huge recruit if he continues to work.

**Maybe the most impressive prospect in my eyes was 2016 University School WR Sam Bruce, who was offered by the 'Canes today. Bruce is the nephew of former St. Louis Rams great, Isaac Bruce. Bruce stands at 5'8", 175 and runs flawless routes. He is the ideal slot receiver and made opposing DBs look silly at times. He is 100% the real deal.

**2015 Central WR Da'Vante Phillips continues to show why he may be the top receiver in his class. He is an extremely smooth route-runner and catches the ball with his hands. He reminds me of Justin Blackmon. Word around camp is that Phillips is leaning towards the 'Canes and there were even rumors of a commitment.

**2015 Frostproof LB Cecil Cherry is a prospect with legitimate interest in the 'Canes. He is one of the most physically impressive linebackers you will see, and he is still two years away from graduating. Mike Barrow was working with him a lot today.

**2015 St. Peter's Prep (NJ) QB Brandon Wimbush was competing today and had as much arm talent as any of the quarterbacks that have been out there the last few weeks. He was inconsistent with accuracy, but his arm and athletic ability are very intriguing. Coach Coley was showing him a lot of attention.

**2015 Don Bosco (NJ) OL Kevin Feder is a massive prospect at 6'9". He was competing both days this weekend. He is raw, but shows flashes of being a top prospect.

**2015 Cardinal Gibbons Safety Joe Gibbons is a name to watch. 6'1", 192 and runs in the 4.5s. Could easily become a linebacker if he keeps growing as well.

**Fort Pierce Central LB Sharieff Rhaheed Muhammad was watching the camp, he is currently committed to LSU. He had a cast on his arm.

**Tyre Brady, Chris Lammons, and Nigel Patten were all watching on today at camp. Brady and Lammons spent a lot of time with Deon Bush, who knows Brady very well from their time together at Columbus.

**Hialeah's A'lique Terry won OL MVP yesterday and was watching today.

**Norland WR Kendrick Edwards was there, but not competing.

**For the 2nd straight day, Miami Northwestern DC Luther Campbell was at camp and he was welcomed by the staff with open arms. James Coley and him shared an embrace and then Golden. Any possible issues between him and the staff looks to have been cleared up.

Advertisement
I like what you wrote about Phillips, btw, what'd you hear about that rumored 2016 commit

Advertisement
With the addition of Langham if we could just add Lane, Dixon, Brady and/or Edwards that would be BIG..

Advertisement
Does anyone know Langham's grades/academic situation. I really, really liked his film.

Advertisement
Give us something on Khairi Clark! Whre is his head at re the U? We can miss on a receiver, but not the top ranked DT in our backyard! So happy to see Valentine keeps showing up, we need him baaaadddd!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back