June 7th Camp Updates?????

91.jpg

Pretty awesome the kids get to do that..

Very smart move by the staff to have the kids run through the smoke!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure where it went, but I mentioned in that thread that 2015 ATH Wilbur Cooper Jr. was attending the camp today.

Cooper said on Twitter that he was told he ran a handheld 4.29 40, which was the second best time posted at the camp. He suffered a serious knee injury as a sophomore, but that's a **** of a time. Has offers from Kent State and Ball State.

Cooper posted the following workout numbers at an Ignite Showcase event earlier this year:

4.34 forty-yard dash (handheld)
6.78 3-cone
4.22 short shuttle
22.04 8 lb med ball press
9.06 broad jump

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/wilbur-cooper-auburndale-rb-still-under-warps/

He is getting his speed back because in Feb this year at the Nike Miami Sparq event he ran a laser timed 4.55 sec 40 yd dash which tied for 3rd best at the camp. So based on the Al Golden camp times from today Wilbur Cooper could be a low 4.4 laser timed guy which is pretty **** fast considering his injury.

Miami NFTC results
http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2014/02/09/miami-nike-combine-recap/

Thanks for sharing this kid sounds like a break away threat sleeper type back.

His highlights show good open field but elite speed at that point but he seems to getting faster, so watching his senior year performance as well as his durability throughout the season could be a key part of his evaluation.

2015 RB Wilbur Cooper
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2160140/highlights/102717376

Here is Tampa Bay Area news video interview with him covering his recovery.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2014/1/14/wilbur_cooper_jr_pro.html

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure where it went, but I mentioned in that thread that 2015 ATH Wilbur Cooper Jr. was attending the camp today.

Cooper said on Twitter that he was told he ran a handheld 4.29 40, which was the second best time posted at the camp. He suffered a serious knee injury as a sophomore, but that's a **** of a time. Has offers from Kent State and Ball State.

Cooper posted the following workout numbers at an Ignite Showcase event earlier this year:

6.78 3-cone
4.22 short shuttle
9.06 broad jump

No more willie coopers...anyone remember when he took a pick 6 against Duke and he pulled something and fell inside the 20? I had Miami in a teaser that day and would have covered if he scored. **** him eternally.

6.78 3-cone
4.22 short shuttle
9.06 broad jump

No more willie coopers...anyone remember when he took a pick 6 against Duke and he pulled something and fell inside the 20? I had Miami in a teaser that day and would have covered if he scored. **** him eternally.

LMAO

Advertisement
91.jpg

Pretty awesome the kids get to do that..

Very smart move by the staff to have the kids run through the smoke!!!

Don't like it. That's reserved for Canes. A feeling that should only come from actual physical, mental, and spiritual commitment to the program.

:rollcanes:

Not surprised to see you laughing at all.

I can see where you are both coming from. i think its a good idea, however if they had this camp when i was younger (and i actually played football) i would chose not to run thru it, kinda going to what DHucks was saying. I wouldnt want my only time running thru the smoke, to be a time i was a jit at a camp. I would want it to have some meaning behind it, and would only run thru it if i were in uniform as a miami hurricane. idk if it would feel right any other way, id be like fools gold idk. but thats just me, still think its a good idea.

I think we should be all over 2019 RB Shannardo Houston. He had the best scores among 7th and 8th graders and, besides, his name reminds me f that movie classic, my all time favorite, Sharknado.

Has he named any favorites?

Advertisement
I really like the interaction and use of the tunnel and smoke

I see the appeal and understand what he is trying to convey, but Al being the used car sales manager, that's like dropping the price for no reason. Keep the value high through your pitch, don't devalue your product. The Smoke is a BIG deal. Not something that any old player should be able to experience.

I see the appeal and understand what he is trying to convey, but Al being the used car sales manager, that's like dropping the price for no reason. Keep the value high through your pitch, don't devalue your product. The Smoke is a BIG deal. Not something that any old player should be able to experience.

AG is desperate , he would give out free mouth hugs if that would get them to committ

I hear you I am at a point where it's almost like whatever it takes

Does Clemson allow recruits to experience the walk

Advertisement

I hear you I am at a point where it's almost like whatever it takes

Does Clemson allow recruits to experience the walk

Yes, Clemson allows that.

I see both sides of the Smoke thing. But since it is Al's fault every time a So Fl kid commits elsewhere, I don't think we can nail him for pulling out all the plugs. Could impact some kids. Would you want to run through the smoke and be the center of attention or watch some stupid horse run down the field and take a dump?

Advertisement
Back