Jun 5 vs USF (NCAAR) 6:30 ESPN3

This team is too defensive at the plate. Take way too many strikes early in the count. It makes no sense to me. You're not getting a better pitch to hit when you let the 1-1 or 2-1 pitch go for a strike.

My philosophy is swing at pitches in the strike zone early. I don't care if they're fastballs or off speed pitches. Hit within the zone. I'd rather have 3 swings to time up pitches than taking 2 strikes and swinging at garbage pitxhes off the plate.

Their philosophy of tsking pitxhes works against mediocre pitchers who can't find the strike zone, but doesn't cut it against ACC and NCAA tournament teams.
And more than 1 player has this approach. Has to be addressed for next season.

Advertisement
You can change the philosophy all you want, but that will also require changing the approach to recruiting. You can't keep getting Perfect Game 9.5 swag south Florida guys and then expect them to turn into team players.

I haven't been following the regionals, but do both South Alabama and USF have a pitching roster filled with future Cy Young winners? Why are we having so much trouble scoring runs?

When we swing we try to hit every ball over the lights. Opposing pitchers who are able to command two or three pitches can work around this approach pretty easily.

Advertisement
You can change the philosophy all you want, but that will also require changing the approach to recruiting. You can't keep getting Perfect Game 9.5 swag south Florida guys and then expect them to turn into team players.
I’ve been saying it’s time to look more nationally. Midwest and other southern states

Advertisement
I’ve been saying it’s time to look more nationally. Midwest and other southern states
Yup. Me and Aquinas have talked about this a lot this year. New Jersey and the north east in general develop good solid baseball players year in and year out

Advertisement
I'm on ESPN3 and it's not there. Ditto for ACCn and ACCNx. What gives? I can watch every game game in the country except the Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back