Jumped by Iowa St in the Rankings

The Chair of the CFP just said the reason they’re #9 is they beat Oklahoma, they’re 1st in their conference, and they played this past weekend and beat Texas.

Advertisement
Duke is our regular season final game
1606873540204.gif

Really don’t understand why u guys get so worked up about rankings that don’t matter. We’re not in the top 4 and can’t get there without the most unlikely **** of all time happening.

We are in the top 12, which is pretty much where you have to be to get a NY6 game. We’re gonna cry about #9 or #10?

And truthfully, I could easily make the argument that Iowa State’s resume is better than ours. Yes, they’ve lost twice to our once. And ours is to the #1 team. But our best win is vs NC State, who is somehow 7-3. Other than that, UAB is the only team we’ve beaten with a winning record. Louisville, FSU, VT, UVA and Pitt are a combined 18-27 and one have a winning record.

Iowa State has beaten some bad teams too (5 wins vs teams .500 or worse) but their wins vs OU and Texas are better than any win we have. And their losses are both to ranked teams. It’s splitting hairs but nobody that’s not biased would be up in arms about them 1 spot ahead of us. Not having played in 3 weeks and winning our last 3 games against bad teams by a combined 9 points isn’t helping much. Go beat the dog**** out of Duke and UNC and we’ll be ranked just how we should be.
Iowa state should have jumped Georgia too based on their quality wins. Georgia has beat nobody with a winning record except Auburn. I would be ok with Iowa state at 8 over miami but uga makes no sense and just confirms the sec bias.

Iowa state should have jumped Georgia too based on their quality wins. Georgia has beat nobody with a winning record except Auburn. I would be ok with Iowa state at 8 over miami but uga makes no sense and just confirms the sec bias.

Agree UGA at #8 is too high for them. They have 0 top 25 wins like us and got smoked against both of the good teams they played.

Advertisement
When the dust settles and Miami is sitting there at 10-1, fresh off 3 consecutive blowout wins, with their lone loss occurring 2+ months ago, there will be some Miami CFP talk nationally.

Here is all that must happen:

Dec. 5
Miami dominates Duke
Auburn beats aTm

Dec. 12
Miami dominates UNC

Dec. 19
Alabama beats Florida
Notre Dame beats Clemson
Miami dominates GT

In 2020 there's a small chance that 1-loss Miami gets in over 2-loss Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, undefeated Cincinnati and whatever team emerges from the Pac-12 (let's say USC).

That small chance is incumbent upon Miami beating the everloving sh-t out of their final 3 opponents and a bunch of other stuff. But 3 decisive wins in 14 days will help Miami's case. We'll just hang out in the background while teams ahead of us in the rankings lose games.

When the dust settles and Miami is sitting there at 10-1, fresh of 3 consecutive blowout wins, with their lone loss occurring 2+ months ago, there will be some Miami CFP talk nationally.

Here is all that must happen:

Dec. 5
Miami dominates Duke
Auburn beats aTm

Dec. 12
Miami dominates UNC

Dec. 19
Alabama beats Florida
Notre Dame beats Clemson
Miami dominates GT

In 2020 there's a small chance that 1-loss Miami gets in over 2-loss Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, undefeated Cincinnati and whatever team emerges from the Pac-12 (let's say USC). That small chance is incumbent upon Miami beating the everloving sh-t out of their final 3 opponents and a bunch of other stuff. But 3 decisive wins in 19 days will help Miami's case.
I agree the Canes have three games left, and if they win impressively they can either make the CFP playoff games, or definitely a good NY6 game and a big step forward for the entire program. I am very happy with both outcomes

Advertisement
They lost to LA Lafayette and got spanked at that. Oklahoma state ain't exactly a juggernaut either, in their last 4 they lost to Texas and got boat raced by OK and in their two wins beat Texas tech and Kansas state by a combined 6 points.

I agree its much ado about nothing but I don't think their resume is that quality

Advertisement
If Miami wins out, then wins a NY6 bowl, it will mean Miami's first top 10 finish since 2005. One could argue that such a finish would establish that Manny Diaz is the best Miami Head Coach since Butch Davis (I cannot consider Coker to be a good coach, he bears a lot of responsibility for the wheels falling off the program)
Coker wasn’t the best HC @ Miami but has a decent enough resume (started a program at UTSA) and almost 20 years later, his responsibility for Miami’s incompetence ended after he was fired...

I'm not surprised and at this point it don't matter. Its a combination of some bs and people still not really having any respect for maimi most notably the coaching. Miami just needs to keep building every week and you can only hope the coaches continue to evolve. That's pretty much where maimi is right now.

Win out, evaluate the staff no bias and go out and recruit some dogs. Go visit some other coaches see what they do etc. If I'm an AD and I'm talking to Diaz and he doesn't think he needs to improve i'd fire his on the spot.

Coker wasn’t the best HC @ Miami but has a decent enough resume (started a program at UTSA) and almost 20 years later, his responsibility for Miami’s incompetence ended after he was fired...

coker was whatever but it's clear he was just a small part of the problem. Miami admins started handicapping him and he didn't fight back. that's why a guy like ricky jean francois couldn't get into school here but he got into LSU. Shannon got that chit changed atleast but he wasn't Miami HC material. Miami admin. has been a huge reason why the programs status has declined.

Advertisement
Rankings are irrelevant right now, we win out & we'll get a NY6 Bowl guaranteed.

We're not making the playoffs no matter what, the focus is to finish the regular season 10-1 & win our bowl game.
If Both Clemson and ND get in the CFP, we will be in the Orange Bowl and likely playing Florida.

Really don’t understand why u guys get so worked up about rankings that don’t matter. We’re not in the top 4 and can’t get there without the most unlikely **** of all time happening.

We are in the top 12, which is pretty much where you have to be to get a NY6 game. We’re gonna cry about #9 or #10?

And truthfully, I could easily make the argument that Iowa State’s resume is better than ours. Yes, they’ve lost twice to our once. And ours is to the #1 team. But our best win is vs NC State, who is somehow 7-3. Other than that, UAB is the only team we’ve beaten with a winning record. Louisville, FSU, VT, UVA and Pitt are a combined 18-27 and one have a winning record.

Iowa State has beaten some bad teams too (5 wins vs teams .500 or worse) but their wins vs OU and Texas are better than any win we have. And their losses are both to ranked teams. It’s splitting hairs but nobody that’s not biased would be up in arms about them 1 spot ahead of us. Not having played in 3 weeks and winning our last 3 games against bad teams by a combined 9 points isn’t helping much. Go beat the dog**** out of Duke and UNC and we’ll be ranked just how we should be.

Why is Texas a better win than NC state? I don't know how people know something like this. Not picking on you. Just curious as to how you got to that emphatic belief?

I absolutely don't blame the rankings for not trusting Miami - I don't trust us either.

That said, as others have discussed, it's pointless. Especially now the ACC have bent over for ND.

Just win as many games as possible, secure a good Bowl game and keep this recruiting class together (and ******* recruit some CBs!).

I WANT UF IN THE ORANGE BOWL. Regardless of who loses in the ACC of ND or Clemson they're not putting us in this years playoff. Let us take on UF, win the state championship, and rub in it Summeralls, Zipperers, and Bogles face.
Kyle Trask and that offense will smoke us. CIS always pick the worst matchups for us. Remember our bum fanbase wanted Louisville to show them that Miami runs Miami not them and they smoked us and CIS was left in tears. UF kills us this year. We can't Florida acting like they run Miami and Kyle Trask looking like prime Tom Brady against us.
I want TAMU on 1/2 in the OB. Idgaf about nothin’ else.
We can beat them. This is helps us because we beat an SEC team.

Advertisement
Back