Jumped by Iowa St in the Rankings

I WANT UF IN THE ORANGE BOWL. Regardless of who loses in the ACC of ND or Clemson they're not putting us in this years playoff. Let us take on UF, win the state championship, and rub in it Summeralls, Zipperers, and Bogles face.

Advertisement
A joke u say? Last week only 5 of the 14 teams in the big bad SEC had winning records. The playoff committee had all 5 of those teams in their top 25.

Two loss Georgia has beaten 2-6 Mississippi State, 2-7 South Carolina, 3-6 Kentucky, 2-5 Tennessee. They have 1 win against a team with a winning record: 5-3 Auburn, who has 0 wins against teams with a winning record. Georgia also lost by 17 & 16 to the only other teams they've played with winning records.

And u know who Georgia plays next week? 0-8 Vanderbilt, which will probably give them a rankings boost because of the committee's "eye test."

So yeah.. The playoff committee is full of sht.
Amazing at the levels of success that Georgia has had with all those consecutive top three recruiting class finishes. Kirby is a genius!

Is it bull****? Yes.
Does it matter? No.

It was bound to happen. We dont have any big wins (sans FSU...a team who literally quit this year) or wins against any marquee opponents. What do you expect?
Not only that, but BYU is ranked lower and I'd bet money they would beat us.

Regardless, unless you are in contention for Top 4, the Rankings are irrelevant. The only teams thats should even be concerned with them right now are aTm and the gayturds. Maybe Cincy.
But a high ranking just feels good. That's all.

Really don’t understand why u guys get so worked up about rankings that don’t matter. We’re not in the top 4 and can’t get there without the most unlikely **** of all time happening.

We are in the top 12, which is pretty much where you have to be to get a NY6 game. We’re gonna cry about #9 or #10?

And truthfully, I could easily make the argument that Iowa State’s resume is better than ours. Yes, they’ve lost twice to our once. And ours is to the #1 team. But our best win is vs NC State, who is somehow 7-3. Other than that, UAB is the only team we’ve beaten with a winning record. Louisville, FSU, VT, UVA and Pitt are a combined 18-27 and one have a winning record.

Iowa State has beaten some bad teams too (5 wins vs teams .500 or worse) but their wins vs OU and Texas are better than any win we have. And their losses are both to ranked teams. It’s splitting hairs but nobody that’s not biased would be up in arms about them 1 spot ahead of us. Not having played in 3 weeks and winning our last 3 games against bad teams by a combined 9 points isn’t helping much. Go beat the dog**** out of Duke and UNC and we’ll be ranked just how we should be.

Advertisement
Advertisement

They have a slightly harder schedule, but they’ve lost twice, we’ve only lost once. They’ve played 1 more game than we have. They have 1 win vs ranked teams, we have 0.

Really close, to be honest. No surprise at all we’re right next to each other.

Is it bull****? Yes.
Does it matter? No.

It was bound to happen. We dont have any big wins (sans FSU...a team who literally quit this year) or wins against any marquee opponents. What do you expect?
Not only that, but BYU is ranked lower and I'd bet money they would beat us.

Regardless, unless you are in contention for Top 4, the Rankings are irrelevant. The only teams thats should even be concerned with them right now are aTm and the gayturds. Maybe Cincy.
What's A&Ms path btw? I get they're number 5 but they won't get an SEC champ game opportunity and the winner is a lock for the playoffs and if the Gators beat Bama Bama would still get in over A&M. Also I feel like Cincinnati would be able to jump A&M if chaos ensued

They have a slightly harder schedule, but they’ve lost twice, we’ve only lost once. They’ve played 1 more game than we have. They have 1 win vs ranked teams, we have 0.

Really close, to be honest. No surprise at all we’re right next to each other.

They lost to some Louisiana school that is an LSU

Advertisement
They lost to some Louisiana school that is an LSU

You must not watch a lot of ball. Louisiana would absolutely 100000% be in the top half of the ACC this year. That’s a good football team. They’re 8-1, only loss at the gun against an undefeated Coastal Carolina team. They’re also ranked this week.

I want TAMU on 1/2 in the OB. Idgaf about nothin’ else.

We need a Peach Bowl exorcism. I like this projection

Cincy would a tremendously favorable matchup and Miami would almost certainly finish the season with a better record than UF (which if this projection is true, the Gator would have 3 losses on the season- A&M, Bama, Clemson)

Advertisement
You must not watch a lot of ball. Louisiana would absolutely 100000% be in the top half of the ACC this year. That’s a good football team. They’re 8-1, only loss at the gun against an undefeated Coastal Carolina team. They’re also ranked this week.

and they would be in the top half of the ACC based off what exactly?
They beat Georgia State by three in overtime, beat a terrible Georgia southern team by two, they’re only decent Wayne is an Iowa State team who isn’t very good no matter what their ranking indicates and they beat him in the first game of the season which makes it even more of a fluky win

Don’t worry they’re going to lose to app state this weekend

and they would be in the top half of the ACC based off what exactly?
They beat Georgia State by three in overtime, beat a terrible Georgia southern team by two, they’re only decent Wayne is an Iowa State team who isn’t very good no matter what their ranking indicates and they beat him in the first game of the season which makes it even more of a fluky win

Don’t worry they’re going to lose to app state this weekend

I’ve been looking forward to that game. It’s on Friday night, by the way. App State is only a FG favorite in Boone....

While the CFP Committee wholly sucks, at least they put undefeated BYU where they belong. I am shocked that they would penalize a team for being inactive due to COVID. It’s kind of like when Michigan won their first game this year, they were bumped up to 12 in the AP. See where that got them?

Like others have said, take down the state of North Carolina over the next couple of weeks and take revenge on GT and start preparing for the first real bowl game since 2017 season.

Leverage a good season and top 10 finish into upgrading the remaining spots in the recruiting class and keep our fingers crossed that we can have a spring football season that clearly does make an impact. And sharpen up big time for Alabaga!

Look at the bright side, North Carolina jumped to 17 and when we beat that *** (by 1 or whatever lol) we'll have a signature win and if we finish the season with 1 loss we will be number 8 heading into the Orange Bowl
Duke is our regular season final game

Advertisement
Back