July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Hold on...

I said DVD is personable aka friendly. (whatever you wanna call it) 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don't know where you got phony from. (I never even implied that)

And nowhere did I say that Mike ain't personable. He is. Mike is real cool.
He ain't lighting up a room though.

If he's supposedly our recruiting weakness, (other people's thoughts not mine) then we're in good hands.
Hermano I'm not saying you said that. For me when someone is overly friendly it just feels like they're phony as fvck. As I said in DVD case he legit just is full of sunshine all the time. And as I clarified before it's the people who feel like Mike has ever been a weakness that I'm elaborating for when I said that. Had nothing to do with you and everything to do with Individuals who feel he's been an issue.

Advertisement
DVD does a good job.
Real personable/relatable guy.

I like Rumph but he ain't exactly Mister Personality.

But if Rumph is your "weak link" recruiting wise, then you've come a long way from the days of Paul Williams. I can honestly say that this whole staff is relatively personable. Much more than any staff I've seen at Miami in a long time. You can definitely see how/why they make recruits feel like family.

Exactly thats where im at with it as well.

I'm liking the staff alot...and as you know @Brooklyndee @Coach Macho I was on the Lane Train...and that was particularly because i didnt know how Mario would lace his staff...Well he laced it and his support team/analyst are how you do it....Local legen high school coaches...legend nfl players...former alumni (rumph)..guys that have years of position coach experience (Pata Rumph Varner etc)

I dont think your going to have much of a recruiting weak link with Mario Cristobal around...thats his thing through and through...and with that type of support you see guys like Rumph flourishing.

I'm confused with some people in this generation. What y'all call personable is in reality friendly as fvck/phony for most people. That's not DVD. Nothin phony about him. He's just friendly as fvck. But y'all say Mike ain't personable because at the end of the day maybe y'all don't know him too well. Mike just ain't phony. He's gonna be who he is regardless and he ain't gonna kiss no one's ***. But I've know Mikey since he was 16. To think he's a weakness is absurd. That's not saying I'm confused with you macho. Just people that view him as a weakness.
True story:

In 2001, I was 18 years old, working a summer job (just graduated high school) at Dadeland mall. Mike and his ol lady walked into my store and I freaked out. Told everyone who just walked in. Of course, I’m the only one who made it a big deal. One of the girls I was banging told his girl I was a huge fan without me knowing. Mike approached me and initiated conversation about the upcoming season. I wanted to beat PSU so bad because I was still not over that game in 99’ and I knew he wasn’t either.

Mike is a real good dude and is taken for granted by many. Always cheered for him, still do until this day.

Advertisement
True story:

In 2001, I was 18 years old, working a summer job (just graduated high school) at Dadeland mall. Mike and his ol lady walked into my store and I freaked out. Told everyone who just walked in. Of course, I’m the only one who made it a big deal. One of the girls I was banging told his girl I was a huge fan without me knowing. Mike approached me and initiated conversation about the upcoming season. I wanted to beat PSU so bad because I was still not over that game in 99’ and I knew he wasn’t either.

Mike is a real good dude and is taken for granted by many. Always cheered for him, still do until this day.
I've told people till I'm blue in the face that Mike's a Great Guy....I've known him since 1998.

Did we ever hear more about Webb and/or Hussey?

I'm doubting they visited if nothing was published about post BBQ. They wouldn't exactly be secret visitors since 247 published on them pre-BBQ.

I want to stay on them. Either one would be great compliment to Bonsu.

Advertisement
Back