July 2023 Recruiting BBQ Thread

Advertisement
Listen there was fundamental problems in that system that was happening with Manny, but don't act like that was some good **** that the school u just coached at not one of them man was even considering us, not one. What is man supposed to add if everything is someone else falt though. Cuz we got some good players from other schools while we had the same problems.
Problem with that theory is it's 100% silly as fvck nonsense. I was the one who took both Tyson & Pat out when they were on officials to go along with a decent sized group of kids as well. To say they weren't considering us is a lie. Tyson in particular was very close to coming here and pat tried to find a way out of his arrangement as well. All that on top of what they each got where they signed with while we had nothing for them and dj got into a fight with Tyson over potential playing time. Didn't help that both panda and Mandy said we'd be wasting our time recruiting Pat until he showed up on campus himself with his mom's to talk with coach. So please stop speaking on things you don't know about if your only purpose is to slander someone. You don't know the politics that were going on and yet again you're speaking on the past yet not saying nothing about the present.

Problem with that theory is it's 100% silly as fvck nonsense. I was the one who took both Tyson & Pat out when they were on officials to go along with a decent sized group of kids as well. To say they weren't considering us is a lie. Tyson in particular was very close to coming here and pat tried to find a way out of his arrangement as well. All that on top of what they each got where they signed with while we had nothing for them and dj got into a fight with Tyson over potential playing time. Didn't help that both panda and Mandy said we'd be wasting our time recruiting Pat until he showed up on campus himself with his mom's to talk with coach. So please stop speaking on things you don't know about if your only purpose is to slander someone. You don't know the politics that were going on and yet again you're speaking on the past yet not saying nothing about the present.
Them man were not coming to Miami. Just like Innis wasn't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
In English please
To understand Luke is to understand that he always has an angle. Everything he tweets, has meaning in his mind and to a good deal of locals. This Sounds like a back handed question to me…. like, “ooohhh sooo the kids you invited to the cookout are the ONLY kids you’re recruiting for 23, 24, and 25, huh? So to **** wit errybody else, huh? Y’all ain’t prioritizing any kids that you didn’t invite to ya lil cookout, are you?” He’s a local high school coach and is probably slighted by the thought that none or not enough of HIS kids was invited. Luke knows exactly what he’s doing.

Last edited:
Them man were not coming to Miami. Just like Innis wasn't.
Innis has nothing to do with what I'm talking about & if you think any high school coach is going to convince a kid who's about money to flat out turn down a substantial amount of money on exchange for nothing but a scholarship u my friend are very dillusional. Again has nothing to do with mike and ur avoiding the present again...

Advertisement
T robs main issue is same as it's always been. He's not about walking you through the fundamentals etc. Hes not gonna build you up. He'll support you if you already there. But he's VERY though on kids & most kids this generation can't handle that. Combine that with the fact t rob want allowed to run his room the way he wanted to. He was part of Manny's system and was gonna coach kids Mandy's way. It was a recipe for failure from jump & why is constantly mentioned only being able to recruit is secondary to coaching. I also find it amusing that now you see all these kids that mention Mike & how much they fvck with him etc & yet not one soul on here has said how great he's doing with recruiting. Lol. No different from dvd but y'all blame Mike for heritage etc. 🤣

Some of the kids didnt like him while at Heritage...but it always be like that at high schools. He is at a position he shouldve started with to begin with but Richt gave him that an people expected immediate results. DAY 1 of his hire i stated he wouldnt recruit that well here because he really had no s.fla pull.
The "pressure" of really recruiting isnt on him now and he is more than likely excelling..i know hw owould do well with parents.

Maybe he moves back up to on the field as folks leave the program and would be better for it now on a second go.

Before everyone else chimes...Growing up Rumph was one of my fav canes lol. Would always draft him or trade for him on Madden.

Last edited:
Some of the kids didnt like him while at Heritage...but it always be like that at high schools. He is at a position he shouldve started with to begin with but Richt gave him that an people expected immediate results. DAY 1 of his hire i stated he wouldnt recruit that well here because he really had no s.fla pull.
The "pressure" of really recruiting isnt on him now and he is more than likely excelling..i know hw owould do well with parents.

Maybe he moves up as folks leave the program and would be better for it.
Fair enough to say he has no south fla pull as he shouldn't have at that point. He was a few years out the league and has never done grass roots. I personally don't know any coach that all his players like. Never seen that & I get you've always been very opinionated when it relates to Mike. I think you have personally probably heard enough stories to where you know it's not just people on here telling you everything he was up against. Now that statement about the pressure of recruiting to me is just a cop out. When DeMarcus was in a similar spot people didn't say well he has no pressure so he should do like he's doing. They simply said DVD is killing it. Now because of the past history you and many others aren't giving Mike that same value. Just be aware Mario doesn't do favorites. If you're not doing what he brings you on for you won't be there...

Advertisement
Back