July 1st Recruiting Board

All these recruiting reporters can do is share what they hear. Kids can be heavily leaning in one direction, but make a decision in another. All that will get reported or crystal balled is what they make public.

It isn't fair to bash our guy Brad for giving the best information he has at the time. This isn't like Ivins or others whose predictions are plastered for the world to see. Brad is sharing insight that most of us don't have and I appreciate it, even if it doesn't always pan out.

Advertisement
Just listened to Ivins on the Through The Smoke Canes 247 Pod. - Basically called Jacurri a "gamer", but definitely in the bottom 15-20 range of the elite 11. To make things worse, he considered AJ Duffy the FSU commit one of the top kids out there.

He said its time to be concerned with recruiting. The staff has obviously burned through a ton of OV's and its yielded nothing. Even for guys he considered 100% locked up like Durant. Graves and maybe Cull seemed to be the only guys he thinks we get this month.

None of this is really breaking news, but the pod was always pretty optimistic in June and now it sounds pretty grim

You know who was really good at the Elite 11? Deondre Francois, De'Andre Johnson, and Malik Henry.

All these recruiting reporters can do is share what they hear. Kids can be heavily leaning in one direction, but make a decision in another. All that will get reported or crystal balled is what they make public.

It isn't fair to bash our guy Brad for giving the best information he has at the time. This isn't like Ivins or others whose predictions are plastered for the world to see. Brad is sharing insight that most of us don't have and I appreciate it, even if it doesn't always pan out.
What’s the difference between what Ivins (or anyone else) does and Tejada? Does the world not see what is posted on CIS? They both pretty much make predictions based on info they receive. Why is it okay to bash others and not “our guy?” Kind of odd stance considering Ivins (example) has a pretty good batting average with crystal balls. No one deserves to be bashed (except Ferman and Pete for their antics) but Tejada, who is new to this game, should still be held accountable.

And kids don't always tell the truth...

What’s the difference between what Ivins (or anyone else) does and Tejada? Does the world not see what is posted on CIS? They both pretty much make predictions based on info they receive. Why is it okay to bash others and not “our guy?” Kind of odd stance considering Ivins (example) has a pretty good batting average with crystal balls. Tejada is new to this game but should still be held accountable.
Agreed. It's like he's being protected and treated like a 7 year old here on a Make A Wish day or something. If those horrendous ******* boards he put together were Ivins', or literally any other Miami reporter, there would be 6 threads about how they know nothing, have no connections, and are dumbasses. No reason to destroy the dude but the endless kid gloves being worn is a ****** joke

Advertisement
The Elite 11 is existing since 1999. Here is the list of every winner:

1999- Brock Berlin (why didnt we give him the spread)
2000- Brodie Croyle
2001- Ben Olson (in front of Vince Young, fwiw)
2002- Kyle Wright (yup, that guy)
2003- Rhett Bomar and Matt Tuiasosopo (John David Booty was my favourite, but whatever)
2004- Mark Sanchez (yep, the dude who ran into Big Vinces butt)
2005- Matt Stafford (finally someone decent after 6 years)
2006- John Brantley (a Gator who barely played)
2007- Blaine Gabbert (in front of Andrew Luck)
2008- Aaron Murray (the dude who got seen by the whole world after Nick Marshall somehow completed that 4th and 18 play)
2009- Jake Heaps (he actually went here and got beaten by Brad Kaaya)
2010- Jeff Driskel (in front of Teddy Bridgewater)
2011- Neal Burcham (hurt his shoulder in college, so I give him a pass), Jameis Winston (thats the second decent choice) and Tanner Magnum (a certain Zach Wilson beat him out for the starting job)
2012- Asiantii Woulard (in front of Jared Goff)
2013- Sean White (over Brad Kaaya and Deshaun ******* Watson, wtf)
2014- Blake Barnett (over Kyler Murray)
2015- Shea Patterson (yeah, that dude who played at Michigan and got hammered by Ohio State all the time)
2016- Tua Tagovailoa (Tate Martell also attended the event, so you kinda knew how high the standard was)
2017- Justin Fields (over Trevor Lawrence and Jarren Williams, who looks kinda high on his picture)
2018- Spencer Rattler
2019- CJ Stroud (Ohio States newest starting QB, over Bryce Young, Alabamas newest starting QB), who was the replacement for Clemsons newest starting QB D.J. Uiagaleiei
2020- Caleb Williams (who appears to be the starter once Rattler gets drafted)

So it basically went from picking garbage, to not knowing ****, back to picking garbage and now they just seem to pick a QB from a big time school every year. The Elite 11 certainly is not a valid measure for QB evaluation, that is crystal clear.

I appreciate that Brad puts it out there.
With that, he's got to take some hits along with the props (Rogers).
It just comes with the territory.

The recruiting roller coaster has started again.
In the end, Miami will end up with a class somewhere between #8 and #13, with transfers calculated in, when all is said and done.

What’s the difference between what Ivins (or anyone else) does and Tejada? Does the world not see what is posted on CIS? They both pretty much make predictions based on info they receive. Why is it okay to bash others and not “our guy?” Kind of odd stance considering Ivins (example) has a pretty good batting average with crystal balls. No one deserves to be bashed (except Ferman and Pete for their antics) but Tejada, who is new to this game, should still be held accountable.
How can you hold someone accountable for the actions of another whom they have no control over?

The difference between us and 247 is scale.

Advertisement
I appreciate that Brad puts it out there.
With that, he's got to take some hits along with the props (Rogers).
It just comes with the territory.

The recruiting roller coaster has started again.
In the end, Miami will end up with a class somewhere between #8 and #13, with transfers calculated in, when all is said and done.
It's crazy to think the season hasn't even started and we have people thinking this is the way the board will look for us. If we have a good to great year watch how many kids want in. Also when FSU poops on themselves they will lose a ton.

Agreed. It's like he's being protected and treated like a 7 year old here on a Make A Wish day or something. If those horrendous ******* boards he put together were Ivins', or literally any other Miami reporter, there would be 6 threads about how they know nothing, have no connections, and are dumbasses. No reason to destroy the dude but the endless kid gloves being worn is a ****** joke
It's a simple matter of not hammering someone for giving you the best information they have. That's all.

If there was no information at all coming out, people would be clamoring for the slightest whisper. They get the best available information and then expect it to be 100% accurate and bytch when it isn't. That's the problem. Just take it for what it is.

It's crazy to think the season hasn't even started and we have people thinking this is the way the board will look for us. If we have a good to great year watch how many kids want in. Also when FSU poops on themselves they will lose a ton.
I think it's going to take some time for fans, myself included lol, to get used to the fact that we are not trying to load up on commits early like in years past and that we are relying on having a great year as a major selling point to recruits. Could be a great strategy and if we win 10 games, the flood gates could open. Could backfire and if we get waxed by Bama and drop a game or two we shouldn't, we may be stuck with a class full of plan B and C types. With how recruiting is going this offseason, I am ready for the season to get here already so we can see what type of team we will be.

Why is this board so sure of this? In a normal year I would agree but this is not a normal year. Many recruits have taken their ov’s and many want to make decisions before their senior year. How is this board so sure that if we do what we need to do on the field they will magically all start coming. Shemar maybe, but the rest is looking bleak. Especially the board pipe dreams of Wilson and singletary

Advertisement
It's a simple matter of not hammering someone for giving you the best information they have. That's all.

If there was no information at all coming out, people would be clamoring for the slightest whisper. They get the best available information and then expect it to be 100% accurate and bytch when it isn't. That's the problem. Just take it for what it is.
I think they would have settled for 20% accurate. I get what you're saying for sure, just seems odd those guidelines of giving people credit for saying what is the best of their knowledge and not bashing what they say wrong has only ever applied to a single human on here. Not a single other writer from anywhere else or even this site is given anywhere close to that level of leniency. And **** sure no posters are so let's not act like that's a thing around here.

I think they would have settled for 20% accurate. I get what you're saying for sure, just seems odd those guidelines of giving people credit for saying what is the best of their knowledge and not bashing what they say wrong has only ever applied to a single human on here. Not a single other writer from anywhere else or even this site is given anywhere close to that level of leniency. And **** sure no posters are so let's not act like that's a thing around here.
It definitely has not applied to just one person. We've had good posters with connections who were pilloried for sharing their knowledge and now the information they have stays with them.

I'd rather hear that X player is seriously leaning towards us and have him end up going somewhere else at the last minute than just never hear anything. Ignorance isn't bliss. There will be disappointments like Lewis and Marshall and there will be successes like Garcia and Williams.

Advertisement
I've read on more than one recruiting board that Skinner is a tough kid to read. There have been people doing their "best guessing", like the 247 reporter posted on the Clemson board yesterday, but no one is really confident they know what he will do.
I feel like the consistent thing has been that FSU is currently out front.

It’s not bashing to point out that he’s new to the game. The majority of us are reasonable and have followed recruiting for a while and understand the ups and downs, overconfidence and how quickly things can change.

Brad’s recruiting color chart is not for the weak! Very fluid to say the least.

I Hate It No GIF by Film Riot

Advertisement
Back