July 1st Recruiting Board

Advertisement
U know, I keep hearing this phrase thrown around here, “If player x ‘wants in’.”

Wtf does this mean? I’m sorry; is our roster full of high profiled players all of a sudden? Is our class full of the elite of the elite? Seriously, are we really in position to tell any 4 or 5 star player, ‘sorry…no more room??’

Like the way we post chit on here, if I didn’t follow this program religiously, I would think we just won a championship & our class is full of elite players. “If player X wants in” my ***! We need all the elite X, Y, & Z’s at LB, CB, and OL.

Christmas Eve Waiting GIF

Advertisement
Nothing will matter if we can not recruit/fix the OL.. come on Justise

the Defense could be lights out / championship caliber as soon as next year
Yes it could especially if we get who we really want this class. Then it could be special for a few years. We need to hit on those LBs, the CB's and DL. Getting our top targets at Safety would be icing. We will see.

You are right about the OL. It is absolutely critical. Doesn't matter who we have at TE, RB, WR or QB if we don't start recruiting the OL at a high level. This is a crucial season for Justice in terms of how he has developed this current OL and how they play this year. Its also important that he brings in a good/great OL class. If he underwhelms on both counts my guess is he is history. We don't have time to play around here. We need results.

WR- Quan Lee decommitting was no surprise and it seems like Coach Likens could possibly be taking just 2 WRs in this class. Jayden Gibsons' Top 7 I expect Miami to be in it and possibly waiting until the football season plays out to for Gibson to make his announcement. I personally don't think we land Horton but if we do then my theory of only 2 WRs will go out the window if Jayden wants in. Sean Wilson has also made a impression but I don't think we pull the trigger on him.

TE- Jaleel Skinner was smiling all throughout Paradise Camp while I was there and it was pretty obvious the staff made him a priority on his visit. It seemed like Skinner ALWAYS had a former or current player with him throughout the Camp along with Coach Fields. I think his family and him loved the Miami vibe and he chooses the Canes.

OL- I think Malik Agbo visit to Oklahoma was too good to pass up from a few people I talked to that have kept in contact with him. Andrew Chamblee and Jacob Hood I would both put in that 50% category on the Canes landing them. Tapuvae "Snoop" Amaama is a new name on the board and after seeing him live at Paradise Camp, he shot up tremendously and could be a take for the Canes.

LB- Tolan and Jacksons' visit was as good as it can get from everything I heard and think Canes end up landing both!

View attachment 148887
Great work per usual @bradtejeda

I'm going to be blunt here. The OL board and the OL recruiting in general seems like a disaster. There doesn't appear to be a clear plan or focus and frankly I don't get the feeling that it is about to change. Unlike a few here, Im not worried about our class in general and Im actually very confident that the staff will bring in a top 10 quality class. OL specifically is another story. I could be wrong of course and I will be patient as we are only in July but I need to start seeing something here. You are obviously much better versed regarding this situation. How do you see things going? Are you optimistic? Neutral? Talk to me Brad!

Advertisement
Ouch, our “Highly Likely” Targets don’t look so good now lol

What changed in 5 days?.. this staff man smh

Just listened to Ivins on the Through The Smoke Canes 247 Pod. - Basically called Jacurri a "gamer", but definitely in the bottom 15-20 range of the elite 11. To make things worse, he considered AJ Duffy the FSU commit one of the top kids out there.

He said its time to be concerned with recruiting. The staff has obviously burned through a ton of OV's and its yielded nothing. Even for guys he considered 100% locked up like Durant. Graves and maybe Cull seemed to be the only guys he thinks we get this month.

None of this is really breaking news, but the pod was always pretty optimistic in June and now it sounds pretty grim

Advertisement
Just listened to Ivins on the Through The Smoke Canes 247 Pod. - Basically called Jacurri a "gamer", but definitely in the bottom 15-20 range of the elite 11. To make things worse, he considered AJ Duffy the FSU commit one of the top kids out there.

He said its time to be concerned with recruiting. The staff has obviously burned through a ton of OV's and its yielded nothing. Even for guys he considered 100% locked up like Durant. Graves and maybe Cull seemed to be the only guys he thinks we get this month.

None of this is really breaking news, but the pod was always pretty optimistic in June and now it sounds pretty grim

F*ck ivins.

Linebacker
Blissainthe and Tolan - U down. Jackson, a Nebraska born and raised kid is on deck.

Cornerback
Khamari’s a great pull. Spells is gone - though I’ll buy into him wanting to be prioritized. Fegans wants a Bama green light that may not come but either way, he’s deep in SEC territory. Singletary is committed to Ohio State. Cull??? Graves is critical.

I’m all for benefit of the doubt so we’ll see but this could turn south - or really south, really quickly between Tolan and Graves. I really hope we pull Graves. I think we have a lot riding on that.

Advertisement
This is why we have to prioritize SF kids. We did this last year and it worked. Manny has to prove he can win.

I never believed the Skinner stuff. Believe that Brad works hard and has some decent contacts, but he hasn’t been doing this long enough to see through the puffery and solid intel based on his boards.
I've read on more than one recruiting board that Skinner is a tough kid to read. There have been people doing their "best guessing", like the 247 reporter posted on the Clemson board yesterday, but no one is really confident they know what he will do.

Advertisement
Back