July 1st Recruiting Board

Advertisement
Well the fact you are referring to a FRESHMAN all american team kinda negates your point, they are forced to pick freshman and 5 of them. One of the top freshman on the list? Robert Scott from FSU... He was the #508 player overall. You also had Willie Lampkin (coastal) make the list #1,999 overall and Zach Fraiser (WV) #584 overall. I am quite confident we could have signed those 3 players and they would not have played significant snaps for us last year and would not have made this list. Can you play a TF OL? Yes. (see Zion) however, that is not typically a recipe for success. As mentioned a tiny handful are ready but it is the exception not the rule.

I agree with the exception not the rule. 2015-2019 would probably be better examples--COVID affected last year's selections with a shortened season.

The fact that not everyone on the freshman all American team is a starter and not everyone on the freshman All American team plays on P5 conference teams kinda proves my point.
1. Majority of the players on the teams are starters. I looked at multiple years, not just one.
2. Major publications are not picking players from a non-P5 school to be on an AA list.

I nean a miracle can happen but if they don't get sanctions before signing day it'll still happen ij the future do Devon may be waiting but going there would be a huge mistake
Imagine going there and they get hit the following year. Kid needs to be around better advisors.

Just read what the recruiting gurus are saying. Besides, doesn't take a genius to figure out if Clemson wants an in state kid, they will most likely get him.
It's interesting about Clemson... From reading their board, their 247 reporter has made it seem like they are not recruiting him as first priority at this point. They have turned their attention to a legacy kid who is a 3 star right now. Their fans are a little crazy over it although the kid's film is pretty good. all that's been said about Skinner and his recruitment is "it's a bit complicated". So, I guess you can take from that what you will!

Advertisement
I agree with the exception not the rule. 2015-2019 would probably be better examples--COVID affected last year's selections with a shortened season.

1. Majority of the players on the teams are starters. I looked at multiple years, not just one.
2. Major publications are not picking players from a non-P5 school to be on an AA list.

The thing is, using a freshman All American team to prove that there’s a bunch of great freshman offensive lineman is kind of pointless. Are those guys actually really good or is there so few true freshman starters on the offensive line that they qualify automatically? I looked at 247’s freshman all American team and it was a bunch of guys I wouldn’t want starting for Miami. A better qualitative measure would be how many freshman all conference offensive linemen are there in a given year. There’s literally a small handful of good quality starting freshmen linemen in the P5 yearly. I mean there’s guys who start because their team has no other options but they’re not good players. At least not as freshmen.

What do the #'s look like on OL? What was our target with such a small class? 3? 4? OG or OT? Do we have quality depth with lower classmen? I follow recruiting but it all kind of runs together.

FWIW- Rivals national guys are saying that Gibson is now very interested in Auburn. He took a visit there midweek last week and apparently they impressed him. They are claiming its UF and then Auburn... Again, FWIW...

Advertisement
We shouldn't need any freshmen on the oline to have to play meaningful snaps in 2022.

So take the projects and get them into the s&c program.
Armella and Agbo at guard, Hood and Carswell at tackle.
take guys like flip, and portal ol.

Advertisement
WR- Quan Lee decommitting was no surprise and it seems like Coach Likens could possibly be taking just 2 WRs in this class. Jayden Gibsons' Top 7 I expect Miami to be in it and possibly waiting until the football season plays out to for Gibson to make his announcement. I personally don't think we land Horton but if we do then my theory of only 2 WRs will go out the window if Jayden wants in. Sean Wilson has also made a impression but I don't think we pull the trigger on him.

TE- Jaleel Skinner was smiling all throughout Paradise Camp while I was there and it was pretty obvious the staff made him a priority on his visit. It seemed like Skinner ALWAYS had a former or current player with him throughout the Camp along with Coach Fields. I think his family and him loved the Miami vibe and he chooses the Canes.

OL- I think Malik Agbo visit to Oklahoma was too good to pass up from a few people I talked to that have kept in contact with him. Andrew Chamblee and Jacob Hood I would both put in that 50% category on the Canes landing them. Tapuvae "Snoop" Amaama is a new name on the board and after seeing him live at Paradise Camp, he shot up tremendously and could be a take for the Canes.

LB- Tolan and Jacksons' visit was as good as it can get from everything I heard and think Canes end up landing both!

View attachment 148887
Hard to beat out Oklahoma for OL, they push out quality NFL starting OL almost every Year, so it's understandable.

Advertisement
So that would make it two for two. Two releases of Brads board and two “highly likely” guys committing elsewhere. And there’s talk a second “highly likely” TE is headed elsewhere.

Call me what you like. But the idea that we have 6-8 guys going into the season is not ideal. It’s not like we’re going 10-10 on uncommitted prospects on ESD.

I actually don’t understand how or why other long term followers of recruiting aren’t concerned at this point.

Advertisement
Back