Julio Frenk is a good hire IF...

I see the fire in his eyes!!

CCeUPS5VEAEPkFW.jpg

I say this heterosexually, but this guy is really hot. Smoldering good looks with that movie star hair. Serious question: Is he heterosexual?

david-stern-chokes-on-water-during-nets-clippers-game.gif

Advertisement
Just said at the press conference his goal for the football program is to win a national championship. We will see.

Advertisement
Tad Foote hated football, and Shalala likes football. You can't predict this. We have to wait and see. I do think that people writing him off because he's not an american is wrong. Just like we love the game many foreign born people become huge football fans when they are here in the US.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So he was born in Mexico; when did he move to the U.S.? Why does he still have the accent if he's been here for many years? Is he an illegal or a U.S. citizen? Resume isn't clear on this. Shalala said she has known him for 20 years; no doubt he's her hand picked guy. I wish him the best & look forward the resurrection of the football program (if he's such a great fundraiser; the sky is the limit)...GO CANES

Advertisement
He's not and he won't. He's just another fundraiser, don't get your hopes up.

Not getting hopes up I think it's a terrible hire... The admiral is a leader and is a fan of AMERICAN FOOTBALL... I'm saying its a good if he does these things

Besides some jacknob prognosticators on a message board, can you provide any quotes where Stavros or the other fellow is or isn't a fan of football as we know it here in the States?

Secondly, hate to say it, but either can be a great UNIVERSITY president even if they don't give a crap about the football team. We might not like the idea that football isn't a priority and one could easily make the case it shouldn't be, at least at an elite level. Recruiting territory is our only major plus with regards to being a football powerhouse, but that's it. Every other thing about us suggests following the Duke way of doing things with focus on basketball.

LOLOL Miami could never dream of "doing th Duke thing". Miami is closer to Bama academically than it is Duke. Notre Dame can't even "do the Duke thing". Duke has the greatest coach of all time and the best degree of any D1 school. That's how they draw talent and win.
Stanford would like a word with you.

He's not and he won't. He's just another fundraiser, don't get your hopes up.

Not getting hopes up I think it's a terrible hire... The admiral is a leader and is a fan of AMERICAN FOOTBALL... I'm saying its a good if he does these things

Besides some jacknob prognosticators on a message board, can you provide any quotes where Stavros or the other fellow is or isn't a fan of football as we know it here in the States?

Secondly, hate to say it, but either can be a great UNIVERSITY president even if they don't give a crap about the football team. We might not like the idea that football isn't a priority and one could easily make the case it shouldn't be, at least at an elite level. Recruiting territory is our only major plus with regards to being a football powerhouse, but that's it. Every other thing about us suggests following the Duke way of doing things with focus on basketball.

LOLOL Miami could never dream of "doing th Duke thing". Miami is closer to Bama academically than it is Duke. Notre Dame can't even "do the Duke thing". Duke has the greatest coach of all time and the best degree of any D1 school. That's how they draw talent and win.
Stanford would like a word with you.

That and I'm sure the reason all of Duke's players go there for the degree.

Coach K may be the best men's collegiate basketball coach today, but that wasn't always the case. You've gotta start somewhere just as they did and with a bit of luck maybe we could attain that level one day. At the least, we've more resources than say the Butler's or Gonzaga's of the world, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Love how clueless people pass on conjecture for fact. IQ on this board is pretty **** low.

Advertisement
Back