Julio Frenk is a good hire IF...

KevinCosio

Sophomore
The guy is willing to spend as much as we need to for us to be elite again. It shouldn't take much, we have the recruiting territory to be elite quicker than almost any program in the country. I'll argue only USC can be elite faster than us when top to bottom in the leadership department we are exceptional.
I wanted like most the Admiral to be the guy because at least I've heard he knows what the game of football is. I think frenk only knows what Fútbol is but it seems like everything we want, the university to do they will will go completely opposite. If There are people that want to win in the BOT and athletic department than maybe they wanted to hire a Guy who's loaded and frank does have a deeper pocket than the Admiral and will sign of on almost anything if he knows he will get a profitable return.. Don't look at the presidential hire from a football perspective look at it IF frenk is a guy who's willing to spend the money to be elite.. If i would grade this hire it's INCOMPLETE. I know one thing is for sure and its that the irrevelancy can't go much longer if it does people will not care and the alreasy small core fan base will continue to shrink

Advertisement
The only way he is a good hire is if he fires Flake and hires a legit AD. Only way.

He's not and he won't. He's just another fundraiser, don't get your hopes up.

Not getting hopes up I think it's a terrible hire... The admiral is a leader and is a fan of AMERICAN FOOTBALL... I'm saying its a good if he does these things

Advertisement
"Julio Frenk is a good hire IF... The guy is willing to spend as much as we need to for us to be elite again."

LOL. Anyone is a good hire (from our perspective) if he is "willing to spend as much as we need ... to be elite again."

This is like the preseason prognosticators every year: "If our defense becomes more aggressive, the new players step-up, and the offense plays to its potential then we should be good."

"Julio Frenk is a good hire IF... The guy is willing to spend as much as we need to for us to be elite again."

LOL. Anyone is a good hire (from our perspective) if he is "willing to spend as much as we need ... to be elite again."

This is like the preseason prognosticators every year: "If our defense becomes more aggressive, the new players step-up, and the offense plays to its potential then we should be good."
It's all about the "IF"

Advertisement
As per my post in the previous thread....

Our best hope is for a President who doesn't care two hoots about football or athletics and hires a capable AD so that he could get it off his plate!!

Meddling Presidents who think they know everything are the worst....

As per my post in the previous thread....

Our best hope is for a President who doesn't care two hoots about football or athletics and hires a capable AD so that he could get it off his plate!!

Meddling Presidents who think they know everything are the worst....

Bingo canesworld I actually think its great if he knows as little as possible as long as he signs off on big checks and hires capable people to run the athletic department I think we'll be fine... These the two finals were UPGRADES over donna

Caneworld is correct. The best bet is that this guy doesn't care about football but hires someone who does. Remember Donna's little C*nt hands were all over the football program from hiring Shannon to making them destroy the orange bowl to Nevin Shapiro. All athletic hires and fires went through her.

Advertisement
sin(α) = 0.670, cos(α) = 0.742, sin(β) = 0.742, tan(β) = 1.108

In other words:
"F" rated South Florida High Schools - with the best talent, coupled with UM set on being the Harvard of the South = 1.108 chance (out of 50 top kids) of locking down South Florida Talent.

Last edited:
I see the fire in his eyes!!

CCeUPS5VEAEPkFW.jpg

Not getting hopes up I think it's a terrible hire... The admiral is a leader and is a fan of AMERICAN FOOTBALL... I'm saying its a good if he does these things

Besides some jacknob prognosticators on a message board, can you provide any quotes where Stavros or the other fellow is or isn't a fan of football as we know it here in the States?

Secondly, hate to say it, but either can be a great UNIVERSITY president even if they don't give a crap about the football team. We might not like the idea that football isn't a priority and one could easily make the case it shouldn't be, at least at an elite level. Recruiting territory is our only major plus with regards to being a football powerhouse, but that's it. Every other thing about us suggests following the Duke way of doing things with focus on basketball.

Advertisement
Let's hope he is a nerd who is tired of getting sand kicked in his face, or tired of gringos and wants a football team to go out and kick the rap out of people for him.

Besides some jacknob prognosticators on a message board, can you provide any quotes where Stavros or the other fellow is or isn't a fan of football as we know it here in the States?

Secondly, hate to say it, but either can be a great UNIVERSITY president even if they don't give a crap about the football team. We might not like the idea that football isn't a priority and one could easily make the case it shouldn't be, at least at an elite level. Recruiting territory is our only major plus with regards to being a football powerhouse, but that's it. Every other thing about us suggests following the Duke way of doing things with focus on basketball.

LOLOL Miami could never dream of "doing th Duke thing". Miami is closer to Bama academically than it is Duke. Notre Dame can't even "do the Duke thing". Duke has the greatest coach of all time and the best degree of any D1 school. That's how they draw talent and win.

if he comes in and fires Flake James day 1, then I'll get excited. otherwise this looks horrible.

Advertisement
Back