2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

I hate social media sometimes. This was so unnecessary.
Apologies if this was supposed to be kept low key, I can delete it or ask the mods to. Figured it was an absurd long shot regardless but Geo had roughly 1500 listeners last night so I’m sure its made rounds elsewhere.

Advertisement
would take a miracle imo. he's going to be probably the highest coveted player in the portal if/once he enters.
He also might just battle Manning. Personally, if he doesn’t win the job, politics are involved. He’s much better at this point than Arch is. That’s not to say Arch can’t develop in a full calendar year…

Ewers should be going pro.

He also might just battle Manning. Personally, if he doesn’t win the job, politics are involved. He’s much better at this point than Arch is.

Ewers should be going pro.
heard the 247 Texas writer on the Cover 3 pod and he was raving about Murphy and how far along he is compared to Arch.
I could see Arch moving on. Texas already has a 2025 commit at QB that they love so it seems that they're planning ahead for life without Murphy or Arch.

Advertisement
would take a miracle imo. he's going to be probably the highest coveted player in the portal if/once he enters.
Gotta put up or shut up. Not talkin specifically you but at some point we need to land a QB. The narrative was that we weren’t going to sell out and overpay for a HS QB, and it would be better money spent on a proven commodity in the portal. Well here we are, go get him…

Gotta put up or shut up. Not talkin specifically you but at some point we need land a QB. The narrative was that we weren’t going to sell out and overpay for a HS, and it would be better money spent on a proven commodity in the portal. Well here we are, go get him…
im with you lol i was thinking of making a post with the title "Will Miami Ever Land A 5* QB Again?". I don't blame a top QB for not coming here after last seasons offense, but you still gotta sell the Dawson offense, weapons, the OL and the vision and convince an elite kid to come here. Whether that Sayin or Nolan or another elite HS QB or a top transfer QB.

im with you lol i was thinking of making a post with the title "Will Miami Ever Land A 5* QB Again?". I don't blame a top QB for not coming here after last seasons offense, but you still gotta sell the Dawson offense, weapons, the OL and the vision and convince an elite kid to come here. Whether that Sayin or Nolan or another elite HS QB or a top transfer QB.
We’ve only landed one ever right? Kyle Wright?

You want to see something scary…top five QB recruits in Miami’s history

1. Kyle Wright
2. Jake Garcia
3. Jarren Williams
4. Kevin Olsen
5. Kirby Freeman

throw up GIF

Advertisement
Here's the paradox in common recruiting replies.

1. Every good recruit wants to go to Bama, so of course they'll choose them over us.
2. No good recruit is going to want to come here because we already have good players at that position and they want playing time.

#2 cannot be mutually exclusive to us.
I don't think that is a paradox at all; Alabama (and other top schools) has a proven track record of winning and putting tons of players in the league (something Miami has not had in quite some time) so one of the best ways for Miami to counter that is with early/immediate playing time. But if Miami has recruited your position well recently and you are going to likely have to wait to play, then you might say to yourself that if you are going to need to wait regardless, than you might as well go with the proven commodity (or to another school where you can get early playing time).

Mario has to get past that hurdle and convince kids that they should go to Miami even with good player(s) in front of them that are young. The easiest (easiest from a recruiting standpoint) way to do this is to win on the field and at least show promise.

Here's the paradox in common recruiting replies.

1. Every good recruit wants to go to Bama, so of course they'll choose them over us.
2. No good recruit is going to want to come here because we already have good players at that position and they want playing time.

#2 cannot be mutually exclusive to us.
You're not wrong here but to play devils advocate.... Kids will go and sit at a Bama, UGA, OSU, and CLEM because they win and produce draft picks all over the place. Saban can practically say to any player, hey come sit for a year or two, learn from us, play for a year and get drafted high. We can't promise the same things so while it is not exclusive to us, Bama and that tier of team operate under different rules than we do for the time being.

Advertisement
We’ve only landed one ever right? Kyle Wright?

You want to see something scary…top five QB recruits in Miami’s history

1. Kyle Wright
2. Jake Garcia
3. Jarren Williams
4. Kevin Olsen
5. Kirby Freeman

throw up GIF
I have a strong feeling, Jake would turnt up if he was able to stay in Lashlee system. Gonna keep an eye on him at Mizzou. Gattis really did a number on these QB's, they were all confused. As a HC, your number 1 job is the get the best QB coach around. Biggest hire. Mario takes the blame for that. I would rather him just hire Ponce alone at the OC and QB coach.

Advertisement
I have a strong feeling, Jake would turnt up if he was able to stay in Lashlee system. Gonna keep an eye on him at Mizzou. Gattis really did a number on these QB's, they were all confused. As a HC, your number 1 job is the get the best QB coach around. Biggest hire. Mario takes the blame for that. I would rather him just hire Ponce alone at the OC and QB coach.
Yeah Mario really fvcked us year one with that moron gattis. You could tell in the early Bethune and southern miss games we were screwed. Then blowing the A&M game was it

I'm too old to be catfished 2xs on the same subject. If Julian by some miracle in **** makes it into any discussion in December, I'll certainly be waiting for the rapture as well .

That’s off recruiting rankings from 247. Not my opinion obviously.
Well several VERY large issues with that obviously #1 I've been told y'all these sights are ran by dip****s in large part who are clueless. #2 the words used I believe we're UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI program history... We obviously predate 24/7 but for a quick example Kyle was the #1 recruit period on most sights... Guess there's no reason to argue him. But WORST CASE Every other one is far off as well but worst case #2 which could also be #1 or 1b would be Kenny Kelly... Kenny was not only the #1 qb & a multi year consensus 5 star in football but the same thing in baseball and basketball as well. Kenny is without question the most celebrated recruit PERIOD we've ever signed to this university from a rankings standpoint... All these sights don't actually know **** bout what they speak on they simply count on the people who frequent them. Atleast here its all about peers and people being semi passionate about something. Other sights ur not interacting with the people really in charge and see they're fans,it's simply about money and clicks...

Advertisement
Back