Judd Anderson SR HL

Advertisement
This 100% Really need Bailey and even then, he’s really a QB1.5

Bailey would be my Judd replacement. As you imply, he's not QB1 either.

Plan A should be to take a starter AND a backup out of the portal, then only take one developmental QB in the class. I suppose you can take two developmental QBs out of high school but it seems to me to be an underutilized scholarship when you're team capped at 85. Plan B is to take a starter out of the portal, and a class QB1 out of high school who can perform at least as well as Emory did if our starter goes down, then use one more scholarship offer for either Judd or Bailey. I know Bailey has his own issues, but I would personally take Bailey.

Too late now though, I guess. So we better be taking 2 QBs in the portal regardless of what we do with high school.

Listen I’m good with this as qb 2. He’s raw but I see potential and he has physical tools. He also looks much better versus last year but this can’t be qb 1 in your class....@ the University of Miami
FIFY

Advertisement
Those highlights look really good. He hit long passes, he hit deep slants in stride that went for TD’s, he moved well within the pocket. I’m not a QB expert and Judd is ”only” a 3 star so maybe people see more problems than I do, but he looks good to me.

What is wrong with him?

Those highlights look really good. He hit long passes, he hit deep slants in stride that went for TD’s, he moved well within the pocket. I’m not a QB expert and Judd is ”only” a 3 star so maybe people see more problems than I do, but he looks good to me.

What is wrong with him?
I'm no evaluator, but his mid-range accuracy looks very meh IMO - especially for a highlight reel. But I also think he has positives with a quick-release, feels the pocket and steps up etc. It's also hard to tell because his highlights were filmed with an iPotato - but his arm strength is not what I was expecting based on prior reports.

Give me numbers.

Emory needs to work on his motion: too many batted balls & improving his processing speed.

Judd needs to adjust to speed and work on everything.

Need a senior started
Need a sophomore starter type (could list 5 p5 QBs and a few FCS).

I’d actually take Bailey too. Giving us 5 and assume 1-2 depart by 2025

Advertisement
I'm no evaluator, but his mid-range accuracy looks very meh IMO - especially for a highlight reel. But I also think he has positives with a quick-release, feels the pocket and steps up etc. It's also hard to tell because his highlights were filmed with an iPotato - but his arm strength is not what I was expecting based on prior reports.
He has a cannon. Had qb coach posting film preseason, sailing it 70+. Also rifles in some mid range throws in the highlights ive seen.

Advertisement
Hope this kid proves us all wrong. Has physical tools and Dawson has gotten the most of out QBs in his career

Also dad wearing the canes adidas is cool to see

Seems like a great kid and he wants to be a Cane. I'll be rooting for him every step of the way. With that said, he really should have been QB2 in this class.

Seems like a great kid and he wants to be a Cane. I'll be rooting for him every step of the way. With that said, he really should have been QB2 in this class.
he technically is, QB1 of this class is coming from the portal

think qb recruiting is something most need to rethink, especially with ~70%+ of 4/5 star qb's entering the portal at some point.

Advertisement
he technically is, QB1 of this class is coming from the portal

think qb recruiting is something most need to rethink, especially with ~70%+ of 4/5 star qb's entering the portal at some point.
Exactly! It’s virtually impossible to recruit elite HS QB’s unless you promise them the job and even then they still might leave. Why spend crazy NiL money on HS QB’s that have a 75% transfer rate. It just seems foolish.

Recruit developmental guys that will stay in the program and go portal for retread 5 star that inevitably leaves as a freshman/sophomore or get a one year rental.

I wouldn’t touch a highly rated HS QB in today’s landscape.

Listen Hold On GIF by Bounce

Hear me out.....

Dude, I've been wrong as much as the next guy. But if Judd Anderson ever takes snaps for Miami and plays at a higher level than Kirby Freeman and Tate Martell I will be surprised. If he can be better than Jarren Williams, Nkosi Perry and Malik Rosier, I will shocked ... floored even. But Bring It On.

Advertisement
Back