Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
First and foremost, he does what you want your 6’4” receiver to do: out jump the corner for the jump ball and catch with his hands. This is definitely a shot across Ladson’s bow. The staff definitely feels we still need that big body red zone threat. I’m curious how he runs. Most tall guys don’t have short area quickness but you want a guy who’s fast enough to get separation. Otherwise you’re just signing another Darrel Langham.
I agree. He was so successful manhandling little cb's that just throwing it up to him became a play. He not only plays tall he plays big. I'd keep him under 220lbs. If he can run about 4.5 or 6 he's going to be matchup problem.

242EFD7D-054F-4CE1-8038-17B1236A98E2.jpeg

Advertisement
6’4” and catches with his hands. Not much else to him, not much else needed. He isn’t The Answer but he can solve a question or two.
How do we know that? Highlights show a QB with questionable (at best) arm strength and Young has to stop and outjump the CB for almost every catch. Hearing some rumblings that he's a lot faster than the times being thrown around this thread.

Advertisement
How do we know that? Highlights show a QB with questionable (at best) arm strength and Young has to stop and outjump the CB for almost every catch. Hearing some rumblings that he's a lot faster than the times being thrown around this thread.
His ability to locate and catch the ball in tight coverage is much more important than his speed imo. We need someone who can make plays consistently. I'm not sure if it's gonna be this guy but he has great hops and hands. Like some of those big WR Clemson had going back years

Advertisement
His ability to locate and catch the ball in tight coverage is much more important than his speed imo. We need someone who can make plays consistently. I'm not sure if it's gonna be this guy but he has great hops and hands. Like some of those big WR Clemson had going back years
But what if he not only has hops and good hands but also much better speed than everyone here thinks? All of sudden, the tone in this thread changes and its not 10 pages but over the dreaded 50 page marker. Good thing we didn't have to worry about the 50 page jinx for Young.

Advertisement
Back