Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
So he would count in 22 not 23? I guess why not if that’s the case

Young said of the shift from 2023 to the 2022 class. "When I first got to Lackawanna, I was saying I was a qualifier, but they didn't know if the COVID waiver would work because I graduated in 2020, then I took a gap year and ended up at Lackawanna. But my GPA was high enough that I could be a qualifier."

Go Canes

Young said of the shift from 2023 to the 2022 class. "When I first got to Lackawanna, I was saying I was a qualifier, but they didn't know if the COVID waiver would work because I graduated in 2020, then I took a gap year and ended up at Lackawanna. But my GPA was high enough that I could be a qualifier."

Go Canes
If he’s part if 22 I’m cool with it.

Advertisement
100% agree as of right now. Could look very different in 3 months from now, especially after a few games. So much can change with a real staff. Hopefully it does.

Yep. Look at how much our offense changed last year as we went from King to TVD at QB. Adjust to your personnel, play to their strengths.

1655565266474.png

I think getting separation is the bigger problem for this group of WRs.

Hopefully Brinson and George take the next step.

Not really arguing, "separation" is an important skill that we can improve upon.

But all of the drops came in situations where we had adequate separation. We could get separation on every single play, but if the ball is dropped, separation means nothing.

If our WRs catch the ball FIRST, then we can turn our attention to improving separation enough to give them more opportunities to not drop the ball.

Go Canes

Some things stand out - great basketball player and a really good long jumper (24’+). Those are great attributes to have with a frame of 6-4, 215/220.

Advertisement
Some things stand out - great basketball player and a really good long jumper (24’+). Those are great attributes to have with a frame of 6-4, 215/220.
To address the elephant in the room… answering the question about his speed. I’m gonna say this. Idk his exact speed numbers, but I’ve coached enough high school track & field to know, that you can’t be slow and long jump that far. So if jit has honestly jumped 24’ in any high school track meet, he’s explosive and fast enough to play here.

Advertisement
To address the elephant in the room… answering the question about his speed. I’m gonna say this. Idk his exact speed numbers, but I’ve coached enough high school track & field to know, that you can’t be slow and long jump that far. So if jit has honestly jumped 24’ in any high school track meet, he’s explosive and fast enough to play here.

Yeah, I’m not super worried about straight line speed. As boundary WR, obviously it’s great if he has 4.4 speed but route running, hands, ability to excel in the red zone are all big(ger) factors to consider. And I’m sure his speed is fine although I would be curious what it is.

He’s fine off the line. A 6-5 receiver was just picked top 10 in this past draft and didn’t burst off the line. What matters is his ability to run routes at that size
I like Pickens whom the Steelers selected in R2 of the draft out of Georgia. His route running and footwork is phenomenal for a WR his size.

Advertisement
Back