JuCo RB Drew Harris

The comments after that 247 article imply this kid had some major knee injury. Anyone know what the deal with that is? If this kid is healthy and has grades this seems like a no brainer to me. Big back. Was a highly touted recruit. Sounds very interested. This is about as good as it gets for a plan B

Advertisement
I don't think his father played for the U. He has the same name, but I don't remember a player named Drew Harris.

Advertisement
Drew Harris was 4th string at ASA Jr College so getting a UM is not likely. An then throw in the knee injury and harris could be a walking liability that will not return to form in just 2 years at UM.

Here is his schools depth chart.
http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2013-14/teams/asacollege?view=lineup

There are better plan C high school options out there for UM such Gregory Howell, Marlon Mack, Daniel Gresham and Dandre Ferby.
Go Canes

Advertisement
FWIW, a long time poster on CS says he is good friends with this kid's position coach at ASA. Says that the kid did have a knee problem coming out of HS. Says the reason the kid wasnt starting was because he was basically freelancing and doing whatever he wanted on the field. Sounds like he was hotdogging and trying to do his own thing to make a name for himself, so the coaches busted him down until he got the message. Said that the kid did finally buy in and listened to the staff and once he did he was lights out, and that he was by far the most talented back at the school, was just his attitude early on that was holding him back. Dude says that he will commit on the spot if UM offers.

Drew Harris was 4th string at ASA Jr College so getting a UM is not likely. An then throw in the knee injury and harris could be a walking liability that will not return to form in just 2 years at UM.

Here is his schools depth chart.
http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2013-14/teams/asacollege?view=lineup

There are better plan C high school options out there for UM such Gregory Howell, Marlon Mack, Daniel Gresham and Dandre Ferby.
Go Canes

He was a backup at Juco one year , not a huge deal. I mean Lesean McCoy was a backup at prep , that really meant he was garbage.

Just like McCoy ......Harris was coming off an injury his Sr year, so he should be good to go by now. I'd definitely take him over Ferby, and it's not close.

FWIW, a long time poster on CS says he is good friends with this kid's position coach at ASA. Says that the kid did have a knee problem coming out of HS. Says the reason the kid wasnt starting was because he was basically freelancing and doing whatever he wanted on the field. Sounds like he was hotdogging and trying to do his own thing to make a name for himself, so the coaches busted him down until he got the message. Said that the kid did finally buy in and listened to the staff and once he did he was lights out, and that he was by far the most talented back at the school, was just his attitude early on that was holding him back. Dude says that he will commit on the spot if UM offers.

Here is an interesting article from last spring, where Harris states his ASA Coaches told him he didn't need a highlight reel for recruiting.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/06/rutgers_recruiting_rutgers_in.html

So I am thinking they hadn't planned on featuring to much, but rather using him to add depth. This strategy combined with the information above explains his lack of carries last fall at ASA. I also see that as a blessing because it also means his body would be fresh if he came to UM, not to mention it sounds like Harris has been humbled by his journey thus far.

I am now thinking the wait and see approach staff is taking with him is the best route for Harris's evaluation especially with the ACC rule that a JUCO transfer must have spent 3 consecutive semesters at a JUCO before gaining acceptance at a ACC school. I am thinking AG and staff may have given him some academic goals to meet by the end of the spring semester including earning his Associates.

If healthy and matured Harris could be just what the doctor ordered for UM to run a balanced offense if he can master his blocking assignments by fall camp.

Go Canes

Advertisement

Here is an interesting article from last spring, where Harris states his ASA Coaches told him he didn't need a highlight reel for recruiting.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/06/rutgers_recruiting_rutgers_in.html

So I am thinking they hadn't planned on featuring to much, but rather using him to add depth. This strategy combined with the information above explains his lack of carries last fall at ASA. I also see that as a blessing because it also means his body would be fresh if he came to UM, not to mention it sounds like Harris has been humbled by his journey thus far.

I am now thinking the wait and see approach staff is taking with him is the best route for Harris's evaluation especially with the ACC rule that a JUCO transfer must have spent 3 consecutive semesters at a JUCO before gaining acceptance at a ACC school. I am thinking AG and staff may have given him some academic goals to meet by the end of the spring semester including earning his Associates.

If healthy and matured Harris could be just what the doctor ordered for UM to run a balanced offense if he can master his blocking assignments by fall camp.

Go Canes

thanks DBC for keeping us up to date on the latest recruiting news, dont know how
i could get by without you...BTW

396.gif

Advertisement
Back