JUCO or SR transfer CB/S - we need to be looking

Young guys are going to have to step up. Hopefully Redwine proves himself this year, and has us excited about his Jr. season. Young will probably get his feet wet this year. Then well see if Jackson and Mayes can offer something by that time. Its not ideal but we got a big time CB class coming in. Deejay, Henderson, and Bandy so far. At least 1 of those guys is going to step up to the plate freshman year. I would feel a whole lot better if we grab a juco CB. If it doesnt look promising at that position through the course of the season, maybe 2.

Safety, I am a big Romeo Finley fan. Hopefully we can find some PT for him this year to get him prepped. I agree again, if the right player is available in juco, we should scoop him up.

O line is the other question mark. We only lose Isadora after this year, and i expect Navaughn to come in and replace him, but we need to be searching for instant contributors. If our talent/depth their matched the d line, wed be talking championship this year.

Isn't Deejay gonna play wr?

Not next year. We will be very thin at CB and he is an early enrollee so he could potentially make an immediate impact there. I wish we could get Henderson, Edwards, and Bandy in early too. Deejay said he plans to start at CB and then he would like to play both ways, but we'll see.

Advertisement
I'm amped about this season, but thinking about recruiting need, it sure seems to me like we need to be going hard after a JUCO or grad transfer LB.

Who replaces Jermaine Grace for this season?

Probably even scarier depth there, and again not sure you can count on McCray, Gordinier, Smith, or a banged up Owens. The newcomer McCloud might be the best fit there but he is a true freshman which would give us 3 true freshman starting at LB.

The defense should be stacked to the gills in 2017, but these spots are worrisome due to the gap from Golden's giveup seasons and Richt's first class. We got some holes.

FIFY

Wish we would have taken Jhavonte Dean.

Played with Ced, Dionte, Bandy, Burns, Ivey all in little league together.

Young guys are going to have to step up. Hopefully Redwine proves himself this year, and has us excited about his Jr. season. Young will probably get his feet wet this year. Then well see if Jackson and Mayes can offer something by that time. Its not ideal but we got a big time CB class coming in. Deejay, Henderson, and Bandy so far. At least 1 of those guys is going to step up to the plate freshman year. I would feel a whole lot better if we grab a juco CB. If it doesnt look promising at that position through the course of the season, maybe 2.

Safety, I am a big Romeo Finley fan. Hopefully we can find some PT for him this year to get him prepped. I agree again, if the right player is available in juco, we should scoop him up.

O line is the other question mark. We only lose Isadora after this year, and i expect Navaughn to come in and replace him, but we need to be searching for instant contributors. If our talent/depth their matched the d line, wed be talking championship this year.

Isn't Deejay gonna play wr?

Yes and no, he'll probably have the chance to play both

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lots of delusional posters in here.

How about we see how 2016 goes and how Finley, Wright, Young, James, Knowles, and Redwine do before crying that you have "no faith" in anyone but Jaquan. Jfc

This.

I've met folks like these - they're happiest when they're unhappy. Can't see the sunshine for the blinding light.

Golden broke these panty-boys in good.

We got some good guys - but rather than be grateful for what we have, let us twist and moan, engage in weeping and gnashing of teeth over the fact that we're not three deep in five stars.

Enjoy your misery.

Advertisement
Back