JUCO DT pursuit

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
I feel very strongly about Miami’s chances with JUCO DT Jared Goldwire, who officially visited Miami on the weekend of their win against Notre Dame.

Goldwire is most likely a January enrollee.

Advertisement
Need big bodies. Especially if RJ and Norton bolt for the league

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With that being said, the underlying message is Norton is 100% gone.

To be honest, I’m not even mad because he is vastly overrated as a player. He has all the measurables but he doesn’t play to them like he should on a consistent basis.

Advertisement

To be honest, I’m not even mad because he is vastly overrated as a player. He has all the measurables but he doesn’t play to them like he should on a consistent basis.

What’s transcendent about his measurables?

If we take him that means norton and mcintosh are gone or nah?

I'm no insider. I don't think taking a JUCO DT is contingent on McIntosh and Norton staying. We need bodies down there in the trenches. This year we've been rolling out McIntosh, Norton, Bethel and Moten (Ford's been getting garbage time).

To be truly great, I think you need 3-deep at the position. But this also fills the need in the event that McIntosh and/or Norton leave. You need someone who you can plug in right away. With Willis, he's been inconsistent throughout the year despite his high ceiling.

I don't think Norton at all is overrated. But I don't think he's good enough to say I'm dipping out to the NFL like McIntosh.

After yesterday though and how they got pushed around by Clemson's O-line, I would seriously reconsider going to the NFL.

I'm no insider. I don't think taking a JUCO DT is contingent on McIntosh and Norton staying. We need bodies down there in the trenches. This year we've been rolling out McIntosh, Norton, Bethel and Moten (Ford's been getting garbage time).

To be truly great, I think you need 3-deep at the position. But this also fills the need in the event that McIntosh and/or Norton leave. You need someone who you can plug in right away. With Willis, he's been inconsistent throughout the year despite his high ceiling.

I don't think Norton at all is overrated. But I don't think he's good enough to say I'm dipping out to the NFL like McIntosh.

After yesterday though and how they got pushed around by Clemson's O-line, I would seriously reconsider going to the NFL.

Mcintosh will be fine, Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson showed up for sure yesterday. Is it me or after the Trent Harris fumble recovery I don’t he played much or i must have missed him

Advertisement
We definitely need real DT’s, not converted DE’s. We need SEC quality type DT’s. Every game we get gashed with the run. No push up the middle except on passing downs. We need some road graters on the OL too. Can’t run block or pass block.

the amount of DL they trying to bring in dont mean anything. RJ is probably gone. maybe norton but regardless Kool loves to play alot of guys.

Mcintosh will be fine, Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson showed up for sure yesterday. Is it me or after the Trent Harris fumble recovery I don’t he played much or i must have missed him

We didn't really get into the backfield until midway through the 3rd quarter; or at least not as much as we usually do. But Harris was out there quite a bit.

McIntosh is the only guy that could make a case for leaving early.

We definitely need real DT’s, not converted DE’s. We need SEC quality type DT’s. Every game we get gashed with the run. No push up the middle except on passing downs. We need some road graters on the OL too. Can’t run block or pass block.

RJ McIntosh is a converted de and he’s the best dt we have had in over 10 years

Advertisement
Advertisement

RJ McIntosh is a converted de and he’s the best dt we have had in over 10 years

Not saying much...RJ is a good player but you have to be blind not to see the difference between our DL and a good SEC team or Clemson’s DL. Our guys can pass rush but we cannot stop 3rd and 1 if our life depended on it.

We're in trouble at DT next year and probably the year after. You can't neglect the position for 2 years like we have. Stupid. "But Kuligowski...." No. We ****ed up.

Now here comes the posters who trash our players.

Advertisement
Back