JUCO DT pursuit

We definitely need real DT’s, not converted DE’s. We need SEC quality type DT’s. Every game we get gashed with the run. No push up the middle except on passing downs. We need some road graters on the OL too. Can’t run block or pass block.

I don't know how anyone would disagree with this after watching last nights game.

Advertisement
This the reason why Coach Kul need to recruit in house, he needs to fight to get RJ and Norton to stay for their last year!! With those 2 back next year, makes Miami DEFENSE one of the best in the country..

when your offense can mount a drive and your punter shanks every other punt, chances are you will get tired

"We need DT's, We need DT's!!"

*we get a DT*

"I don't like him"

Our fans are a trip lol

Good news. Heck, bring in a second JUCO DLman while we're at it.
Also, it wouldn't upset me to see "JUCO OL pursuit" thread.

Advertisement
I think replacing Chad will be the tougher task, great run defender & good pass rusher

I think replacing Chad will be the tougher task, great run defender & good pass rusher

If Norton and McIntosh actually came back I would love to see McIntosh start in Chad’s place. I think he’s a similar athlete but a better player. Then we would have Willis inside at his spot. Might be a better lineup actually. Chad is a great player but his production has never been great. I think he’s a better pro than a college player bc idk if anybody has been held more than him over the last 4 years in cfb history.

If Norton and McIntosh actually came back I would love to see McIntosh start in Chad’s place. I think he’s a similar athlete but a better player. Then we would have Willis inside at his spot. Might be a better lineup actually. Chad is a great player but his production has never been great. I think he’s a better pro than a college player bc idk if anybody has been held more than him over the last 4 years in cfb history.

DJ is perfect for that spot imo

Advertisement

DJ is perfect for that spot imo

I agree but idk if he starts next year regardless after hardly playing a down this year. I wonder if they start Garvin and move Joe over. Depends on how much bigger Garvin gets bc he looks to have insane natural strength.

Plus, it would be excellent having both Garvin and DJ Johnson as the #2 ’s. That gets us a lot closer to where we need to be versus relying on him to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 DTs in this class sounds about right.

If Goldwire truly weighs in the 280-285 range right now, he really needs to put on a few at 6'7". That's a bit light.

Not sure of the last time we got a player from Washington state.

I feel very strongly about Miami’s chances with JUCO DT Jared Goldwire, who officially visited Miami on the weekend of their win against Notre Dame.

Goldwire is most likely a January enrollee.

Great news, we need big bodies. We have to dominate the trenches if we ever want to be in the playoffs.

We're in trouble at DT next year and probably the year after. You can't neglect the position for 2 years like we have. Stupid. "But Kuligowski...." No. We ****ed up.

I sort of think the same. Kool is a fantastic developer of talent. But even he needs some raw material to work with. It just seems we needed bigger numbers in both the '16 and '17 classes on the DL, especially at DT.

Advertisement
WE definitely need more dogs in the trenches. Clemson showed us that in a major way yesterday when they owned us in the trenches.

Problem is it’s such an incredibly tough position to evaluate, and I don’t trust the Star game at all at DT or OL. I’ve seen way too many 4 and 5 Star pvssies bust at those spots over the years. That’s why you absolutely need great evaluators and coaches at those two positions more than anywhere else.

Advertisement
A 6’7 DT with knee problems? I’ll trust the take. But I’m still going to need at least one more.

WE definitely need more dogs in the trenches. Clemson showed us that in a major way yesterday when they owned us in the trenches.

Problem is it’s such an incredibly tough position to evaluate, and I don’t trust the Star game at all at DT or OL. I’ve seen way too many 4 and 5 Star pvssies bust at those spots over the years. That’s why you absolutely need great evaluators and coaches at those two positions more than anywhere else.

Amen to that. Give me mean mother ****ers.

We're in trouble at DT next year and probably the year after. You can't neglect the position for 2 years like we have. Stupid. "But Kuligowski...." No. We ****ed up.

Were in trouble because 2 guys are leaving that shouldn’t be. Norton, Willis, McIntosh, Bethel, Ford, Nesta, Goldwire, Dj Johnson would be excellent.

Yes - that's part of being a top 10 team in college football. Everyone has known Willis was a ticking timebomb and everyone has known Norton/McIntosh were potential early entry guys for well over a year now.

And, by the time Nesta and Ford get coached up it looks like we're well on our way to having the same problems with linebacker, so there's that.

Advertisement
Back