JUCO DL Ufomba Kamalu visiting this weekend

All you have to do is look at the San Francisco 49er's starting qb and backup qb to see that a lot of players fall through the cracks.
Kapaernick had one offer to Nevada and he probably got that on a dare from the coach's. Something like, "We'll offer you a scholarship if you show us how committed you are by tattooing every part of your body below the neck."
Alex Smith was the #1 pick in the draft out of Utah St.or Utah, I don't remember. My point on him is do you think he was highly recruited coming out of high school? Guy went to play in a State that looks down upon premarital ***.

The one thing that excites me about guys like this guy Kamalu and other guys like Figueroa, Odogwu, Bond etc., is that our coaches are not relying on the recruiting services and trying to sign entitled prima donnas, but are looking for guys that not only have the physical attributes they are looking for but most importantly have the hunger and the passion to work their asses off to be great instead of relying solely on talent.
We've seen too many nationally touted recruits fall flat on their asses in the past decade.
I'm not saying we go get 25 Rudy Rudigger's, but I'm all for getting physical specimens who would literally cross oceans to succeed.

Advertisement
Interesting that we'd take a kid like this knowing we have potential scholarship reductions right around the corner and can't afford to miss or waste scholarships

6'6" 270lbs 4.65 40 yard time and on his highlights he looks like Demarcus Ware?
How does a player like this slip so far under the radar that only a few people have even heard of him?
On his tape the guy looks like Jadaveon Clowney.
Doesn't look like a plan B guy but an unearthed diamond.

Pls don't say you're comparing this unknown recruit to two once in a decade players.

By the way, Ware wasn't exactly a top recruit before he went to college. Where did he play? Troy?
Same as Cameron Wake. How about Elvis Dumervil? The list is long and prestigious when it comes to NFL stars
who came out of nowhere through their whole careers to prove people wrong.
My favorite of all time Kurt Warner. Tony Romo.
Look at our Cane greats like Maryland, The Tez, Dorsey etc.,

The percentages of any recruit becoming a once in a decade type player are infinitesimally small. And those ridiculously small percentages are even smaller for an unknown recruit who gets an OV out of nowhere on the eve of signing day.

Interesting that we'd take a kid like this knowing we have potential scholarship reductions right around the corner and can't afford to miss or waste scholarships

because when you are on schollie reductions better too miss in the trenches OL/DL then anywhere else. Those two positions you have to over recruit always... OL/DT are the positions in recruiting where 2 and 3 star kids you have no idea because lineman take time to develop with maturity and experience. Look at guys like Franklin,Horn 2 star OL into all acc performers. Most of the guys you see drafted high in the draft believe it or not were 2 and 3 star ol/dl coming out of high school.

6'6" 270lbs 4.65 40 yard time and on his highlights he looks like Demarcus Ware?
How does a player like this slip so far under the radar that only a few people have even heard of him?

Pls don't say you're comparing this unknown recruit to two once in a decade players.

By the way, Ware wasn't exactly a top recruit before he went to college. Where did he play? Troy?
Same as Cameron Wake. How about Elvis Dumervil? The list is long and prestigious when it comes to NFL stars

Lulz you are missing the point.

The point is you are a ****tard for comparing this guy to Jadeveon Clowney or Demarcus Ware, ESPECIALLY if your comparison is based on this highlight tape. I mean, come on man. You can't compare any other guy Miami is recruiting to the only other 2 defensive ends you've heard of... Nothing in that tape remotely reminds me nor should it remind anybody of Demarcus Ware. SMH...

I'm not saying the guy is a no good son of a **** but honestly, come on man...

This.

Advertisement
Why do people try Gunter all the time? He was arguably the best corner but some have him as just " ok " and losing his job.

I bet if he was a four star he'd get more love and be considered a stud.

Rangy dude with a bad attitude. He'll cover you, and he'll strike you. You're right about the star sh*t. People sleep on Gunter because he wasn't all that highly sought after.

Golden found some 2 star gem about the same size 6'5 280 at DT coming out of high school. some guy named Muhammad Wilkerson 1st round pick by the jets last year and should be in the pro bowl this year one of the best young DT in the NFL right now

The percentages of any recruit becoming a once in a decade type player are infinitesimally small. And those ridiculously small percentages are even smaller for an unknown recruit who gets an OV out of nowhere on the eve of signing day.

Obviously.
One thing I was just thinking about when I went to go get a pack of smokes is this whole "once in a decade" label and how accurate that is.
Seems to me that every year there are once in a decade type of recruits.
Obviously Demarcus Ware and a huge percentage of "once in a decade" type NFL players were not highly recruited high school players.
I'm not saying all of them but I bet if you looked at the NFL all decade teams through the years it's probably split right down the middle with top high school talent versus high school nobodies.

I'm just throwing this against the wall, but maybe the coach's and administration have already dissected the NOA and realized that potential scholarship reductions are not necessarily a certainty.

Advertisement
The fallacy with the Demarcus Ware comparison is that you're comparing Kamala to Ware as an NFL Pro Bowl player and then saying Ware wasn't highly recruited either. You didn't know anything about Ware when he was coming out of HS, and that would be the comparison you would need to make.

I'm assuming he would play a lot of two gap, 5 technique. Doesn't really have even the burst of a 3 technique like Keith Bryant, but he's athletic and long. At 6'5 and 280 he would almost surely line up over the tackle.

Well I am thinking they want him as a Strong Side DE so he can set the EDge similar to a Stephen Tuitt at ND or like Alvin Bailey Did at the U. Not a Sack machine but a run stuffing man that would turn the play back inside to the the pursuit. Also tall enough to knock down those quick slants and Bubble screen passes.

Go Canes

I'm just throwing this against the wall, but maybe the coach's and administration have already dissected the NOA and realized that potential scholarship reductions are not necessarily a certainty.

Rude, you're throwing a ton of **** at the wall in this thread. You've covered the walls of this thread with ****. We are getting a scholarship haircut. How many? Who knows? But we are getting some.

Advertisement

First, we're not certain that Al offered him a scholarship yet. Second, if he does offer him, then you can be pretty certain he doesn't see Kamala as the slug that you guys see him as.

I agree with you.

Signed,

The following 2013 NFL Hall of Fame Finalists.

Aeneas Williams, Southern University
Michael Strahan, Texas Southern University
Warren Sapp, The U
Andre Reed, Kutztown
Charles Haley, James Madison
Larry Allen, Sonoma State

The fallacy with the Demarcus Ware comparison is that you're comparing Kamala to Ware as an NFL Pro Bowl player and then saying Ware wasn't highly recruited either. You didn't know anything about Ware when he was coming out of HS, and that would be the comparison you would need to make.

I know that Ware went to school at Troy. I know that Jason Taylor went to school at Akron.
I know that if you go to school for football at Troy over even a middle of the road football school then odds are pretty good you were not highly regarded coming out of high school.

Advertisement

I agree with you.

Signed,

The following 2013 NFL Hall of Fame Finalists.

Aeneas Williams, Southern University
Michael Strahan, Texas Southern University
Warren Sapp, The U
Andre Reed, Kutztown
Charles Haley, James Madison
Larry Allen, Sonoma State

Christ...

Simple math lesson for you. There are 85 scholarship players on a Division 1 roster. There are 125 teams in College Football. I'll allow you to do the rest for yourself.

Obviously.
One thing I was just thinking about when I went to go get a pack of smokes is this whole "once in a decade" label and how accurate that is.
Seems to me that every year there are once in a decade type of recruits.
Obviously Demarcus Ware and a huge percentage of "once in a decade" type NFL players were not highly recruited high school players.
I'm not saying all of them but I bet if you looked at the NFL all decade teams through the years it's probably split right down the middle with top high school talent versus high school nobodies.

No. There are not recruits every year that turn into multiple-year pro bowl selections. Demarcus ware has been a sack machine stud year after year. While it's a stretch to make that type of prediction for a college player - not to mention an f'n high school kid - but jadeveon appears to have all the makings of that type of player as well.

I hope golden has found a diamond in the rough, but knowing nothing about the kid other than his highlight tape that you just viewed, and comparing him to Demarcus ware and jadeveon clowney obliterates your credibility, given the odds against him reaching the talent of either of those guys.

Rude, you're throwing a ton of **** at the wall in this thread. You've covered the walls of this thread with ****. We are getting a scholarship haircut. How many? Who knows? But we are getting some.

I know. And I was going to leave this thread alone a while back but I'm a little bored today and some poster called me a ******* ****** and I know that i did do some ******* earlier this morning and that I may be an idiot but I'm not a ******, at least not a full ******.

As for the scholarships, Objectively speaking I'd say that's up in the air.
It's all about the NOA and our rebuttal. As with anything in the law or in life, it's not what you think but what you can prove and I haven't seen much proof other then the players' culpability in taking the suspensions and restitution, that would make me believe we are going to get hammered.

I know that Ware went to school at Troy. I know that Jason Taylor went to school at Akron.
I know that if you go to school for football at Troy over even a middle of the road football school then odds are pretty good you were not highly regarded coming out of high school.

Ok genius. How many Demarcus ware level talents have come out of Troy in the last decade? Or Akron?

Those guys are the exception that proves the rule, just like Jerry rice from miss valley state.

Advertisement
Back