2024 Juan Minaya OL from NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 3.30.02 PM.png

I’m also feeling good about where Miami stands with Paramus (NJ) Catholic offensive lineman Juan Minaya. I’ve felt like the Hurricanes have been the team to beat there and I think his return visit this weekend went a long way and put Miami in a spot where they could be tough to top. - InsideTheU

Advertisement
Does track and bball. Just started playing when he was 14 and just got to Paramus Catholic; he was at Belleville so likely got no coaching there, also Very very little camp and very very little “real training”

He needs some work in the weight room, but he’s got the attitude and feet to be a high level P5 starter with some technique and work.

We have the coaching staff to maximize this kid.

Minaya will be in this class.

Mike Williams is being pressed pretty hard by Maryland. He’s also a recruit who’s going to blow up over the summer if he camps.

I think he has slow feet. I didn't like that part of his game on tape.

Having a class like last years OL class is a bit unrealistic,

Not only unrealistic, but technically impossible as of today. There is only one 5-star OL in the country according to the current composite. It's Brandon Baker and we're in it for him.

Seriously, last year was insane. Getting two 5-stars in your class is an accomplishment, let alone two at the same position. The OL ratings are all over the place right now, its such a hard position to evaluate, I'd trust a blindfolded Mario and Mirabal over the website guys there.

Last edited:
Not only unrealistic, but technically impossible as of today. There is only one 5-star OL in the country according to the current composite. It's Brandon Baker and we're in it for him.

Seriously, last year was insane. Getting two 5-stars in your class is an accomplishment, let alone two at the same position. The OL ratings are all over the place right now, its such a hard position to evaluate, I'd trust a blindfolded Mario and Mirabal over the website guys there.
This and last year we could basically promise Francis and Pancake a starting spot or immediate playing time.

Advertisement
Posting in this before this guy commits. He might soon. Just like Humphrey-Wheatley and Dylan Day recently, maybe even Judd for a minute before they committed, 247 has no rating for this kid, yet he has 16 offers from major schools, from all power 5 conferences except pac 12. Im posting this to say, these 247 guys hearing he gonna commit soon and randomly jamming a 86 3 star rating on a kid doesnt make it true and means u man should not be on here trashing everybody, the staff and recruit. That staff is ahead of these guys, they are not plan B end of the cycle pick up. @DMoney and @Cribby said it. They are scouted and targeted. Late in the cycle teams are gonna come after all of them and these early priority we placed on them will pay off like last cycle with Kinsler, Bobby Wash etc, even when u struggling on the field. These players to a 1, have high ceilings

I think he has slow feet. I didn't like that part of his game on tape.

Are you looking at game speed? Or at the pace he moves relative to his size on the field vs the other?

For example, Kirkland last year looked like molasses in his game film, but he usually one of the biggest guys on the field. When he came to Miami in March/April last year, they ran him thru some drills and he timed really well.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back