2024 Juan Minaya OL from NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
24 OL Juan Minaya (NJ) has had an offer for ~1 year and is coming to Junior day

Advertisement
Paramus Catholic is a powerhouse always producing good players. It’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out.
We were when Chris Partridge was a coach. Now it's Bergen Catholic running the state with Campanile's brother coaching. Paramus still gets the occasional player. We will see in the next few years with the new coach Greg Russo who was the OC for Partridge and are good friends. It will be hard to get Minaya if Michigan offers.

We were when Chris Partridge was a coach. Now it's Bergen Catholic running the state with Campanile's brother coaching. Paramus still gets the occasional player. We will see in the next few years with the new coach Greg Russo who was the OC for Partridge and are good friends. It will be hard to get Minaya if Michigan offers.
Why Michigan?

Advertisement
Junior Day feedback from 247

“It’s been great,” Minaya told InsideTheU. “Coach Cristobal, Coach Mirabal, I like the campus, I like the school. It’s a good spot.”

The lineman was on hand to watch Miami go through its first spring practice.

“High intensity. No walking on the field. They each got each others back. They’re all running it really well and Coach Mirabal is a really good coach. I like how Coach Cristobal is involved with the offensive line,” Minaya said.

“They’ve done a really good job. They’ve definitely done the best in recruiting me and they’re doing a really good job, so I felt the need and I felt very welcomed to come down here and it’s been a great experience,” Minaya said.

The plan is for Minaya to eventually get back down to Miami, potentially for an official visit.

“They really like me, so I’m definitely going to come back.”

SI article on the official visit booked For June 22-24

Last edited:
Advertisement

Miami is gearing up for their spring game on Friday night in Fort Lauderdale.

After hosting a number of elite prospects and top targets over the course of the last 40 days or so, the Hurricanes will get some more key recruits to Broward County for the showcase.

One name along the offensive line expected in is Paramus (NJ) Catholic’s Juan Minaya, who was at Miami in early March. The 6-foot-6, 315-pounder also has an official visit set up with the Hurricanes for what is shaping up to be a big June 23 weekend. Minaya will also be at Miami's final practice on Thursday.

When InsideTheU spoke with Minaya at the beginning of spring, he said that Miami was the school doing the best job recruiting him. Duke and Maryland are a few more Minaya has since scheduled official visits with.

“They’ve done a really good job. They’ve definitely done the best in recruiting me and they’re doing a really good job, so I felt the need and I felt very welcomed to come down here and it’s been a great experience,” Minaya said.

Miami is gearing up for their spring game on Friday night in Fort Lauderdale.

After hosting a number of elite prospects and top targets over the course of the last 40 days or so, the Hurricanes will get some more key recruits to Broward County for the showcase.

One name along the offensive line expected in is Paramus (NJ) Catholic’s Juan Minaya, who was at Miami in early March. The 6-foot-6, 315-pounder also has an official visit set up with the Hurricanes for what is shaping up to be a big June 23 weekend. Minaya will also be at Miami's final practice on Thursday.

When InsideTheU spoke with Minaya at the beginning of spring, he said that Miami was the school doing the best job recruiting him. Duke and Maryland are a few more Minaya has since scheduled official visits with.

Cane

Advertisement
I trust Mario and Mirabal on OL evals. That said, why is our comp for this kid Duke and Maryland?

I trust Mario and Mirabal on OL evals. That said, why is our comp for this kid Duke and Maryland?
He’s not rated on 24/7 or ESPN for some reason. But is a mid 3 star on Rivals and On3. Maybe he hasn’t done camps?

Advertisement
He needs some work in the weight room, but he’s got the attitude and feet to be a high level P5 starter with some technique and work.

We have the coaching staff to maximize this kid.

Minaya will be in this class.

Mike Williams is being pressed pretty hard by Maryland. He’s also a recruit who’s going to blow up over the summer if he camps.

Our staff is doing real eval, i trust them blindly with OL. They either get dudes who are prototypical size, particularly height or if not they are insanely strong and quick like Pierre Louis. I think other schools watch who they offer on the OL and then follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back