2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Any word on him making a trip back for spring practices? I know there was rumors he was interested in doing so after he OV'd.

Advertisement
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
That’s what I told her about her snapper BOSS

Advertisement
Disagree on a step in and play. Would need a year
Even though he's signing an LOI late, he could still attend summer classes and fall camp this year as well as the 2022 season. The 2022 season would be that year.

If not, there's not many good options for 2023. I haven't seen many good LTs in the portal the last two years. (Maybe Tommy Kennedy left a bad taste in my mouth.)

Even though he's signing an LOI late, he could still attend summer classes and fall camp this year as well as the 2022 season. The 2022 season would be that year.

If not, there's not many good options for 2023. I haven't seen many good LTs in the portal the last two years. (Maybe Tommy Kennedy left a bad taste in my mouth.)
Ohh we need him, I’m just saying very unlikely he starts over Zion in year 1.

The Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2022 might not be quite done.

Well, at least that’s what the Canes hope.

2022 Seattle (Wash.) Rainier Beach High School 5-star OT

Josh Conerly, Jr. put off signing in February so he can take visits to Oregon and USC this month.

CaneSport spoke with Conerly’s father, Josh Sr., for the latest on the thinking with the high priority lineman.
“We will be on two more officials - Oregon March 11-13 and then USC the 25th to 27th,” Josh, Sr. said. “There’s not an exact date he’ll announce, but I’d say before April.”
In other words, soon after that USC visit.
And while there’s some recent speculation that USC might be the team to beat, dad says that’s not the case. After these final two visits the family will sit down, Josh Jr. will go over the pros and cons of each and make a decision.
icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

moqsviddtfa8bjhwozhn

NATL
ST
POS
JOSH
CONERLY JR.

UNDECIDED
6'6" | 275 LBS | OT | 2022
RAINIER BEACH
SEATTLE, WA

“All five that he took officials to (including Miami, Michigan and Oklahoma) are in it,” dad said, adding of UM that “Miami’s still pretty high. Joshua speaks highly of the visit, really had a great time with the relationships he has with (Mario) Cristobal and (Alex) Mirabal and the addition of (Josh) Gattis coming in. It’s positives all the way around.”
Josh, Sr., says Cane coaches are in a group chat with the family and that “It’s been consistent, a daily thing.”
“It’s Cristobal, Mirabal, Gattis - we have a pretty good relationship with Gattis from him being at Michigan. He’s pretty excited and fired up about the opportunity at Miami,” dad said. “We got to know him pretty well. Joshua was in contact with coach Gattis quite a bit being the offensive coordinator at Michigan and just with how much they did put into their line there. He’s a good guy.”
CaneSport’s take
Miami’s still very much in this but has to weather these last two visits. We also asked dad if he’d be surprised if the Canes wind up the pick in the end. “I mean, I wouldn’t, but I put this all in Joshua’s hands,” Josh, Sr., said. “I told him this is all about you, your life and we’ll be there to support you. When we talk he’s sort of quiet, but I think this will be 100 percent his decision. I know Miami’s across the country, but I’ve spent a lot of time with him and I’ll trust him no matter where he goes. He'll be okay in Miami if he chooses to go there.”
You never know what is actually going on behind the scenes but this kid's dad seems real solid. The kind of parent you'd want as a recruit and the kind of parent you'd want to deal with as a coach recruiting his kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Break away opportunity and didn't throw down a dunk. Do not want.
I had a dream last night I was chilling with the Connerly family and they picked Miami because of me😂😂😂😂. Worst Part? I threw up the U with the kid on national television and my only thought was "I cant wait to tell Canesinsight". It's like I became a reverse Moe LMAO.

I had a dream last night I was chilling with the Connerly family and they picked Miami because of me😂😂😂😂. Worst Part? I threw up the U with the kid on national television and my only thought was "I cant wait to tell Canesinsight". It's like I became a reverse Moe LMAO.
How much did you get paid?

Advertisement
Took his official to Oregon this weekend. Spent most of the time with Lanning and Adrian Klemm. Seemed to enjoy it but didn’t rave about it.

Takes final OV to USC at end of March.

Biggest news: No longer saying is commitment timeline is end of March. Says he will commit when he feels ready.

Took his official to Oregon this weekend. Spent most of the time with Lanning and Adrian Klemm. Seemed to enjoy it but didn’t rave about it.

Takes final OV to USC at end of March.

Biggest news: No longer saying is commitment timeline is end of March. Says he will commit when he feels ready.
I may be wrong, but I thought 4/1 was the last day for the 2022 class to sign.

Advertisement
Back