2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Advertisement
Cookie Monster GIF
Destroy Sesame Street GIF by Rachael Ray Show

Advertisement
CIS at its best. All the local stud football keyboard experts know better than the best OL coach in college football 🤣

It’s probably just a motivational tool for Zion to get his *** in shape before spring ball.

Funny thing, I worked in Arlington national cemetery for three years as a firing party commander for full honors funerals. 21 gun salute and all. It was a great and honorable job, and I got to work parts of president Bush and Senator Mccains funerals. Anyhow, in one of the newer sections, there is a Vietnam air force vet buried there along with two other air force vets. I have no idea who they are or what they accomplished, but their 3 epitaphs read, from left to right, Air Commando, The Hammer, and Master Blaster. Your name reminded me of these three badasses.
That's awesome, thank you for your service as well as those three and the others that have served and sacrificed.

Advertisement
CIS at its best. All the local stud football keyboard experts know better than the best OL coach in college football 🤣

It’s probably just a motivational tool for Zion to get his *** in shape before spring ball.
I watch YouTube highlights which makes me an expert in breaking down film and evaluating.
jesus GIF

Advertisement
IMO if you told me I could only have one or the other, give me this kid all day long.
Interesting. I honestly don't know much about Conerly's game other than his rating and what people have said about him because he was never a viable option for us until Mario got here so I never looked into him. Stewart for me is a different story because I've been following him for years and he was one of my favorite recruits this cycle which made the ATM thing sting that much more.

I know Mario is a beast on the trail but a kid like Conerly who is from Seattle is going to be an extremely tough pull. I know that he has a great relationship with coach Cristobal and coach Mirabal and that is extremely important especially in a long distance situation like this. Is there any sense of what type of chance we have here?

Advertisement
Funny thing, I worked in Arlington national cemetery for three years as a firing party commander for full honors funerals. 21 gun salute and all. It was a great and honorable job, and I got to work parts of president Bush and Senator Mccains funerals. Anyhow, in one of the newer sections, there is a Vietnam air force vet buried there along with two other air force vets. I have no idea who they are or what they accomplished, but their 3 epitaphs read, from left to right, Air Commando, The Hammer, and Master Blaster. Your name reminded me of these three badasses.
Wow! There really are some bad assed people with some cool *** jobs on these boards.

I know Mario is a beast on the trail but a kid like Conerly who is from Seattle is going to be an extremely tough pull. I know that he has a great relationship with coach Cristobal and coach Mirabal and that is extremely important especially in a long distance situation like this. Is there any sense of what type of chance we have here?
on the most recent Inside the U podcast, David Lake basically said the word he is getting from Miami is that they don't really have a strong feeling what's happening here. they feel like they're in good position but that he could just as easily pick Michigan, Oregon, Oklahoma, USC. I believe they said he still is going to take Oregon and USC visits, and Washington was also mentioned as potentially getting a visit. we're going to have to hold off strong west coast recruiters who will be getting the final visits, so at the very least there's going to be new info that comes in that will be more relevant than whatever info people have now. at worst, it might be a Dave Iuli sequel where seeing a school closer to home wins out at the end.

Lake also pointed out that Mario had a track record of starting 5 star OL as true freshmen at Alabama (Cam Robinson, Jonah Williams), and he seemed pretty confident that Conerly would have a really strong chance of starting as a TF at Miami, though most likely at RT or somewhere inside as opposed to taking Zion's spot as has been discussed in this thread.

"The 15 days of Hurricanes spring practice begin on Monday, March 7 and conclude with the spring game on April 16."

I'd have the entire staff, and then some on his doorstep at midnight on March 1, and I'd go to FAO Schwartz and buy a jack in the box and have Mirabal pop out of it at 12:01am.

I'd wrap the PJ with his HS colors and put his jersey # on the tail.

I'd buy five billboards between his house and HS touting the U.

I'd go all in.

To me it's as simple as Nelson would be better at guard than Scaife, and Scaife has started 19 games at tackle and could absolutely hold down LT. Our interior OL play has been so bad the past few years that I just don't see what there is to lose in giving it a shot. We've stunk at running the ball with Nelson at LT these past few years because he's had no help at guard. Well guess what? He still has no help at guard unless you have blind faith in the midgets brought here by Diaz.

LT is the most important position because they protect a QB's blindside, and Scaife could do that just fine while we upgrade at guard with Nelson. Kind of like when Darling and McDermott flipped positions in 2017 because Darling was better equipped to tussle with DTs.
Rok, you've got to be trolling! My daughter watched a couple of games with me and actually asked why Scaife seemed to be blocking no one on several occasions as DT's and DE's ran right past him. She asked what his job was supposed to be.

Advertisement
Back