2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Hopefully there is at least one more inbound portal OT to come between now and August. We have no OTs after Zion who are reliable, and at least a couple who look like outbound portal candidates. I know we can go to Scaife and Justice if Campbell busts and they're needed, but would like a higher graded true OT:

Campbell (OG/OT hybrid)
Scaife (OG/OT hybrid)
Oluwaseun (OG/OT hybrid)
Washington
Walker
McLaughlin
Hillery
+ Freshmen
Agreed RT is number one on my portal wish list

Advertisement
But Austin was a first rounder. He turned to **** in Miami but he got to the spot with USC that every recruit wants to get to.
the oline coach when he was in school there was Clay McGuire. he's in Washington st now.
Penei Sewell was drafted #7 overall & we have the coaches responsible for that.

Advertisement
Both have advantages. If there was a negative, it would be distance. If there is a positive, it's OL coaching along with PT. I really hope we get this guy. I'd imagine he would start as a freshman.
The point isn't what's perceived as positives or negatives. The point is no one on here or atleast 99.999% of them don't know these kids or anything about them. They have no personal knowledge at all when it related to these kids nor what matters to them. Yet every single time there's a kid who could really help this program, a good chunk of people have to chime in on here about the certainty that the kid ISN'T going to come here... Agreed with the last staph there was certain factors that made it really likely we wouldn't get certain kids unless they were locals. THAT IS NO LONGER OUR REALITY... We have legit shots with anyone we throw out hat in the ring with now. Does that mean we're going to land anyone we want? Logically speaking, obviously not. However no need to be so **** pessimistic all the time.

And you think that why? Just would love to hear your perspective

A lot tougher to get guys across the country plus he’s still going to be using the rest of his visits.Usually when Miami doesn’t get the last visit before signing it doesn’t bode well. USC seems to have all the momentum for the West Coast team and will be one of his last visits.

What Miami has in their favor is Mario and Maribel have probably been recruiting this kid for years and most of the schools in his final group have either new HC or OCs so it’s a wash there for everyone.

I’m more than happy with what Mario’s done recruiting wise but I’m also not expecting him to sign everyone immediately.

Advertisement
A lot tougher to get guys across the country plus he’s still going to be using the rest of his visits.Usually when Miami doesn’t get the last visit before signing it doesn’t bode well. USC seems to have all the momentum for the West Coast team and will be one of his last visits.

What Miami has in their favor is Mario and Maribel have probably been recruiting this kid for years and most of the schools in his final group have either new HC or OCs so it’s a wash there for everyone.

I’m more than happy with what Mario’s done recruiting wise but I’m also not expecting him to sign everyone immediately.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying. I'm simply pointing out NOTHING we've seen previously at Miami is equivalent to what's our present situation. Not even when I was there did we have every aspect of the university on the same page like we do now. So while I understand tempering expectations, I also understand we'd be setting ourselves up for more failure if we simply assume we're not gonna get any kids that we have interest in. We have a legit shot in and out of any living room throughout America starting 2023 and beyond. Give Mario and the resources he's been gave a full cycle and watch the man work. That's one thing about energy, it attracts what you put out there. No more room for that failure ****. Open y'all's eyes to success so everyone sees it should be the norm.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying. I'm simply pointing out NOTHING we've seen previously at Miami is equivalent to what's our present situation. Not even when I was there did we have every aspect of the university on the same page like we do now. So while I understand tempering expectations, I also understand we'd be setting ourselves up for more failure if we simply assume we're not gonna get any kids that we have interest in. We have a legit shot in and out of any living room throughout America starting 2023 and beyond. Give Mario and the resources he's been gave a full cycle and watch the man work. That's one thing about energy, it attracts what you put out there. No more room for that failure ****. Open y'all's eyes to success so everyone sees it should be the norm.

Agree with this and what you said above about a lot of us just assuming a prospect isn’t coming.

The ‘23 class and beyond has me excited because I know that some of these horror stories about how blue chip kids can’t even get a call back to schedule a visit on their dime or some of the stuff you’ve shared about guys will never happen again.

Advertisement
Somebody bought this man a fresh set of Orange and Green shades!

Alright, alright alright!

I'd give it 50 / 50 at best and you can't ask for more than that. USC, they're going to be a beast with Riley on board. Two heavyweight recruiters going at it for sure.

Advertisement

Bruh that last line was a bar. Should get into Eric Thomas motivational speaking or something bruh.

Advertisement
Back