2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
Top 20 isn't going to be that hard to get to. We shouldn't even be focused on the rankings. The only reason we are low right now is because we only have 8 recruits signed, but 7 of the 8 are "blue chips." You could even argue 8/8 because Jayden Harris is a late bloomer. I actually hate that we put these young men into boxes with this star system. However, If we signed 8 more 3-star players we'd break the top 20. That's not the goal. Mario is building a roster to compete at the highest level. He's going after blue chip recruits.

For reference, Oklahoma is sitting at #10 with 15 recruits signed (4-star:12, 3-star:3). Clemson is at #17 with 13 recruits signed (5-star:1, 4-star:9, 3-star:3). If we signed 6-7 more blue chips, we could take that #10 spot. Even if we sign just 3 more blue chips, we break the top 20.

Again, the rankings are just a reference point. It's not about where you are on some list. It's about what you have on your roster.
that being said obviously you have to sign numbers because of the bust rate and attrition.

Top 20 isn't going to be that hard to get to. We shouldn't even be focused on the rankings. The only reason we are low right now is because we only have 8 recruits signed, but 7 of the 8 are "blue chips." You could even argue 8/8 because Jayden Harris is a late bloomer. I actually hate that we put these young men into boxes with this star system. However, If we signed 8 more 3-star players we'd break the top 20. That's not the goal. Mario is building a roster to compete at the highest level. He's going after blue chip recruits.

For reference, Oklahoma is sitting at #10 with 15 recruits signed (4-star:12, 3-star:3). Clemson is at #17 with 13 recruits signed (5-star:1, 4-star:9, 3-star:3). If we signed 6-7 more blue chips, we could take that #10 spot. Even if we sign just 3 more blue chips, we break the top 20.

Again, the rankings are just a reference point. It's not about where you are on some list. It's about what you have on your roster.
This right here!!!

Advertisement
that being said obviously you have to sign numbers because of the bust rate and attrition.
It's about roster management. I don't think Mario will take guys just to fill up spots. 2023 is one of most talented recruiting cycles. I expect some scholarships to be saved to have a big 2023 class where Mario can knock it out of the park with 27-30 blue chip recruits.

not coming
1639674477004.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back