Joshua Burrell

I've said TWICE, "If his numbers are ACCURATE.....". Let's be honest, MOST of these HS kids numbers are inflated by the HS coaches or even kids themselves. They want to get in the game. I seriously doubt this kid is as fast as Lamar Miller. Lamar was timed at an NFL testing facility, using the best equipment money can buy. This kid was timed at a high school field, probably before a practice, and on a track, by his coaches or a teammate using a regular old stopwatch. Annnnnddd his measurable are probably more like 5'10 and 230. The kid does look good for a FB.

Agree with 3FW on his TRUE speed. And that "speed" is plenty good for his position.

Not necessarily true, Dude. If he runs it in Blacksburg, it automatically cuts about .3-.5 of a second. It's the altitude, you know.

Advertisement
I've never seen a highlight film of a back where most of the plays are blocks. I would love to have him for the fullback position.

Seems like a good prospect. Like the way he finished the run at the 2:00 mark and his aggressive blocking...you can tell the kid is not afraid of contact. Agree that his 40 is inflated but is without a doubt "fast enough" to play in college. Big fast physical...sing his *** up. Are we even recruiting this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a good prospect. Like the way he finished the run at the 2:00 mark. Agree that his 40 is inflated but is without a doubt "fast enough" to play in college. Big fast physical...sing his *** up. Are we even recruiting this guy?

Hum a tune...and I'll try to sing it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back