Joshua Burrell

Advertisement
Good find. A REAL FB with good feet and surprising speed! 5'11 239lbs with 4.4 speed (Don't know how accurate that is, lol). 11.2 100m is MOVING for a HS kid that's pushing 240lbs!

Advertisement
I've said TWICE, "If his numbers are ACCURATE.....". Let's be honest, MOST of these HS kids numbers are inflated by the HS coaches or even kids themselves. They want to get in the game. I seriously doubt this kid is as fast as Lamar Miller. Lamar was timed at an NFL testing facility, using the best equipment money can buy. This kid was timed at a high school field, probably before a practice, and on a track, by his coaches or a teammate using a regular old stopwatch. Annnnnddd his measurable are probably more like 5'10 and 230. The kid does look good for a FB.

Agree with 3FW on his TRUE speed. And that "speed" is plenty good for his position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
you don't even need to say "if his numbers are accurate".
his numbers aren't accurate.

you don't even need to say "if his numbers are accurate".
his numbers aren't accurate.

392.gif

if this kid went to the nfl combine, he wouldn't be anywhere close to 4.5. guaranteed.

Advertisement
I thought he got away with a few holding calls on some of his blocks, looks big but I would have loved to have seen more head up blocking from him and not just getting on an angle.

Advertisement
He ran an 11.4 at his track meets. I guarantee a 4.5... at his best.

Was that an automatic time or stop watch timed? Not all track meets use electronic/automatic timing.

Also, an 11.4 does not equal a 4.5 40.

Correct, it could equal a 4.40 40 time. Shorter guys are quicker out of the start and lose their time later in the sprint. Those long legged guys tend to out stride them.

4.4 4.5 4.6 who cares? The guy is big and fast and he's a high school kid.
However fast he is now, he will only be getting bigger, stronger and hopefully faster in the future.

He ran an 11.4 at his track meets. I guarantee a 4.5... at his best.

Was that an automatic time or stop watch timed? Not all track meets use electronic/automatic timing.

Also, an 11.4 does not equal a 4.5 40.

Correct, it could equal a 4.40 40 time. Shorter guys are quicker out of the start and lose their time later in the sprint. Those long legged guys tend to out stride them.

4.4 4.5 4.6 who cares? The guy is big and fast and he's a high school kid.
However fast he is now, he will only be getting bigger, stronger and hopefully faster in the future.

I agree for his size a 4.6 would be great, and that is probably a little closer to his actual 40 time. I'm telling you, a dude running an 11.4 is extremely doubtful at a 4.5 40. I agree with the others that it's more in the 4.6 - 4.7 range. Which is pretty good for a dude his size.

Advertisement
Back