Josh Sill WVU OG enters Portal and Miami Should Reach Out

That mullet just screams Miami. I'm sure he'll be kicking down the doors to play for our mediocre program.

Advertisement
No;

Just b/c someone is an OL don’t mean they will be a good fit, here.

WVU OLmen are products of spread offenses. We run a pro style that’s archaic af, which requires OL to hold their position a lot longer.

Honestly going Portal for OLmen won’t help unless we snag some prostyle OLmen. Who’s running prostyle like us? Who’s running so many jump sets like us? That’s y it’s important to RECRUIT OL so we can teach them as pups. Just think about all the transfer OLmen we’ve had since Richt and what they’ve amounted to. It’s the proverbial square peg and round hole.

Advertisement
No;

Just b/c someone is an OL don’t mean they will be a good fit, here.

WVU OLmen are products of spread offenses. We run a pro style that’s archaic af, which requires OL to hold their position a lot longer.

Honestly going Portal for OLmen won’t help unless we snag some prostyle OLmen. Who’s running prostyle like us? Who’s running so many jump sets like us? That’s y it’s important to RECRUIT OL so we can teach them as pups. Just think about all the transfer OLmen we’ve had since Richt and what they’ve amounted to. It’s the proverbial square peg and round hole.

Preach. Going spread would benefit literally every position on offense. Too bad Diaz doesn’t see it.

Stanford has OL in the portal. That’s our best bet.

Yes. He did nothing to improve the situation during the season and his recruiting is garbage.
Personally I thought the oline did get better throughout the year..I’m not for the shuffling staff year to year..this not madden. It’s real ppl.
from the UF game I said unless I saw the improvement..the oline did improve under Butch..that duke game we got hit with crazy injuries

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's usually kiss of death for a player to be recommended on this board. Just look at Paranos' record. Not knocking Paranos. But how many of his suggestions have ended up being recruited? It's like they have a graduate assistant or junior analyst (do we even have analysts?) following the board and saying "No, we can't recruit that guy, he's already been mentioned favorably on CiS."

Barry is an issue because this line did not improve.

We started the year giving up 10 miserable sacks to UF. Ok, it was a tough defense and we started a true freshman and redshirt freshman.

We ended the year getting smoked by a Duke Dline, giving up 9 more sacks. That's not improvement.

We gave up 46 sacks and 48 hurries on the year. Even mediocre teams don't give up that many with 2 star linemen. I realize Enos was part of the problem but c'mon. Either Barry needs to say something to Enos to adjust the scheme for help OR he needs to coach these kids up better. We needed more improvement than what we saw.
Combo on lots of things:
1. Poor coaching
2. Pathetic player desire - i.e. show that you at least care
3. Terrible S&C - Canes have FAT, slow and poor healthy OL
4. JARREN WILLIAMS
5. ENOS

We need to be “reaching out “ to almost every lineman available. We have the worst OL in all of college football. **** near last in every single category. Scaife is the only one who should be considered a starter.
Would any sane thinking person trust this coaching staff to properly evaluate a prospective OLineman.

Advertisement
Barry is an issue because this line did not improve.

We started the year giving up 10 miserable sacks to UF. Ok, it was a tough defense and we started a true freshman and redshirt freshman.

We ended the year getting smoked by a Duke Dline, giving up 9 more sacks. That's not improvement.

We gave up 46 sacks and 48 hurries on the year. Even mediocre teams don't give up that many with 2 star linemen. I realize Enos was part of the problem but c'mon. Either Barry needs to say something to Enos to adjust the scheme for help OR he needs to coach these kids up better. We needed more improvement than what we saw.

I thought the line showed improvement, but Duke game we had a rash of injuries that affected the overall play.

we lost Donaldson early, Campbell comes in then he gets lost for the game, Scaife goes down, he does come back later, then Clarke goes down for the game, it was a complete cluster, but you can fault Barry for his recruiting, but lying blame on the duke game is a reach imo.

I thought the line showed improvement, but Duke game we had a rash of injuries that affected the overall play.

we lost Donaldson early, Campbell comes in then he gets lost for the game, Scaife goes down, he does come back later, then Clarke goes down for the game, it was a complete cluster, but you can fault Barry for his recruiting, but lying blame on the duke game is a reach imo.

Still not buying it.

Duke had >3 sacks in a game times all year.
6 against MTSU
4 against GT
9 against Miami

Even with some backups in, it needed to be better. Campbell played better than Donaldson at times throughout the year. Losing guards shouldn't result in that many sacks. You have 3 blocking 2 with possible help from a running back.

I didn't watch the game so i can only go by the stats but they weren't pretty. Those are sacks only, the amount of hurries during that game, FIU and others also factor in.

Combo on lots of things:
1. Poor coaching
2. Pathetic player desire - i.e. show that you at least care
3. Terrible S&C - Canes have FAT, slow and poor healthy OL
4. JARREN WILLIAMS
5. ENOS
The only fat player on the team is 55..nobody else in the oline looks sloppy

Advertisement
Y’all keep bringing up FIU..look, FIU is a anomaly..just like Troy beating LSU..Louisiana Monroe beating Nick saban..when you show up not ready to go against lesser opponents and you let them hang around and gain confidence, assjoles get tighter

GA Tech and Duke an anomaly too. We sure have had a lot of anomalies this season.

GA Tech and Duke an anomaly too. We sure have had a lot of anomalies this season.
No..but FIU surely is bruh. I’ve been on a team that upset a particular team on a particular day..I’m not foolish enough to believe that it would happen again

Y’all keep bringing up FIU..look, FIU is a anomaly..just like Troy beating LSU..Louisiana Monroe beating Nick saban..when you show up not ready to go against lesser opponents and you let them hang around and gain confidence, assjoles get tighter

Motivation is the ultimate equalizer.

Advertisement
Back