Josh Pate On Miami's Future Under Mario Cristobal (Late Kick Cut)

Advertisement
He's high on Mario. A couple of quotes:

"...It may be coaching that also gets flipped."
and
"I wanna make sure that what I'm saying is crystal clear. I don't think the coaching staff that he's gonna have three years from now will look very similar to the coaching staff he has now."

as fans, we want instant results and progress but he's absolutely right

we have no doubt about mario's ability to recruit, even when on field performance isnt great. There's no doubt we'll be up there with clemson in terms of talent within 2 years. As long as he makes the right coaching changes, I don't think this year will change much in the grand scheme of things when we look back 2-3 years from now

I agree with him. I'm disappointed in this season and I absolutely believe it was avoidable. However, I still ride with MC. He is building the machine. Will we ever win the NC under MC? No clue. But, will he build a perennial top 10 team? I wouldn't bet against him.

A guy not affiliated can be realistic and reasonable yet our own fan base can't. After we're playing 3 string oline, 3rd strong QB. 3rd and 4th strong TEs at times. A terrible lb group, etc. Yes Gattis' exacerbated our issues. Give Mario some time to fix it.

People assumed he'd come in and win ten games when many of our games last year were within a few points. Be realistic. If it's this **** in 2024, ***** away. Ask him to be fired.

Advertisement
I agree with him. I'm disappointed in this season and I absolutely believe it was avoidable. However, I still ride with MC. He is building the machine. Will we ever win the NC under MC? No clue. But, will he build a perennial top 10 team? I wouldn't bet against him.
This season would have never been over 8 wins with the amount of injury, but yes. Duke, UNC, and mtsu could've been won.

JP reads CiS.

Josh, your show rocks man. Watched you in the early days when you had <3000 subs. Keep it rollin’. Always welcomed to lurk/post here.

Disregard the mopes and sad-********. It has been an understandably tough season for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Na. We were never winning a&m.
Disagree. A&M was very winnable. I felt this prior to the start of the season. They never impressed me and despite their recruiting success, i saw them as a 3-4 loss team this season. The problem with A&M was that Miami couldn't get out of its own way. Had we had a better offense than Gattis' crap, Miami wins.

Advertisement
Na. We were never winning a&m.
Even just having restrepo and Colbie Young's emergence could have won A&M... We were literally just one big play away all game...

Was still a terrible coaching job because A&M is obviously a bad team. But we can acknowledge both that it was a bad coaching job AND we still could have won without some injuries/personnel changes.

Even just having restrepo and Colbie Young's emergence could have won A&M... We were literally just one big play away all game...

Was still a terrible coaching job because A&M is obviously a bad team. But we can acknowledge both that it was a bad coaching job AND we still could have won without some injuries/personnel changes.
Disagree. A&M was very winnable. I felt this prior to the start of the season. They never impressed me and despite their recruiting success, i saw them as a 3-4 loss team this season. The problem with A&M was that Miami couldn't get out of its own way. Had we had a better offense than Gattis' crap, Miami wins.
Yeah, I guess my point is with Gattis' we weren't going to win period. It was painful watching him call plays.

If we had lashlee (who I still think is average), then yeah we may win. We may be a 8 win team with that scheme this year even with injuries.

Yeah, I guess my point is with Gattis' we weren't going to win period. It was painful watching him call plays.

If we had lashlee (who I still think is average), then yeah we may win. We may be a 8 win team with that scheme this year even with injuries.
Point taken in reference to Gattis. This was back when majority of the board still believed in him so we thought there was a chance lol

Point taken in reference to Gattis. This was back when majority of the board still believed in him so we thought there was a chance lol
That game was painful. They sent 3 most of the game. Gattis couldn't scheme anyone open. And when we did, TVD didn't'see them or couldn't connect due to the new offense. We blamed it on talent. It was bad.

Advertisement
Back