Josh Pate Mail Bag 10/25

Things like this anger me. It means we should band together as fans to support the program no matter what, regardless of whether you agree with everything. I liken it to families dealing with their own **** internally and never publicly airing their ****.

Like we shouldn’t be sheep being influenced by dirtbag journalists that just want to see **** burn. We should rebut all their bull**** tweets and comment on all their hit piece articles.

**** them. The program needs as much support as possible. We’re stuck with Mario for at least 5-6 years. Let’s support him at least for now, no questions asked.
I’ll support him when he puts our players in the right spots. Losses don’t bother me as much as stupidity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Things like this anger me. It means we should band together as fans to support the program no matter what, regardless of whether you agree with everything. I liken it to families dealing with their own **** internally and never publicly airing their ****.

Like we shouldn’t be sheep being influenced by dirtbag journalists that just want to see **** burn. We should rebut all their bull**** tweets and comment on all their hit piece articles.

**** them. The program needs as much support as possible. We’re stuck with Mario for at least 5-6 years. Let’s support him at least for now, no questions asked.
Ya, let’s not bat an eye at a severely underperforming staff because we are embarrassed when the media bashes us.

I know this is a joke, but I genuinely think there are some people on this board who enjoy watching us lose. They would rather be right about their predictions instead of seeing the program find success.
Nah it's not about enjoying watching the team lose, it's about feeling justified and vindicated after being dragged and negged on here (and other sites) for daring to be cautious regarding new hires and not immediately slurping the kool-aid and falling a victim to off-season hype. This was especially the case with Mario (and maybe Richt) where if you weren't constantly sunshine pumping and predicting an ACCCG appearance in year 1, your fandom/dedication to the team was questioned and you were told to "go root for UF or FSU." I was in a Canes fan group on fb and predicted anywhere between a 6-8 win season for Miami (no ACCCG appearance) and i even predicted that TVD would struggle a bit adjusting to a new offense/coordinator and had blind fanboys come at me. So while it sucks that the team is 3-4 and a current laughing stock (especially from Oregon fans), at least i can take slight comfort delighting in the misery of sunshine pumpers who lacked any real objectivity.

Advertisement
Didn't the national media run Saban off from the Dolphins? We've even had some of these journo's out a recruits school choice before they could announce; or had someone throw out a injury report before it was officially stated. SoFla media is lame as ****. Honestly, there needs to be a media rebuild that coincides with this program. The Harold has been horrendous.

Josh Pate got it right and that U porster on twitter should be ashamed. I didn't see anything in CMCs presser that was controversial either. We've been seeing a lot of things taken out of the frame of the question and people that do that to stir the pot are lazy fuc boys. We got enough problems as it is, we don't need low IQ fans cavemanning quotes trying to make problems.

I'm a big fan of Josh Pate because of his well thought out takes. I particularly liked what he said about this team being terrible and this team being a lost cause not the program. I think that its very important to differentiate between the two. This program may have a very bright future but this particular team is way past the point of being salvaged no matter who the staff consists of.

I also liked the point he made about the possibility that a very significant number of current players will be asked to move on in addition to a few assistant coaches. I think most of us agree that this needs to happen.

Now whether or not this program gets turned around is completely up to Mario Cristobal and the decisions that he chooses to make. He has a lot of good people around him so let's hope that they make the right moves.

Edit: Almost forgot. There was absolutely nothing controversial about what Mario said about the media. That is obvious when you listen to the entire answer that he gave and have the proper context in which it was said. Why then did we see all these people talking about what Cristobal said as if it was some huge controversy? This one is easy but it may not be what most are expecting to hear. The reason is that most people lack the requisite intelligence necessary to comprehend what was being said in it's full context. In other words, it's because most people are dumb as ***** and it isn't getting any better. I honestly think people are becoming more dumbed down than I had ever thought possible. The ability to think for oneself is becoming more and more uncommon. Just go out and observe. People literally have difficulty finding their way out of a restaurant. It's sad. Really sad.

Last edited:
Nah it's not about enjoying watching the team lose, it's about feeling justified and vindicated after being dragged and negged on here (and other sites) for daring to be cautious regarding new hires and not immediately slurping the kool-aid and falling a victim to off-season hype. This was especially the case with Mario (and maybe Richt) where if you weren't constantly sunshine pumping and predicting an ACCCG appearance in year 1, your fandom/dedication to the team was questioned and you were told to "go root for UF or FSU." I was in a Canes fan group on fb and predicted anywhere between a 6-8 win season for Miami (no ACCCG appearance) and i even predicted that TVD would struggle a bit adjusting to a new offense/coordinator and had blind fanboys come at me. So while it sucks that the team is 3-4 and a current laughing stock (especially from Oregon fans), at least i can take slight comfort delighting in the misery of sunshine pumpers who lacked any real objectivity.

The thing is, they weren’t sunshine pumpers. Lol.

The most “fans” that I witness say 10 win or bust, ACCCG or bust yr 1 weren’t objective, nor were they sunshine pumpers. They were fans who had their own agendas in either wanting Manny to remain here b/c “the guys played hard, so let‘a give him another year” or Lane Train fans. They never wanted Mario here; same ones were openly rooting against him while he was at UO. So for them, it’s vindication & I “told u so” high.

Most objective fans, would say this team would be an 8-9 win team, where we would see some growing pains. ****, even if u said 6-8 wins, that was still reasonable & objective.

The thing is, they weren’t sunshine pumpers. Lol.

The most “fans” that I witness say 10 win or bust, ACCCG or bust yr 1 weren’t objective, nor were they sunshine pumpers. They were fans who had their own agendas in either wanting Manny to remain here b/c “the guys played hard, so let‘a give him another year” or Lane Train fans. They never wanted Mario here; same ones were openly rooting against him while he was at UO. So for them, it’s vindication & I “told u so” high.

Most objective fans, would say this team would be an 8-9 win team, where we would see some growing pains. ****, even if u said 6-8 wins, that was still reasonable & objective.
Do you think 8-9 wins was too high of a standard? I mean Vegas had us around that total. The media had Miami as a huge favorite to win the coastal , we easily have the second most talent in the conference . On top of that the schedule was pathetic , It’s Clemson and the rest is average to below average.

The culture is bad but was it so bad that it won 5 out of six last year and was a late meltdown from 6 out of 7?

imo the truth like always is in the middle. We have a culture problem and quitters. There’s also too much talent to be losing to horrible rosters and the coaching has been atrocious. If people want to deny that they’re living in a cult or have cognitive dissonance.

This staff is one of the highest paid in the country and this has been one of the worst ROI I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
Hey @Liberty City El, @crossover22[]_[], @FrancisSawyer, @BS85, @UMFarArcher …remember when the slurp crew were blaming the players (because Pepperidge Farm remembers)?

Now the narrative has changed to it’s the media’s fault because they hate Miami. Apparently it’s also the fans fault for not showing up in mass to see this atrocity of a corching staff as they butcher anything and everything scheme and play call related.

I’m here for the laughs! You can’t make this up.

Advertisement
I’ll support him when he puts our players in the right spots. Losses don’t bother me as much as stupidity.
I agree with all that. But maybe you’re not seeing my point. We’re stuck with him at least 5-6 years. Why don’t we support the team unconditionally for a couple years so we can do our part to help momentum.

Go look at Nick Saban’s opening press conference where he asks for everyone’s unconditional support—because it takes everyone to succeed.

You have to assume Mario wants to win and wants to put the guys in positions to succeed. We already saw a change in the offense. We’re throwing it now more than ever.

The losses do matter. They’re evidence of the stupidity you reference. If we had zero losses, no one would be saying **** about “stupidity”.

@astabooty i agree with what you’re saying. But I don’t think you understand my point. See above. Check out my posting history. I’m ripping the staff just as much as the next guy. It’s embarrassing seeing what’s going on. And I’m at every game. To get the seats I have I also need to donate some decent coin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back