Josh Pate Mail Bag 10/25

Advertisement

End of the show he talks a lot about Miami. Worth a listen. I like his perspective a lot. He is hardcore, well connected, well informed and disinterested/impartial.

Well first of all, how dare he have a level-headed take.

Secondly, is he right or wrong? What’s your and others’ opinions?

This year has certainly been a massive failure on the field and can still get worse if recruits start to drop. However, I think (hope) we keep our recruits and overhaul the deficiencies in our roster via the portal and replace a lot of our coaches too.

This year has certainly been a massive failure on the field and can still get worse if recruits start to drop. However, I think (hope) we keep our recruits and overhaul the deficiencies in our roster via the portal and replace a lot of our coaches too.
I’m not sure at all. At this point I’ve just been completely beaten down to a level of indifference. I’ll just watch as an observer until I see something change. I hope he’s right.

The most interesting thing I heard him say was about the Miami media and people down here (and nationally) generally cheering on our failure. I wish he would have called them out by name.

I’m not sure at all. At this point I’ve just been completely beaten down to a level of indifference. I’ll just watch as an observer until I see something change. I hope he’s right.

The most interesting thing I heard him say was about the Miami media and people down here (and nationally) generally cheering on our failure. I wish he would have called them out by name.
Barry Jackson being on top of the charts. What a d-bag.

Advertisement

I think he couldn’t have said it any better.

Things like this anger me. It means we should band together as fans to support the program no matter what, regardless of whether you agree with everything. I liken it to families dealing with their own **** internally and never publicly airing their ****.

Like we shouldn’t be sheep being influenced by dirtbag journalists that just want to see **** burn. We should rebut all their bull**** tweets and comment on all their hit piece articles.

**** them. The program needs as much support as possible. We’re stuck with Mario for at least 5-6 years. Let’s support him at least for now, no questions asked.

Advertisement
Things like this anger me. It means we should band together as fans to support the program no matter what, regardless of whether you agree with everything. I liken it to families dealing with their own **** internally and never publicly airing their ****.

Like we shouldn’t be sheep being influenced by dirtbag journalists that just want to see **** burn. We should rebut all their bull**** tweets and comment on all their hit piece articles.

**** them. The program needs as much support as possible. We’re stuck with Mario for at least 5-6 years. Let’s support him at least for now, no questions asked.
1665450515728.gif

Miami media is national media. Not local media like Athens or Tuscaloosa. Guys here are tryna move up with whatever bloodwake they leave

Advertisement

End of the show he talks a lot about Miami. Worth a listen. I like his perspective a lot. He is hardcore, well connected, well informed and disinterested/impartial.

The reality is, this program has been a national embarrassment for 20 years.

It’s understandable that the fan base has grown impatient and hyper critical.

But Mario deserves time. He was not in my top 10 choices to replace Diaz, and yet, here we are. It’s not fair to give up on him or the program so early into his tenure. He bleeds orange and green and he’s probably just as angry as us about the losses.

Let him rebuild this program the right way. There are no short cuts when your team has sucked *** for so long.

And yes, of course we could have hired someone like Lane and won some more games in year 1, but Mario is building this for the long haul.

I think, as a fan base, we need to rally around the program and support them the best we can. I know that’s asking a lot, but they need us. Throw year 1 out the window and pray that we demonstrate some progress next year. But for God’s sake, don’t judge him after half a season.

Let’s hope he makes the necessary changes in the offseason, mainly on the offensive side of the ball.

Manny Navaro.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back