Coaching Josh Pate Late Kick Live tonight: Talks Mario's staff

Advertisement
These hires will create parity down the road. It will weaken the sec and OSU over time....not immediately but over time we will rise and they will fall without the help of sfla.
correct breaking bad GIF

Advertisement

Topics include CF Playoff Expansion, LSU & Kelly, Marios staff and Saban's Press Conference last week.

Mario talk starts around 41:00 minute mark. Pate talks about CIS board and the thread about his interview last week with Mario.....

Been following Josh when he had <5000 subscribers. He's legit. Josh, hook me up with a Late Kick Chalice!

Advertisement
Pate is a hoop earring away from law suit.
Proctor and Gamble is gonna cease and desist his *** for copyright infringement on Mr. Clean.
Speaking of which. My younger brother worked his entire career in the video game business. I told him about Mario and all the Mario symbolism. He cautioned me that Nintendo can get zealous about its brands and trademarks and could see them restricting their usage. Just reporting not judging..

Corrected it to say not judging.

Last edited:

Topics include CF Playoff Expansion, LSU & Kelly, Marios staff and Saban's Press Conference last week.

Mario talk starts around 41:00 minute mark. Pate talks about CIS board and the thread about his interview last week with Mario.....

Thanks for this.

Although my 41:00 mark was him talking about Saban calling out players who didn't play in the NC game. 🤷‍♂️

The Mario/CIS stuff was great. He made a really good point that almost everyone Mario has hired has worked for either Saban or Mario before. That means Mario knows those guys can handle his grind. A lot of coaches can't.

But the Saban segment after that might have been even better. There are a few lessons in there that everyone who posts on the recruiting page needs to learn.
It was excellent. Thanks.

It’s almost reverse psychology where you convince players to stay by saying if they don’t want to compete…they want to be soft…please leave.

And it does become a filtration process where you have a roster of 80% alphas males.

It also makes the notion that Gaytors peddling that Mario guaranteed Citizen a starting spot knowing he spent years seeing how Saban handled highly rated guys so ridiculous.

Advertisement
Josh talked some serious game during the hiring process. He ate his crow. Respect

Yep and at the time he wasn’t wrong… we had to put up to shut up and that’s what’s happened. He is one of the more reasonable CFB talk shows out there

Advertisement
What he didn’t mention is that Mario is also building a program and staff that can pull top talent from other recruiting hotbeds iN ADDITION to locking down south Florida. I expect major inroads in CA, Tx, LA, GA. That’s next level

Agiye Hall would probably be the poster child for what coach Saban spoke about. He really had a great spring game but somehow got bogged down during the season and couldn't get on the field. He started tweeting out about his frustration and being cryptic about transferring. When necessity laid hold of him, when our starting 2 receivers went down, Hall wasn't ready. This might explain why he was struggling to get on the field in the first place. I doubt if freshman Ja'Corey Brooks was among that group of 3 mentioned. When he got on the field he did pretty well.

Speaking of which. My younger brother worked his entire career in the video game business. I told him about Mario and all the Mario symbolism. He cautioned me that Nintendo can get zealous about its brands and trademarks and could see them restricting their usage. Just reporting and judging..
Im honestly surprised they haven't tbh. Between Nintendo and Toei Animation, some of the pettiest entities I've ever heard of lol

Advertisement
Back