Josh Jackson (VT) portal rumor

Advertisement
Advertisement
After watching this kid play quite a few times I thought he was hella overrated. I don't think Miami's even remotely interested, but we'll clap for the fact that he's leaving a heated rival. Man, I was on VT's forums earlier and they are in meltdown mode. One guy even said, "By the time Fuentes is done there will be a big, heaping pile of rubble and ash where this program once stood." It seems like every day they find out another key player is leaving. I think a lot of college football fans, myself included, kinda took Beamer for granted while he was there but that program was the model of consistency during his tenure.

Being reported to hit the portal

I sent this to a VT fan friend of mine.
When you HC has to issue a statement on transfers...yeah, not a good sign. I always heard VT was a tough place for a lot of kids to go to school, in the mountains of western Virginia, but I guess their winning made up for it. Looks like not so much now.

When I read it, I heard echos of Richt's recent "decommittments are part of the process now"

Advertisement
If Richt was still our coach we would be dealing with the same crap.

First let me say that I am a Cane grad from Virginia but still make it to some games in Miami and certainly here in VA and those in NC and will always bleed Orange and Green. I live less than two hours from the VaTech campus and as you might suspect, most all of my personal friends here are big VT fans. Some of you ask why would a player (Jackson.) stay in the mountains of Blacksburg rather than Miami. Simple really. Because VT is THE town. The entire surrounding 100 mile radius lives and breathes VT football. For example, last year, well I mean in 2017 when we won 10 straight games, and I head to Miami to see my Canes beat VT, and while there I comment to people at the airport, to the cabbie, to the hotel clerk, to waiters at the different restaurants, etc, that I’m in town for the Hurricanes Game, I never had even ONE person know what I was talking about. They would ask me things like What Game, or When Is It, or Is That a College Game, or look at me like they had no earthly idea what I was talking about. Granted, when I got to the stadium, I was in Heaven because I was surrounded by Canes and what a night. Fast forward, exact came thing happened the next week at the Notre Dame game. Conversely, if you get anywhere in Virginia within 100 miles from Va Tech on a game day, and you mention to a cabbie, a waiter, a hotel clerk, etc, that you are going to The Game, they know immediately what you mean, know who VT is playing, know if it is a day or night game, etc etc. This kind of atmosphere is something that some kids playing football live for and can’t be duplicated in a city of a few million. Same with Clemson. Bigger town than Blacksburg, but again, like VT, Clemson University is THE town. Whew, having said all this, keep in mind that I hope our Canes never lose to VT again and that we canonce again rule college football. GO CANES!!!

less than two ours from the VaTech campus and while having grown up

I'd say this is the case for most university towns. Most aren't in metro areas. Most of these "cities" only exist because the university is there. Rural, college town life is not for everyone. Brevin Jordan listed the fact that Miami is a big city as a major reason he signed with the Hurricanes. I went to school at UCF and I was thankful there was a nearby city that entailed more than just the college campus. After two years of "campus life" I couldn't wait to move away from school and into a more urban environment. A lot of these kids that grew up in the city don't really jibe with the atmosphere on most campuses.

There's over 6.5 million people in the metro Miami area (Dade, Broward, Palm Beach). A majority of them could not care less about the University of Miami or their football program. Thousands of tourists come here daily and maybe 1% of them are here to attend sporting events. There's just so much more here than the run of the mill college town.

Can echo that living in Blacksburg sucks. My wife, all my high school buddies and my brother went to VT. He lives in Roanoke now, and its just drab.

Jackson is inaccurate as ****, and most of the fanbase wanted him benched. But he fit what Fuente wanted in being a big body capable of running. Fuente strikes me as being incredibly arrogant, and believing his way works and it never needs to change. Sound familiar? He just has that look on the sideline to me.

My VT buddies hear Jackson to Bowling Green, which if true, would speak volumes to his actual ability.

Advertisement
First let me say that I am a Cane grad from Virginia but still make it to some games in Miami and certainly here in VA and those in NC and will always bleed Orange and Green. I live less than two hours from the VaTech campus and as you might suspect, most all of my personal friends here are big VT fans. Some of you ask why would a player (Jackson.) stay in the mountains of Blacksburg rather than Miami. Simple really. Because VT is THE town. The entire surrounding 100 mile radius lives and breathes VT football. For example, last year, well I mean in 2017 when we won 10 straight games, and I head to Miami to see my Canes beat VT, and while there I comment to people at the airport, to the cabbie, to the hotel clerk, to waiters at the different restaurants, etc, that I’m in town for the Hurricanes Game, I never had even ONE person know what I was talking about. They would ask me things like What Game, or When Is It, or Is That a College Game, or look at me like they had no earthly idea what I was talking about. Granted, when I got to the stadium, I was in Heaven because I was surrounded by Canes and what a night. Fast forward, exact came thing happened the next week at the Notre Dame game. Conversely, if you get anywhere in Virginia within 100 miles from Va Tech on a game day, and you mention to a cabbie, a waiter, a hotel clerk, etc, that you are going to The Game, they know immediately what you mean, know who VT is playing, know if it is a day or night game, etc etc. This kind of atmosphere is something that some kids playing football live for and can’t be duplicated in a city of a few million. Same with Clemson. Bigger town than Blacksburg, but again, like VT, Clemson University is THE town. Whew, having said all this, keep in mind that I hope our Canes never lose to VT again and that we canonce again rule college football. GO CANES!!!

Slow morning at the office?

Thats because there is nothing BUT vt football in Blacksburg. It cuts both ways.

Advertisement
Va tech lost everyone. There is zero excuses this year. Who is a threat to Miami in the coastal Ga Tech?

Advertisement
Back