Josh Horton and DL position thoughts

I’ve been harping on the DE concern for some time. DT is also a concern as you alluded to, @LuCane .

Harvey was non impactful last night which is odd. Harvey can give you really nice minutes but be invisible other times. This has been his MO since he’s been here. Chantz is underwhelming and might very well portal after this year. Bain is a stud at DE but beyond him, it remains a question mark.

Wayne has the potential but I was expecting him to be closer to 260 than 240 at this point. Moss will be a situational guy here.

We could very well lose 8-9 DL after this year.

Next year we’ll have at DT:

Moten
Horton
Cambpell
???

The development of Collins and Wayne wil be critical for our DL but when you only sign 3 DTs in 3 recruiting cycles, you’re constantly playing catch-up.

My guess is that we’ll sign 2 more portal DL (one at DE and one at DT).
We'll also have the Bama transfer at DT next year

Advertisement
you forgot the freak Collin Arch.
Ha. Never. I just can't list him or account for him until I see something. He's recuperating from an injury. We'll see. I also have no idea if he'll remain outside or slide into DT.

I'm gonna save this screenshot of him I took until we watch him drafted into either the NFL or the WWE.

1694793023481.png

Ha. Never. I just can't list him or account for him until I see something. He's recuperating from an injury. We'll see. I also have no idea if he'll remain outside or slide into DT.

I'm gonna save this screenshot of him I took until we watch him drafted into either the NFL or the WWE.

View attachment 256933

Dude looks like the last of the Nephilim

Wayne looks great in space. Did not anticipate that
I'm a Horton fan as well. Kid has ideal size. Him, Moten, Burroughs are a solid foundation for upper classman at DT next year. I'm still not convinced Bain is going to move inside. Especially in this Guidry scheme. He definitely is in the Mesidor mold. I actually like what I saw of Wayne on his brief snaps. Very twitchy.

Advertisement
@LuCane I saw Deen and Mesidor walking around in boots last night fine.

I have no medical experience what so ever but blew out my ACL MCL PCL and Menicus.....seems to me those guys wouldn't be putting pressure on serious injuries like that if it was season ending.

Just my layman's opinion lol

@LuCane I saw Deen and Mesidor walking around in boots last night fine.

I have no medical experience what so ever but blew out my ACL MCL PCL and Menicus.....seems to me those guys wouldn't be putting pressure on serious injuries like that if it was season ending.

Just my layman's opinion lol

Boot could be an number of issues - ankle, foot, etc.

View attachment 256933
need to see him amongst regular sized players for true comparison tho. looks like he amongst the midgets on our team here.

Advertisement

View attachment 256933
Dude looks like he has a 12' wingspan. He dwarfs everyone in that photo.

Advertisement
Not sure this belongs in here but many of the freshman look like they ballooned up to fast. Bryant, popo, and R Williams come to mind that need to lean out after putting on that much mass (to be expected but it’s clear). The reason I bring this up in this thread is because I thought Horton looks great physically. Might have been the single digit number but looked like D Jackson last year to me out there. Think he’s going to be a dude
I hope our strength staff sees this post and they get their **** together. Can’t believe you didn’t apply for the job instead of Feld.

Still waiting for Leonard Taylor to have more than 1.5 solid plays a game. So sick of seeing him listed as a top 20 pick.
This is an important topic, I think.

I'm not sure there's any way for our defense to take the next step without LT handling some of those double teams and showing out a bigger level on the big game stages.

As someone who's been talked about as a "surefire first rounder," we're sure as **** gonna need the plays this year. He had 8.5 TFLs his first year and 10.5 TFLs his second season. So far, his stats are quiet and we've seen the game reviews as to why. Looking forward to a breakthrough during ACC play.

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor
JHH
Thomas Gore

All have remaining eligibility.

With the way he's producing rn, I dont think LT should declare. He has 2 tackles in 3 games.

Also very possible we have the type of season where a lot of older players want to return to finish what they started building. NIL males this an easier decision.

Advertisement
Back